• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

Vernikova

Champion
Okay, this is the right episode this time. Anyway, the battle was pretty satisfactory in my opinion. The end of the battle kind felt like a letdown due to how easily Milotic was taken down but I can over look that for the rest of the battle I suppose. At least I'm done re-watching Ash's Hoenn quest with only the Hoenn League and the rest of May's journey to get through.

i was surprised when Grovyle lost, how come?

Because he was under the effect of Sweet Kiss. He was confused.

Don't have much else to say other than this being a fantastic final gym battle. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was surprised that Juan's Luvdisc gave Ash's Grovyle so much trouble, but at least Corphish was able to knock it out afterwards. I screamed when Juan's Whiscash held Ash's Swellow back with its whiskers, and Pikachu vs. Milotic lasted quite a long time. Anyway, James dressed as Juan for his fangirls made me giggle as well; he looked fabulous.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
Wow, even though I agree tjat Grovyle got screwed over in this episode, you guys are acting like it's the end of the world.
I personally thought Pikachu vs Milotic was an awesome battle, especially when Pikachu suplexed Milotic into the water, before blasting it with Thunder.

The gym battle was nice with Juan's impressive skills as a former Top Coordinator, but I honestly thought that Pikachu flipping Juan's Milotic in the air was too OP...
Now that Ash has earned all of his eight Hoenn badges, I'm looking forward to May's contest at Pacifidlog Town~

JudySpell

Banned
Juan was a challenging Gym Leader and his Luvdisc seemed even more troublesome than his Milotic but it's good how Ash won. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I thought that Juan would own a Kingdra like in Emerald, but he had Milotic as his ace instead which surprised me. Well I liked the conclusion of this gym and at least Ash got the Rain badge hee hee. :D

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I wasn't too pleased about how the writers carried out that Grovyle vs. Luvdisc thing. It's not that I'm mad of how it happened, I'm simply fuming at the writers for making one of Ash's strongest and best Pokemon lose in such a demeaning way. :c

Leonhart

Imagineer
So Satoshi versus Adan continued and we saw Juptile's ordeal with Lovecus, although thankfully Heigani avenged him. Namazun grabbing Ohsubame with its whiskers was humorous, and Pikachu versus Milokaross was a great finale. I'm glad Satoshi won his last badge, but I felt bad for Kojirou when that lady's Kamex attacked him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
IIRC, wasn't he conning Juan's fans with his fake disguise and horrible water show? He kind of deserved what he got.

I know that Kojirou was doing something that wasn't right since he was taking advantage of Adan's fanclub and ruining Adan's image, but the Kamex Hydro Pump scene seemed unnecessarily harsh as punishment to me.

Daizy

I call you honey
Ash vs Juan part two was fun as heck. Corphish going up against Ice Ball after tanking Horn Drill, then Pikachu against Milotic, and also Grovyle hitting his head were all amazing scenes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I now wish that the Rune Gym battle had only been three-on-three so that it might've ended quicker to give Satoshi and his friends a chance to explore more of Rune City's landmarks. The Rune City arc just seemed awfully short to me.

I've always gotten a kick out of the Hoenn Gym Leader battles since they're so good and this one was no different. They really made it feel like Ash was having a difficult time. That being said, I'm surprised it took Ash a few rounds to get Pikachu and Corphish in sync, especially considering he participated in a tag battle in his last Orange Gym battle. Nice to see Team Rocket doing other stuff for a change as well.

I loved seeing Pikachu break the ice and he jumped up on the ice Draco Meteor Climb esque. Grovyle got taken out by a Luvdisc... wtf. Pikachu slamming Milotic, wow. Second best gym battle of Hoenn.

Gym Battle Rankings:

1. Ash vs Brawly REMATCH (2) MVP: Treecko
2. Ash vs Juan (8) MVP: Pikachu
3. Ash vs Roxanne (1) MVP: Pikachu
4. Ash vs Norman (5) MVP: Grovyle
5. Ash vs Winona (6) MVP: Grovyle
6. Ash vs Brawly (2) MVP: Hariyama
7. Ash vs Flannery (4) MVP: Corphish
8. Ash vs Tate and Liza (7) MVP: Pikachu and Swellow
9. Ash vs Wattson (3) MVP: Pikachu

How this battle should have gone:
Pikachu and Corphish out from the get go, defeat Seaking and Sealeo