• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They also had some wacky strobe effects in the orginal Star Trek series. Like when they destroyed the planet killer in "The Doom's Day Machine".

I guess they somehow hit the spot for causing seizures. Also, another to consider is the numbers of people watching. If you have millions watching there is a possibility that several hundred are suspectable to the strobe effect. I know that all strobe light boxes warn that the strobe effect can cause siezures.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, it wasn't just the flashing lights, but also the combination of blue and red that contributed to causing all the seizures. Since blue and red are at opposite ends of the spectrum, flashing them so quickly like that basically overloads the brain.o_O

Heracross

Custom User Title
I don't quite understand your question. If you mean why did I post it, it's because there was a conversation earlier about Porygon having a WTP appearance. If you mean how did I get that image, I know a good site that has stuff like that.

Heracross said:
I don't quite understand your question. If you mean why did I post it, it's because there was a conversation earlier about Porygon having a WTP appearance. If you mean how did I get that image, I know a good site that has stuff like that.

i know there was if you check who started it. you will find that it was me and i did mean how did you get the image. but anyway it must be a cool site.

S

ShadowSneasal

I also heard that Rachel Lillis(Voice of Misty,Jessie,etc.) vowed she would never dub the episode. Wierd. It was in one of those anime magazines.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, I've seen it, and it's a pretty good episode actually. It was really original and imaginative. It's such a shame three of the four banned episodes came from Kanto because those were truly the best of the series. If they just banned a couple random Hoen episodes I honestly wouldn't care. =P

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Can I just say that this episode is hilarious?

Honestly, with all the down-to-earth plots we've had in the Hoenn region, seeing something as outré bizarre as this episode is a nice breath of weird air. First off, Akihibara-Hakase is one of the funniest one-shots in the first season (you gotta love the voice acting, for one). And for an early episode, this one is very well animated, especially the sequence where Satoshi, Takeshi, Pikachu, and Kasumi are beamed into the computer - I thought Kasumi banging on the side of the transport tube begging to be let out as the beam slowly absorbs her was a nice horror movie-esque touch. And furthermore, this episode proves that Musashi, Kojiru, and Nyasu will go to ridiculous lengths to be evil, no matter how dippy they really are (and Megumi Hayashibara's performance in this episode further proves my point that she's "The Japanese June Foray").

You know, I can see why the flashing was such a big problem now. I know people who think that the episode could easily be aired in America if 4Kids just altered the explosions. Well, it's not just the explosions - the entire background flashes for no apparent reason at several points. Personally, I felt no ill effects other than a little eye strain, but if it's such a big concern, then I can certainly understand why this episode got blacklisted like it did. Of course, I still don't think it's any reason to give Porygon2 the shaft in the Johto region, but...what are you gonna do?

Still, even if it never comes to America (and it won't), I've at least got it on my computer...

SecretMew

I`ve saw this episode too... No side effects, there was a document what told about someone who was interested on knowing what caused the effect, he went to the TV Tokyo and there they showed the flashing scene at computers monitor, it had the "Highest" quality on it, the clip was little sized and didn`t show as it could in tv, but the flashing speed was same...

P

PokeFan4Ever7783

I never saw the whole episode but I did see the part that caused the seizures it was pretty intense and I was only watching it on a computer screen. and yeah in the beginning of the series Pikachu's electric shocks are a little much. I've heard several myths as to what happened with the flashing in this episode but I have yet to verify one that is true. They are much more toned down now then before. It's not funny but it is now they have to warn the kids of sitting in a well lit room and not too close to the T.V. Now we have T.V. warnings what's next?

poke_girl

The Amazing
How are we ment to discus it if it's never been shown? >_>;

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
poke_girl said:
How are we ment to discus it if it's never been shown? >_>;

It was shown once in Japan, and there are several bootleg copies making the rounds on the Internet (undubbed, of course). So those lucky enough to have seen it can contribute more in-depth conversation.

megakevinexe

Ultimate Animator
Porygon was awesome! I like how he can change his shape. But where I got the episode, it stopped working... I wanted to find out what the situation is. unfinished file? Courrpted file? But still, I liked seeing Porygon and Porygon Zero(fake one by team rocket) fight each other. (Still, tell me what's wrong, please!)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I would have been quite young and uninterested in pokemon at this time (since the dub hadn't cropped up yet)- was there much international news about this disaster (ie. was it in UK or USA news)?

megakevinexe

Ultimate Animator
This episode was cool and action-packed! However, when I checked out the flashing scenes, I've noticed that more colors flashed than red and blue. The scenes also flashed purple, orange, and gray. Those colors were bound to bring seizures. Still, I enjoyed this episode. I guess when it was dangerous watching it on TV, it's probably more safer to watch on computer, I guess.

Team Rocket Admin

Can anyone post a link so I can see the episode? I've never seen it. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see Porygon again, and we'll never see Porygon 2.