• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electric Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
Since the club's been pretty inactive, I'll start a new topic.

What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

Title says it all. Pikachu can Fly, surf and now even move at lightning-fast speeds!(pun intended). Does Pikachu really deserve all the attention Gamefreak's giving it?

Personally I think Gamefreak ought to give better promotions. Pikachu is still not very usable even after all the add-ons it's got. Maybe Gamefreak should make extremespeed an egg move so that you can use it with Volt-tackle. Then it would be pretty good.

Well, I'm not too bothered about events since I'm not good with that wifi stuff and I usually can't get an event Pokemon without an AR. Plus, Pikachu is one of my least favorite Pokemon of all time, not stat wise or design wise... I just hate it.

Nobody ever really uses Pikachu anymore anyway. Though according to the UK's Pokemon World magazine of September (I think) 2009, Pikachu is the second most popular Pokemon, after Arceus.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Username:Shayminlover123
Why do you want to join this Club:Eletricity is my 3rd favorite type
Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and have a move of my own!
Who am I?
:pikachu.

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!

Not a big fan of Pikachu (Go Raichu!), I've always loved Pikachu in the anime because it was different from any other Pikachu but ones you catch in the wild.. BLEH. I love its design, I find it really cute but its not that strong.. otherwise you might wanna evolve it to Raichu xD

Greatemboar

The White Warrior

Not a big fan of Pikachu (Go Raichu!), I've always loved Pikachu in the anime because it was different from any other Pikachu but ones you catch in the wild.. BLEH. I love its design, I find it really cute but its not that strong.. otherwise you might wanna evolve it to Raichu xD

You can't always get Raichu right away since if you evolve Pikachu too quickly it doesn't learn some attacks.
And there are too many Pikachu promotions there should be more Magikarp that have water gun or Zekrom with Volt tackle

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Well, according to the Smogon's analysis, Pikachu with a light ball has offensive Stats akin to those of Rayquaza. Don't know if he's exaggerating, but Pikachu could still be an effective Revenge Killer with Fake Out and Extremespeed. Volt Tackle packs quite a punch too.

Looking at NU's top threats, Pikachu with Volt Tackle and Extremespeed could probably take out most of them. I don't see why it couldn't go to RU, if it indeed does have Rayquaza-like stats.

Not really. It's just wayyyy too frail. It's not like you can spam Fake Out anyways. Pikachu's main downfall is its crap bulk. 35/30/40 is terrible, and 90 base speed is far from the best attack stats. As for Extremespeed, it's illegal with Lightningrod. Also, Volt Tackle is kind of horrible for Pikachu, since it'll just kill itself faster.

Username:Shayminlover123
Why do you want to join this Club:Eletricity is my 3rd favorite type
Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and have a move of my own!
Who am I?
:pikachu.

Accepted!!

Create a Move...?

Shine Shot
PP: 5/Power: 10/ Accuracy: -(always hits)/Category: Special/Target: (choose, any target on field)
Flavor Text: The use shoots a weak, albeit blinding ball of electricity at the Target. Causes the Target's moves to fail completely for three turns.
creator's notes Really, for Double Battles to incapacitate a threat and then immediately lock it in with Mean Look to prevent damage. Still useless against Ground Types though.
Distribution: Ampharos, Chinchou, Lanturn, Lumineon (anything else hat emits a lot of light?) (can be given to Pikachu, Bronzor (yeah...), Munna, Whismur, Carvanha through Breeding)

I was away too long. How many moves can we send in?

One only. And wow, I've lost count. Anyways, I'm going to set the submission deadline to 7th April. So shoot in any moves you'd like for people that didn't make one yet!

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
What is your favourite electric type move?

Thunder, because the animations of this move are usually cool.

[img139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c0/Thunder_III.png[/img139]

I like Zap Cannon and Magnet Rise as well.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Thunderbolt for its reliability, but other than that, I really like how Charge Beam just makes your pokemon moer and more dangerous

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Volt Switch for obvious reasons

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!
Four one-liners in a row? Wow, I know Im not a MOD here but I don't want this club to close down because of loads of one-liners. Just buff it up a little with the posts, if you haven't seen the announcement posted by Sweet May that was ages ago about one-liners, click here.

Anyhow, we probably have enough people to start a tournament.. I'm sure it'll be fun. Eh, I'm not much of a competitive pokemon battler but maybe I'll enter it some other time when I have a full team and such. So yeah..

-------------------------------------------------------

Current Topics;
- What is your favourite electric type move?
- What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

New Topics;
- Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?
- Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?
- First impression on electric-type pokemon?

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
@Fluffy: You are right, you're not a forum or a club MOD, so don't act like one. By the way, my previous post had three lines and a picture, it was more than enough.

@Topics:

Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?

All-out Attack.

Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?

- Flaaffy/Eelektross
- Manectric
- Luxray
- Galvantula
- Raichu
- Zapdos

First impression on electric-type pokemon?

My first impression with a Electric-type Pokémon, Pikachu, wasn't that great :/ I started to truly like the type some months ago, although I like Raichu since the 90's.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
What's your battle strategy while using electric type pokemon?

