• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electric Soldier Porygon! (038)

Chris

Old Coot
And remember that Jynx is banned in the dub. Rujuura (Jynx in Japan) remains in the original version. They're not showing Jynx in the dub due to her skin staying black. Main reason we haven't seen Porygon 2 is because Prof. Akihabara's the only person we've seen with two Porygon. If Pory 2 were introduced, he'd have to be reintroduced along with his two Porygon, which could cause disasterous memories.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, but couldn't they just have some random other trainer with a Porygon/ Porygon 2? Unless there's a reason why he's the only one to have them or something.

Chris

Old Coot
So far, he's the only technological genius the anime's ever introduced. It only makes sense to have the Porygon with him. Pretty sure he has the ability to create Porygon considering the way his entire mansion was set up.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Oh, that makes sense. It is rather weird that he's the only person to have them though. I mean there must be a way they exist besides being created by him, or else what was that one doing floating around in an alley?

Amadeus Windfall

Gespenst KIIIICK!
I think maybe some important person (Oak, perhaps?) could've been given the code to make a Porygon, and did. He could just say a friend gave him the code, and there, no problems with callbacks or memories and such.

Chris

Old Coot
Highly doubt it since Oak isn't a technical genius whereas Akihabara was the one who designed the whole transport system. Makes more logical sense that he would create Porygon.

Chris

Old Coot
We'll probably never find out anything more than what we saw in the Porygon episode. But seeing as how it was able to exist outside the computer and Akihabara said that the Rocket Gang took his other Porygon and went into the computer system, I would assume it can.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Not to mention when it had a cameo in the little movie introduction it was floating around in an alley nowhere near a transporter or any kind of computer. And even at the end of the episode, when the Porygon were back outside the computer world, the transport machine and all the other computers and such were completely destroyed, meaning that they don't have to depend on them to exist.

B

Blaziken's Emberz

So this is the episode that caused the epileptic seizures. It's sad that Japan did that. If the TV-Tokyo knew what they were watching, they should've done some editing, or some deletion of those flashing lights!

Oh well, Pokémon learned from that mistake!

: PMD :

~*Aurora Wish*~

I QUIT THIS FORUM!!!
Wait, will we ever see Porygon again?

this ep lead to proygon never being a "who's that pokemon" and porygon was never on the "poke rap" and porygon2 was not a "who's that pokemon"!

Chris

Old Coot
Actually Porygon DID have a WTP. Although I cannot remember for the life of me which episode it was in. The voice was not the same as the Japanese version and it sounded like a digital voice that said "Porygon."

Edward Elric said:
Actually Porygon DID have a WTP. Although I cannot remember for the life of me which episode it was in. The voice was not the same as the Japanese version and it sounded like a digital voice that said "Porygon."

oh! i don't remember that and i have seen every kanto and johto eps. i want to see this ep so badly. it was only showed once has any one atualy seen this ep. (because some peopke live japan or might have seen it on holiday to japan)

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They also had a dub voice becuase it said "Porygon" not "Polygon".

Now I understand banning this episode due to the fact it's a health hazard. However, I don't see why they couldn't have an episode with Porygon(2). As long as they don't have that blasted strobe effect, it wouldn't be a problem. (I hope the moron who came up with that effect was sacked. They have forever blacklisted two of the best Pokemon ever.)

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
It wasn't the first time the strobe light effect was used, most viewers will recall that some of the earlier episodes used it to a certain extent. Pikachu's Thundershock during "Showdown in Pewter City" was certainly bright. It was just after that they used different techniques to display electric attacks.

If they're holding Porygon2 back because of what happen in this episode, it's fair to say they're stupid.