• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I was not afraid to watch this episode, i had no problem.

and the episode itself wasn't so good, it was fine, i loved to see Porygon.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
It should be noted this ep. was dubbed

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It should be noted this ep. was dubbed

Yeah according to Maddie. Though it still didn't air in the US due to a Worldwide Ban placed by Japan.

Why make a porygon evolution chain if they are not going to show it in the anime

Porygan and it's evolutionary line still appears in games, comic books, et cetera. The anime isn't the only place where they could appear :/

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I didn't watch this episode but I saw the pictures, will this count as I review the banned episodes?

Anyways I did not see Pikachu using an attack in this episode but probably missed it since I don't think every shot is taken right? And I guess I can kinda see why it might get seizures but why didn't they just edit it for crying out loud. This episode look pretty good and even from the shots had some funny scenes in it, aleast this one had more of a reason then Dratini/Beauty episode had.

The 3D RoBot

................!
I actually saw the seizure part on youtube. After the flashing lights, I started feeling weird.
I guess it has affect on everyone.

saar

Shiny Flygon
I saw the episode a few times ago, I think the Porygon ep was very good. I haven't mentioned that it's the first time I heard Bulbasaur's voice in Japanese Lol... And I didn't like it
Most of the episode was good, I really loved how things developed until things worked out late with Porygon.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I saw this episode for the first time today. I normally am not bothered by flashing lights at all, but this one actually gave me a slight headache. Overall, it was a decent episode and I liked Porygon.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
This episode had no effect on my health whatsoever. For me it was an awesome episode with a killer light show thrown in. Porygon forever.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Stuff like this happens when kids like to put their faces to close to the damn screen. But when your a few feet way, it wouldn't really bother anybody.

BKG201

I would love to the a dubbed version even though it will never happen
I find it unfair that Porygon is never seen again.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I watched this episode a few months ago, but I must say I actually really really enjoyed it. It sucks that the seizure incident happened :( This was very unique episode...(I didn't stare directly at the flashing lights, but when I looked at it I didn't have any headaches or anything) Ironically my computer crashed from viruses a few days later :(

G50

No longer posting
I was able to see this whole episode, and actually the real original version with the controversial lights that actually did cause kids to go to the hospital. This was the 1 and only Japanese episode that I got to see live on tv. Unfortunately it just had to be this 1... I have epilepsy so I was 1 of those affected.

The episode itself I actually did like, it was cool seeing Porygon for the 1st and only time.

48/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I was able to see this whole episode, and actually the real original version with the controversial lights that actually did cause kids to go to the hospital. This was the 1 and only Japanese episode that I got to see live on tv. Unfortunately it just had to be this 1... I have epilepsy so I was 1 of those affected.

Woah, really? That must have been scary. o_O

I saw this episode on the computer some time ago, and I had a little anxiety about watching it at first, even though I knew that watching the flashing lights on a computer screen wouldn't be as bad as watching them on TV.

But I watched the episode with no problems. My sister watched it with me and was perfectly fine, and she has a rare form of epilepsy.

Even though I can't understand Japanese, I thought this was a pretty good episode. I love hearing Meowth's Japanese voice, it's so funny. :p

Calamity™

aka Lamia
This episode was really bright..... I don't know if it was just bad quality from the video I found online, but there seemed to be bright lights pretty much every couple of seconds. I also think that this episode was just a bit unusual in general. I now think Porygon is very weird. The only thing I liked about this episode was Team Rocket's evil but short scheme.

This was a very weird episode... This is the only Kanto episode that did not enjoy me. I never saw it on TV because of the ban... I saw it on the Internet for the first time, years ago. I don't have epilepsy and I wasn't afraid to watch it. The only problem with it is the fact that it was quite boring. 4/10.

7threst

It may be embarrassing to say that I didn't hear about this episode nor the seizure incident until four years after it aired from a conversation with a friend of mine. I just watched the episode and it was - concept-wise - nicely done. I did read somewhere that they did made a English version of this episode and minimized the effects of that infamous scene. Wish they just released that somewhere on the internet without attracting much attention, but oh well.