• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

Shiny Espeon0429

Just finished watching it and yeh, its a good episode.
Don't you have to epilepsy to be badly affected by this, though?
However, what were the guys thinking when they had the blue and red flashing lights? It wasn't just at the end, there were plenty of times before it when the flashing was WAY too intense.

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
Apparently this episode took Pokemon off the air for a few months.

4Kids enjoyed editing and censoring other Pokemon episodes, so why can't they edit out the red-and-blue flashes in this one? In fact, why did the Japanese place a worldwide ban on the episode instead of editing it to be less seizure-inducing?

It makes even less sense that they banned Porygon. I honestly don't see why they shouldn't put Porygon in another episode.

storywrit3r

Coordinator <3
I wish this episode aired in the U.S., just not with the part that gave all those kids seizures. I know that parents wouldn't be happy about it, but it shouldn't be a problem if that part is taken out. They took part out of the episodes with Jame's having fake boobs.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I've never seen this episode, i can understand why they stopped airing it, but i would have thought that the producers could have looked into any potential problems before they put the episode out.

Lightey

this ep lead to proygon never being a "who's that pokemon" and porygon was never on the "poke rap" and porygon2 was not a "who's that pokemon"!

Porygon IS in fact in Pokerap.

schrik

hysterical fan
They should have aired it, censuring the seizure scene. I think we could understand the story without all these flashé

Icefiyre

Banned
I've seen this episode and I still think it's special in its own way.
Overall the story is good because of how they introduce porygon into the show but because of what had happened (dun dun duuun), I don't think anyone will ever get the chance to see this episode ever again. Oh wait...

The only reason i dont like this ep is because of the seazures and that they not only banned the ep but porygon, porygon2, and they think porygon-z r never going to be in the anime.(and it was pikachu's fault)

Rex Kamex

For some reason, I'm starting to get the feeling that if this episode aired today instead of years ago (assuming that it'd be even possible for them to make an episode that would air like this today), it would've been censored after the first airing and not banned.

Araleon said:
TV-Tokyo/Pokemon USA, please let him come back!

PUSA can't do anything about it...

Lightey said:
Porygon IS in fact in Pokerap.

And I could've sworn Porygon had an eyecatch in one American episode. (Although I don't remember which episode it was- I think it would've been an Orange Island episode- and it would've been years ago when I would've seen him. No one go looking for this episode for that eyecatch.)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
While this episode came around in the series, it got me a bit confused with all the episodes around #38 to get swapped with their broadcast airdates.

I wouldve enjoyed seeing this episode dubbed. It can work perfectly, when Maddie did say they'd slow down the flashes. That's good then. :)

How can you have seen it if not on the premier? I thought that part of the lawsuit settlement was that all copies be destroyed. Anyway, I am shocked they made Porygon Z after all this. It was too late for Porygon2 because it was already set to be a Johto pokemon and there were relatively few of those already; but if I were one of the creators I would have stopped it at that so as not to dig up any more sour memories of the incident.

timelordpokemon

A Rare Type Pokemon
it is THE MOST AWESOME EPISODE EVER!!! in fact it is one of my favourite episodes i did infact get a headache from watching it but that was only because i was watching in the dark in bed.

timelordpokemon

A Rare Type Pokemon
it is THE MOST AWESOME EPISODE EVER!!! in fact it is one of my favourite episodes i did infact get a headache from watching it but that was only because i was watching in the dark in bed.

timelordpokemon

A Rare Type Pokemon

Nebbio

NINJA!
Yeah, saw the seizure things in the Pokemon World Guide.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Finally watched it, though I was afraid of the fast colored-frames that caused the whole ban issue in Japan. The episode was actually really good to tell the truth. The whole cyber-space thing was something new to the anime and it made this episode so much more enjoyable. The banned episodes are some of the best ones around and this one had action with missiles and computer viruses and all that good stuff. I'm just upset that this one never saw the light of day in the U.S. 9/10.

Last edited: