• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elder scrolls series general discussion

noseklig

I just recently purchased morrowind and can't wait to play it seeing as this will be my first experience with the series. I was just curious as to what everyone else thinks of the games.

LizardonX

Banned
Morrowind is a good game, I'd say it was the Ocarina of time of it's genre when it came out, but its horribly outdated, Try and go for Skyrim.

noseklig

I would get skyrim but my current pc can't handle it which is why I got morrowind

Abstinence Pistols

Morrowind is a good game, I'd say it was the Ocarina of time of it's genre when it came out, but its horribly outdated, Try and go for Skyrim.

Don't go with Skyrim. It's more expensive, you can get graphical mods to update Morrowind, and honestly I think it's not as good as Morrowind or Oblivion.

noseklig

once I get a better pc will get the newer games off of steam

LizardonX

Banned
Don't go with Skyrim. It's more expensive, you can get graphical mods to update Morrowind, and honestly I think it's not as good as Morrowind or Oblivion.

Yeah but its real annoying for the first couple of hours(or days if you dont know the game) to move at the speed of a snail and hit once every 10 strikes.

noseklig

Yeah but its real annoying for the first couple of hours(or days if you dont know the game) to move at the speed of a snail and hit once every 10 strikes.

Yeah but that adds to the game challenge the major complaint from my friend who recommended me to morrowind about skyrim is that it is toto easy

GreatGonzales

The Master
Enough with the Skyirm complaints. If it's too easy, then the difficulty setting isn't high enough. I've played Oblivion, and Skyrim is certainly better. It's easier to play, faster (not saying that you can rush through it, it justs responds quicker), and the graphics are tenfold of those of Oblivion.

The new DLC just came out, but the thread is dying and I had the last post so I can't DP....can someone get it going again?

noseklig

I know that the graphics are better on skyrim but I actually like the graphic style of the previous two games

Abstinence Pistols

Enough with the Skyirm complaints. If it's too easy, then the difficulty setting isn't high enough. I've played Oblivion, and Skyrim is certainly better. It's easier to play, faster (not saying that you can rush through it, it justs responds quicker), and the graphics are tenfold of those of Oblivion.

The new DLC just came out, but the thread is dying and I had the last post so I can't DP....can someone get it going again?

The difficulty doesn't matter because Oblivion required more thought and more strategy regardless of what difficulty setting you played it on. Just because a game is "easier to play" doesn't make it better, that's one of the largest reasons Skyrim is worse. It's too simplified, and Oblivion had more depth. You can still get graphical mods for Oblivion, and either way graphics don't make a game good.

How much of Oblivion did you actually play?

I own both games and I far prefer Oblivion. The quests in Skyrim are just so repetitive. Like 75 percent of them have to do with you running into a tomb and killing some Draugrs, and the other 25 percent are still boring.

Oblivion had much more variations in the quests, I would pick it over Skyrim any day.

noseklig

One of my favorite parts in morrowind is the beginning because that just throw you into the game unlike in skyrim and oblivion where you have to do the mission right off the bat. It just doesn't seem right to me for an open world rpg.

Nickolanious

Pokemon Breeder
I've recently been playing Skyrim, but I would love to start playing Morrowind again. I never got very far in it anyway.
I like Skyrim, but the story doesn't interest me very much. Dragons.
Overall, I like the games a lot!

noseklig

I've recently been playing Skyrim, but I would love to start playing Morrowind again. I never got very far in it anyway.
I like Skyrim, but the story doesn't interest me very much. Dragons.
Overall, I like the games a lot!
You should definitely go back and play morrowind again

Last edited:

Djura

99% chance to hit
I've played Skyrim for 233 hours total. I have so many complaints about the game I could write a well-written essay about it. Even with mods, I can't seem to get back into it. Story, characters, combat, all fall flat on its face, the dragons aren't even menacing, and Skyrim's strongest point is being a hiking simulator. And that's just scratching the surface.

noseklig

Oh come on. Skyrim is really not that bad.

I agree that it is not that bad but it could have been made better. I mean they took away the class and skill system from the previous games entirely.

LizardonX

Banned
Well in Morrowind it takes a lot of planning and careful leveling to get the best character you can be, in Skyrim it's generally just pick up and play and you'll all reach the same point at the end. Both has its merits.