• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electabuzz (and evos) Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowHat

The Anticool
Aw, I was gonna get it 2day, but my friggin local walmart didn't have it, so I have to wait till tommorow. I hope I'm getting it tommorow, anyways, or I'll have to order it online and wait a week. >=(

Villi

Shimama!
Too many guitar heroes coming out at once for me. I want Aerosmith, but I think I'll have to settle with the DS game. I'm not buying both.

Also, on Serebii it says if you get 999 Pokemon in your Pokemon Ranch, you can get a Mew. I'm totally going for it. It's simple really. I just catch Bidoofs, Starlys, and Shinxs in intervals of 90. I'm already up to 522 Pokemon. My only problem is by the end, I'll have to release about half of them, in order to get box space back. Oh well, it'll be worth it for the Mew.

YellowHat

The Anticool
*sigh* I used to have a legit Toys 'R' Us Mew... AND NOW IT'S GONE! :(

I played Guitar Hero: On Tour yesterday (my good friend FLAVOR FLAV' #2 has it) and I can tell you now that you'd be better off getting Aerosmith. It's not that it's a bad game. It's just so short with too few songs, and it hurts your wrist after playing for a bit.
I only have to wait another day or 2 for Aerosmith to come in the mail!!!

Villi

Shimama!
I just got paid 160 bucks for watching some kids for a few days. I can buy both now, if I really want to.

And I'm up to 708 Pokemon on the Ranch.

Edit: You know what. After reading reviews for Aerosmith, I think I'll pass. It seems fine, but I'm not wasting my money on it. I like Aerosmith, but not enough to validate buying a 60 dollar game on it, especially when Guitar Hero World Tour is coming out in October. That buy the way, looks awesome. Its like Rock Band, only it works with the guitar I already have.

Last edited:

YellowHat

The Anticool
Edit: You know what. After reading reviews for Aerosmith, I think I'll pass. It seems fine, but I'm not wasting my money on it. I like Aerosmith, but not enough to validate buying a 60 dollar game on it, especially when Guitar Hero World Tour is coming out in October. That buy the way, looks awesome. Its like Rock Band, only it works with the guitar I already have.

I'm getting that for Christmas, since I plan on getting all three instruments with it. I'm still waiting for Aerosmith, btw. It's supposed to come between tuesday and thursday, which I am very angry about, since I originally thought it'd be here by monday at the latest.

Anyways, here's all the same info I sent out to my fellow band members (I'm in a band, btw. Did I mention that? We suck, look us up on YouTube sometime.) regarding GH: WT. Enjoy.

Here's the wikipedia article, but I just picked the major points to list here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_IV

- New "beginner" difficulty, as well as the normal easy/medium/hard/expert
- drum star power activated by hitting both cymbals
- bass guitar has a 6th note in note track, played by strumming w/o any fret buttons
- highly in-depth character and guitar customization
- old GH controllers can be used
- new guitar controller has 5 buttons similar to RB's solo buttons, to be used to alter sound in-game and in the custom song creator
- custom song studio (in ALL versions) to create and share songs online (PS2 cannot share custom songs)

- Wii drums/guitar become wireless with Wiimote slots similar to GH3

- mic is wired
- Slash and Tom Morello battles return, as well as POSSIBLE rumored characters...
- rumored battles/playable characters include:
Ozzy Osburne
Ted Nugent
Sting
Jimi Hendrix
Zakk Wylde
Hayley Williams (of Paramore)
Many of the songs in this list are merely rumors, so don't get too excited. Curtesy of the same wikipedia article from the other message I sent.

In Guitar Hero: World Tour, you play through career modes for whatever instrument you like, though it is different from the past. As you progress, you'll encounther gigs, which offer you a choice of songs to play. You don't have to beat all the songs in the list to progress.
GH: WT will have the largest number of songs thus far, with an even mix of 80s, 90s, classic, and new songs. With the exception of the PS2, there will also be several downloadable songs for each system.

Bands/Songs:

Van Halen
The Eagles
Linkin Park
Dream Theater
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Police
Jimi Hendrix
The Doors
The Smashing Pumpkins
Korn
System of a Down
Ozzy Osburne
Interpol
Muse
Joe Satriani (song will be either "Surfing With the Alien" or "Satch Boogie")
Tool (3 rumored songs are "Schism", "Parabola", and "Vicarious")

"Never Too Late"- The Answer
"Santeria"- Sublime
"Everlong"- Foo Fighters
"Rebel Yell"- Billy Idol
"Are You Gonna Go My Way"- Lenny Kravitz
"Dammit"- Blink 182
"One Armed Scissor"- At The Drive In
"I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing"- Aerosmith

wolfy

I've read that article, so I pretty much new that, but still...
This game is gonna be friggin' awesome...
10x better than rock band so far...
Plaus, the touch pad on the new guitar looks awesome...

