• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

M

Munchlax_eater13

also some facts too.

1)Nintendo got slapped with the blame after this episode caused the seizures.

2)this episode set guinis book of world records for most convulsions caused by animated show

3)The seizures caused from this episode were used by the Simpsons in the episode "30 Minutes Over Tokyo.

and last, There was originally going to be a New Year's Eve Episode of Pokemon. It was never shown, not even in Japan! Electric Hero Porygon caused this.

also I have seen the screenshots too I would imagine how bright it is!

Munchlax_eater13 said:
3)The seizures caused from this episode were used by the Simpsons in the episode "30 Minutes Over Tokyo.
Also in South Park >> I just thought i'd add.

I've seen the scene on the 'net, but Computer quality =/= TV quality so whoever says "I saw it on the internet and I didn't feel anything" thats because its different on a TV >_>;

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
YAY!! The seizure episode!

Munchlax eater: Actually the seizures weren't 'used' in the show. They created a completely different cartoon and used it to poke fun at the fact that a Japanese cartoon caused seizures because there have been other shows to cause seizures, not just Pokemon.

M

Munchlax_eater13

oh yeah

Oh yeah I have also seen the seizures on sonic underground ep "virtual danger"
it did'nt effect me though and I think its the same as the porygon ep.

EDIT:
porygon was never on the "poke rap"
well acually he was on the poke-rap in the indigo saga.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larvitar

I hope this isn't breaking the rules:

You can watch the entire episode on youtube.com (search porygon and scroll down a bit - it's in two parts). - And even with english subtitles! Really great!!

It really is a great episode - really original! The red and blue lights are pretty intense, so I wouldn't recommend you seeing it - if you absolutely will, then go back a little from the screen or close your eyes a bit when they're coming (and they come A LOT in part two!).
I do understand why those kids got seizure - but it is a really, really great and unique episode! One of my best, in my opinion!

Kabuto

little punks!
The seizure scene only hurt my eyes a little, but then again, the screen was small and probably edited. There really were alot of unnecessary flashing lights in this episode. Other then the seizure incident, the episode was fantastic.

- The PC was given the biggest role in the entire series, and we were introduced to a cool computerized world.

- Porygon was given some cool abilites, like the fight with Porygon Zero (Tr's Porygon).

- Liked the finale, when the missle went through the portal and blew the mansion to smitherines!

megakevinexe

Ultimate Animator
The seizure scene only hurt my eyes a little, but then again, the screen was small and probably edited. There really were alot of unnecessary flashing lights in this episode. Other then the seizure incident, the episode was fantastic.

- The PC was given the biggest role in the entire series, and we were introduced to a cool computerized world.

- Porygon was given some cool abilites, like the fight with Porygon Zero (Tr's Porygon).

- Liked the finale, when the missle went through the portal and blew the mansion to smitherines!
Same here! The seizure part when Pikachu blows up the missles hurt my eyes a little bit!

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!

Ditto.I don't see why this episode had to be banned all together. I would have just replaced the flashing with a bright light, maybe put a warning before the episode.

Porygon's Conversion was very cool. And how he keprt changing into different weapons (Spear, sheild, hammer) was also pretty neat. Too bad we will never see him in the anime again, because he has some real potential.

Lord Ike

Ditto.I don't see why this episode had to be banned all together. I would have just replaced the flashing with a bright light,

Exactly it would have een so easy! But now with such a differance in coloration they can't do it. Sigh. Either way I loved this episode I loved seeing Porygon in action!

SuperShadow

Just saw eppy. on Youtube. It was a great episode that showed off Conversion. To bad we won't get to see Conversion 2.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Yay! I saw this over the summer, and the episode was so entertaining. Too bad the episode will never be dubbed anywhere else and the shame of the flashing lights did to the kids in Japan.

But too bad they never made another Porygon episode, not even Porygon2. Its a shame how this episode so good won't be seen many people, and why Pokemon anime series was so good at back of the day.

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
Well they didn't ban Porygon, they just banned the episode for the flashing lights.
Really? I had heard Porygon was banned as well. For one, he hasn't really been back in the anime (a couple of cameos, but only a few seconds worth). Maybe it was just an assumption I heard.

PokeDouglas

Marshtomp Trainer
Wait a minute, what happened with this episode? I've heard something flashing lights in this episode, but what happened? Why'd it get banned?

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
i really want 2 c this!

dror

heard about this episode alot i saw it once but i was afraid at the scenes wit hthe red and blue so i just covered my eyes i didnt wanna take any risks although i sat not close to the computer and with my lights on in my room anyways i think porygon is an intresting pokemon that we dont know much about and they are stupid if they do not show him or porygon2 for that one episode and dont tell me bullsh*t about it will bring bad memories come on give me a break and i bet you that porygonZ will have the same fate as porygon2 it will never be shown as well
one last thing if anyone got this episode on his computer and can transfer it to me so i can see it too please PM me i had it but its gone now after i got a new computer anyways guys your on your way to the pokemon league? you dont even have badges the guard wont let you in! j/k i love this gary quote from pokemon RBGY

Cuddles

Lol watched this episode on YouTube out of curiosity.

No, it didn't give me a seizure, but yes, the sudden flashing lights did make me
stare at the computer and I kind of had a slight headache for a few seconds.
But that was all.