• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

JazzJazz

I've played all of the Pokemon games and haven't heard of this move before... what effect does it have in the games/anime?

Geodude

Yes, Serebii's Pokedex is once again wrong. Whiscash learns Tickle at level 1, which means a wild Whiscash (which can't be caught without a cheat device) might have it as a starting move...otherwise you need the Move Tutor and a Heart Scale to get it.

Tickle lowers the opponent's Attack and Defense.

According to Pokemon Forever, Aipom, Omanyte/Omastar, Tangela, and Whiscash learn Tickle.

Last edited:

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Yeah I know Aipom says it hence why I said it in my post lol since My one from Colosseum might have it lol.

Well, I have come to terms that this battle WAS in fact awesome, but my mind seemed to have rejected the fact all this time because of how grovyle was defeated.

Even though I still wish that Grovyle could have beaten with a more powerful attack, after a more decent struggle, I won't deny that the battle on the whole was awesome.

And I was glad that Swellow didn't faint after the hyper beam, as we've seen it survive bombardments of hyper beams before (Winona's). In the games, Swellows are really weak in terms of defense, but I guess Ash's Swellow is a really unique kind of Swellow (like that electric resistance ability).

Chris

Old Coot
Actually, Oosubame only took one Hyper Beam from Nagi's. It dodged the others that were fired.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Woohoo James's bottlecaps make along awaited debut in Hoenn!

Ehem on a serious note now, Ash's got his 8th and with May's final ribbon is just round the corner, we getting ever closer to the finalé of Hoenn now. Unfortunaltey for most of this episode, I was a bit slow in noticing that the other Adan appearing out the battle was James and not not Adan himself, I was getting a bit confused as if it were a serious of flashbacks that had no relevance to the battle whatsoever lol. The battle itself was long, endurance counted alot here for all participating Pokémon. Infact, it must've been one of the longest battles seen in the animé. Disappointed in Grovyle even if it was confused with Sweet Kiss, thought we might've seen it a least try and counter-attack. I'm ok with Pikachu getting the limelight, it's traditional heh, but it looked a bit unrealistic to it flip a 360-pound Milotic over it's head into the water, but nevertheless it gave us a good finale.

Adan's voice actor rocked.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
frednmethod said:
Well, I have come to terms that this battle WAS in fact awesome, but my mind seemed to have rejected the fact all this time because of how grovyle was defeated.
Even looking past Grovyles defeat, after watching both episodes I still thought the whole Gym match was actually pretty lacklustre myself. The only part of the match I really enjoyed was Swellow's effort in defeating Whiscash and thats not much considering this was spread over two episodes. I just didn't find this to be half as exciting as any of the other Gym battles, and I suppose thats partly down to it being somewhat predictable.
Also, I thought it sucked that the majority of the time Sealeo and Miltotic were just....floating there x.x;

Alfonso

Derpgull
Sharpshooter said:
Woohoo James's bottlecaps make along awaited debut in Hoenn!

Ehem on a serious note now, Ash's got his 8th and with May's final ribbon is just round the corner, we getting ever closer to the finalé of Hoenn now. Unfortunaltey for most of this episode, I was a bit slow in noticing that the other Adan appearing out the battle was James and not not Adan himself, I was getting a bit confused as if it were a serious of flashbacks that had no relevance to the battle whatsoever lol. The battle itself was long, endurance counted alot here for all participating Pokémon. Infact, it must've been one of the longest battles seen in the animé. Disappointed in Grovyle even if it was confused with Sweet Kiss, thought we might've seen it a least try and counter-attack. I'm ok with Pikachu getting the limelight, it's traditional heh, but it looked a bit unrealistic to it flip a 360-pound Milotic over it's head into the water, but nevertheless it gave us a good finale.

Adan's voice actor rocked.

Of course he did. Rocked, I mean. Sho Hayami is a very professional, and may I say, awesome seiyuu. Maybe not as great as say, Shinichiro or Ishida Akira, (And Koyasu-sama. <3) but still pretty good.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Gravy said:
Also, I thought it sucked that the majority of the time Sealeo and Miltotic were just....floating there x.x;
I will agree that I wished Milotic moved around more, it also looked too fat in some scenes. It's the old Gyarados syndrome again. With rare exceptions (the Red Gyarados two-parter) the only times we get to see a Gyarados move around a lot is in a big budget movie. Hopefully Milotic will appear in one.

Though it looks like the animation for Milotic's Hydro Pump was good, what with how the water rose around it from the force of the attack.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
blaziken's_charizard said:
so you think ash will ever get a sceptile, crawdaunt or a glalie?
wrong place to say this and i would run as Edward Elric is probably going to yell and scream at you.

Chris

Old Coot
Almighty Zard said:
wrong place to say this and i would run as Edward Elric is probably going to yell and scream at you.
Why does everyone assume I'm some crazed guy who does nothing but yell and scream? --;

Anywho, interesting thing I've noticed. Adan's VA has voiced two characters that are VERY similar to eachother. What do I mean? Let's take a look, shall we?

[img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/archdan.jpg[/img135]
On the left is Frank Archer from Fullmetal Alchemist and on the right is Adan from Pocket Monsters AG. Here are their similarities:

• Both characters are voiced by the same man.
  • Both characters have stylish, slick hair.
  • Both characters have the same, thin eyebrows.
  • Both characters have slightly closed eyes.
  • Both have the SAME bulbous chin.
  • Both wear blue outfits.

Quite funny, no?

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
The makers of Pocket Monsters must really like playing around with their seiyuu's background (either that, or they intentionally got Frank Archer's seiyuu because Adan, being an already-existing game character, had some coincidental similarities). I mean, way back in the 5th episode, they related a scene in Fushigi Yuugi to Takeshi's family, since Takeshi's seiyuu also did that particular FY character. I think I recall hearing that there've been some other seiyuu jokes throughout the series, but I can't remember what they are. I gotta wonder if we'll ever see Satoshi wear a Sennen Ring around his neck XD?

Chris

Old Coot
Maybe. I forgot to add in that both are quite high in their rankings (Archer being a Lt. Colonel and Adan being the last Gym Leader) and both act in a refined manner.