BTW YH, is the band you're speaking of Ultra Towell? Cuz I saw you're videos once, and you're a Rock Band band right?

YellowHat

The Anticool
No, not anymore. We're now a real band.
We've got a YouTube channel, if you'd like to look at our very first video EVER. We suck out loud! Whoo!
To be honest, I'm barely just starting out on guitar, the same for CJ on bass, and Jesse on drums. So we're not gonna be good anytime soon, just so you know.

wolfy

Alright, well I'll go check you guys out...

I'm gettin' ready to start taking Bass Lessons here soon...
And I've pretty much got a band roster already made if I start one, but I've been offered the position as Bassist in a very well known local band, and I haven't even started learning....
I know the lead guitarist, and he hates their bassist, and says I'm probably better than that guy right now...

Charizard The Great

The Great One
Just happened to stumble across this!

Massive fan of electric Pokemon, and my fave electric family is indeed the Electabuzz one! Electabuzz and Electivire are among my fave Pokemon.

So yeah, I would like to join this club. My fave Pokemon is Charizard but I wouldn't mind having Electivire as my sprite on this occasion. Thanks.

YellowHat

The Anticool
Welcome! You sound like my kinda guy. Welcome to the club, and I'll add you to the list.

My teacher took the summer off, so I've been in need of lessons. I'm thinking about doing them online, which is what our bassist is planning to do. But I'd really like some private lessons, if I can find a teacher that isn't a loser.

Sorry that ive been gone guys, busy playing brawel for like a week xD

Hiya new member!

Charizard The Great

The Great One
Cheers YellowHat. Appreciated. You seem an intelligent guy. Also thanks to Dragodynamite too.

Have ordered a couple of Pokemon games off eBay that I have lost in the alst couple of years (Red and Sapphire versions). Reason why is I am planning to start a new game on each and every one of the GB/GBC/GBA/GBA SP/DS/DS Lite Pokemon games (not including Ranger, you should know what I mean). Have pre-planned what Pokemon will be in my parties - suffice to say, on Red version, Electabuzz will be in it! He will also be in my Fire Red team. Electivire will be in my Diamond line-up, and probably Platinum one too. On G/S/C I'm hoping to get an Elekid egg on at least one of the games but, if not, that's alright.

wolfy

Welcome new member...
You seem like a pretty cool guy...
And that's a pretty interesting thing you're doing with all those games...

YellowHat

The Anticool
I would really like to have enough money for a GBA:SP, so I could do the same thing. I've got an old GBA, but it's a piece of crap, and has no backlight for that matter. I've never owned an SP, or a Micro. A Micro might be cool.
I sold my old Yellow and Gold versions, so the only "old" game I've got is Crystal. I want to find Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver versions on Ebay, maybe not all of them, but a few at least. It'd make me feel better after losing my Diamond version.

Charizard The Great

The Great One
Cheers wolfy. I'm defo a cool dude ;)

YellowHat - you can get SP's quite cheap off eBay I think (I'm getting one off Play.com myself, the games off eBay). I've already got one so am only buying one to trade etc. as well as a special link cable so I can trade between the first two gens on my SP. I'm gonna catch 'em all! :D

I've got an old GBA, but it's a piece of crap,
Amen to that! Mine doesnt een go to the left... So I have to use my game boy color on pokemon Crystal/ Gold/ DK land etc. -.-

Still I have 2 DS's x_x

Villi

Shimama!
Wow, I feel incredibly well off right now. I have a working Game Boy color, a working Game Boy Advance, and share my little sister's Gameboy SP and Gameboy Micro (the latter is sort of odd. Its so small, that I have a hard time seeing things on the screen.)

Not to mention we each have a DS. Also, I still have my Blue, 2 Yellows, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, and Emerald games. They all still work fine, except Gold which can't save anymore.

Villi

Shimama!
Wow, I feel incredibly well off right now. I have a working Game Boy color, a working Game Boy Advance, and share my little sister's Gameboy SP and Gameboy Micro (the latter is sort of odd. Its so small, that I have a hard time seeing things on the screen.)

Not to mention we each have a DS. Also, I still have my Blue, 2 Yellows, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, and Emerald games. They all still work fine, except Gold which can't save anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.