• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ElderShipping Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

So 1991
This thread is dedicated to the to the pairing of Delia Ketchum (Ash's mom) and Professer Oak, also known as Eldershipping. The purpose of this thread is to discuss all things related to this pairing including sharing links such as fanart and fanfics related to the pairing. (be sure to keep it safe for younger posters and give credit to the creator though.)

Why Eldershipping? Both characters are single and live alone and seem to spend an awful lot of time together. It doesn't seem too strange that they could be romantically involved currently or potentially be so in the future.

Rules: All Serebii.Net rules apply as do the rules for the Shippers Community Forum.
Serebii.Net Forum Rules:
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=364266
Shippers Community Forum Rules:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=348062

Topics: I will add a list of topics as they come up to this list. Feel free to create your own as long as they fit within forum guidelines. (see the rules for this forum)

How do you feel about Eldershipping?- this seems to be a good topic to start with. Do you support Eldershipping? Whatever your answer be sure to provide a good explanation.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I love Eldershipping! Although, like most Eldershippers, I don't think that Oak is related to Ash.

It's always struck me as strange that in Japanese, Oak calls her "Satoshi's mother" even when he's addressing her directly. Because we know they're at *least* good friends...

Zazie

So 1991
I don't think Oak is Ash's son either. Mostly because I would think something that important would at least be hinted at. Even so it is an interesting idea regardless of whether it is true or not.

To answer the question on what I feel about eldershipping. I support it. It may seem a little strange at first but after seeing Professor Oak and Delia together enough times it starts to make sense. They do make a good couple despite the age difference. I also like it for the potential implications. I find the idea of Ash possibly becoming Gary's uncle to be a little humourous.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I figured you support it given that you made a thread for it.

But yeah, they have excellent chemistry and already are very close.

Rebeccag

Yeah im an eldershipper as well even though the hints seem to have dried up between them which kinda sucks *cries*
loved how prof oak came to cheer both Gary and Ash at the tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.