• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Electric Soldier Porygon!

On their travels, Ash & Co. meet a Nurse Joy who is having trouble with the Pokémon Transportation system. Ash & Co. Volunteer to help and go into the system with Porygon, however Team Rocket follow them...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Chris

Old Coot
Porygon can change its shape, type and size as it pleases. That would be its Conversion move. The episode never made it out of Japan at all since the Japanese put a world-wide ban on the episode.

M

magicpizzadust

I know, I've always wondered what we've missed in these episodes that they never will show in the USA.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Tell me what idiot thought that flashing effect was a great idea. I don't why they couldn't just edit that stuff out, replace it with explosions or one flash. Oh well, this is the largest black mark on Pokemon and they'll live it down.

F

Factory Head Noland

During the beginning of Pokemon, Pikachu's Thundershock attack used to be really flashy but they toned that down. They should have just toned down all the flashing to start off with then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
Tell me what idiot thought that flashing effect was a great idea. I don't why they couldn't just edit that stuff out, replace it with explosions or one flash. Oh well, this is the largest black mark on Pokemon and they'll live it down.
If you had seen the episode, you'd have seen that the entire episode was too bright and flashy. If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you a link with crystal clear screenshots that I've taken from the entire episode. The only reason every recognizes the explosion scene as the worst was because the flashing strobe lights were going off for about seven seconds while everything else lasted about two or three. Japan banned it after it aired and no one was allowed to touch it since.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
EliteTrainerRaven said:
If you had seen the episode, you'd have seen that the entire episode was too bright and flashy. If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you a link with crystal clear screenshots that I've taken from the entire episode. The only reason every recognizes the explosion scene as the worst was because the flashing strobe lights were going off for about seven seconds while everything else lasted about two or three. Japan banned it after it aired and no one was allowed to touch it since.

Let me guess, they were trying to spoof Tron.

Chris

Old Coot
I wouldn't say they were trying to, but the way they made the inside of a computer world was rather interesting and did somewhat share similarities. :p

D

Dom Jordan

About Pory's size...... pressumably the people would shrink when inside the system? So Porygon isn't really as big as it seems.

I'd loved to have seen this ep. Too bad really.

(btw Serebii good idea with the seperate ep-specific subforums. Very nifty idea).

B

Blue,Too?

they could have remade this episode without all the flash. Just like they could have made an edited version of the Dratini and Beauty contest episodes. I really don't understand why they just couldn't edit it. :(

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I've made availible the actual clip which caused the seizures, I've haven't actually opened it yet but if don't notice me around on these boards in the next couple of days then you'll know where I'll most likely be :D

Achamo-chan

Lurker Lady
I actually have a fansub of this ep, but the place I got it from isn't working. It's a great episode, it has lots of funny moments, and it's too bad it got banned.

Chris

Old Coot
Oi..

1) Porygon's Conversion allows it to change shape, size, and type.
2) They CANNOT edit the episode if the Japanese government won't allow it to be aired ANYWHERE around the world. The episode is not just banned in one location. NO ONE can see it officialy. They cannot edit it if they don't have it. And the Dratini episode was never edited since it never aired. They dubbed the episode, but it was never aired.
3) You CAN watch the clip and episode on your comp. It's safe. It was bad watching it on the TV. Most versions of the clip are in Real Player quality, making it terrible beyond words to be able to view it properly. And the computer screen isn't anywhere as bad as a TV screen flashing.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I am not surprised that this episode is worldwide banned, but it would be nice to see it (without the seizure-inducing scenes). What annoys me is Porygon and Porygon2 may never appear. Then again, there aren't many situations for them to appear in. I think the next Tracey or Gary based episode (that we won't see) should feature these two.

pika_power

Normal Coordinator
well if I remember correctly in the pikachu short in moive 3 there was a porigon popingg up but it doesnt do that much

Edit:did it get misty? oh I am a fog trainer*whips fog* get bach to whereever you came from.

monkeyspoon5

Orange Champion
Yes I wish there had been a porygin2 episode, they probably didn't do it BECAUSE if the bad rep from this episode...

P

poke07

Well theres no doubt in my that this episode is destroyed since it will never air again. Remember that episdoe cause seizures through almost 800 kids in japan.