It varies according to the pokemon I use, though it's usually hit hard, hit fast. Which is why volt switch +choice scarf/ specs is so good.

Electric types you would use if you were region champion

Thundurus-T (though it's a legendary), Rotom-W, Eelektross, Magnezone, Jolteon, Luxray.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Volt Switch for obvious reasons

I'm late on this one. Please expand on your reason. One-liners are bad, but this is unacceptable. First off, I'm sure us or anyone here are mind-readers. So please expand on your 'obvious reasons'. Thanks.

When are we starting the club tournament?
I do believe we have at least enough people for it.

I have to count the number of members and update accordingly. I say when we hit about 15~ will do? Well, meh :3

Four one-liners in a row? Wow, I know Im not a MOD here but I don't want this club to close down because of loads of one-liners. Just buff it up a little with the posts, if you haven't seen the announcement posted by Sweet May that was ages ago about one-liners, click here.

Anyhow, we probably have enough people to start a tournament.. I'm sure it'll be fun. Eh, I'm not much of a competitive pokemon battler but maybe I'll enter it some other time when I have a full team and such. So yeah..

-------------------------------------------------------

Current Topics;
- What is your favourite electric type move?
- What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

New Topics;
- Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?
- Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?
- First impression on electric-type pokemon?

Thanks Fluffy. Although I'd very much like to say that people shouldn't minimod, there aren't many mods in this club. Only me and dirkac. Dirkac rarely posts so I'll have to confer with him. I'm a bit busy. I'll admit that it's my fault for not pointing out the one-liners.

Also, guys, I've been letting one-liners go because the club is still in its infant stage. However, I'll be stricter now. I don't need huge blocks of text like the Fan Fiction Club, but you could at least explain a bit. Refer to below for what IS and what IS NOT a one-liner.

What is your favourite type combination?
ONE LINER: Electric/Water. Awesome. [X]
NON-ONE LINER: Electric/Water. I love this typing, it's just so awesome. Water & Electric combined together are pretty good combination. A Water/Electric usually guarantees a BoltBeam combo. It also has only 2 weaknesses, with ground being the one water can handle. [V]

Anyways, let's go back to the topics. Btw guys, please avoid making lists. I'll let it slide pass this one time.

It's usually a fast, speedy attacker. Electric types are definitely not known for their bulks, and most are better off with high speed sweeping anyways. VoltTurn is also a pretty nice strategy that capitals the 'fast, speedy' attacker status electric type holds.

Lanturn: After all, it's my signature Pokemon!
Rotom-Mow: Rotom-Mow has a really nifty ground immunity, and goes well along with Lanturn.
Ampharos: Ampharos is going to be the bulky pivot for this team. It's arguably one of the bulkiest electric Pokemon and can tank/support while dishing out good damage.
Magnezone: I love Magnezone, too. It also comes in handy to trap steels.
Jolteon: My speedy attacker here. It can just Volt Switch out or beat everything in its path!
Galvantula: Ugh, terrifying. It's a really good Pokemon. Compoundeyes + Thunder = 91% accuracy with a 30% chance to paralyse. *screams*

Greatemboar

The White Warrior
My battle strategy with electric types: I make use of paralysis with thunder wave and If need be I use a volt switch or Volt tackle.

Electric types I would use as a regional Champion:

Electivire: A mix attacker that can deal with those Gliscor
Emolga: Acrobatics all I need to say
Pikachu/Raichu: F.E.A.R me
Lanturn: Surf and Thunder
Magnezone: Trap those Steel types and spam an attack
Luxray: Wild charge and fire fang

My first impression on electric types: They were quite useful handy for those water type gyms and Gyarados
Electross: Immune to gorund attacks with Levitate and can use Dragon claw

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I have to count the number of members and update accordingly. I say when we hit about 15~ will do? Well, meh :3

We have reached 15+ members. Anyway, if there is a tournament, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Instead of using mono-electric type teams, I think it should be 4 or 3 electric types in a team. Or else everyone's probably going to Have to run HP ground to damage other electric types. Electric types aren't really famous for their movepools, so I think we should have a few other type pokemon too.

Besides (lame quote alert) A true electric type master must not only know how to use electric types effectively, but also deal with the threats to an electric type Pokemon.

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!
Anywho, getting back to the discussion..

I usually start off with trying to paralyse them with Thunderwave or however and count on luck to prevent them from hitting me so I can spam some moves on them. If all else fails, I'll just use speed to save me, ikr.. crappy strategy.

Luxray, Ampharos, Raichu, Jolteon, Lanturn and Magenezone.. seems legit xD

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
We have reached 15+ members. Anyway, if there is a tournament, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Instead of using mono-electric type teams, I think it should be 4 or 3 electric types in a team. Or else everyone's probably going to Have to run HP ground to damage other electric types. Electric types aren't really famous for their movepools, so I think we should have a few other type pokemon too.

Besides (lame quote alert) A true electric type master must not only know how to use electric types effectively, but also deal with the threats to an electric type Pokemon.

Oh, haha. Silly leader. :p

I'm going to change the deadline for move submission to this Thursday, then I can get the Tournament ball kicking on Friday signup.

So anyways, I'm going to be sending a VM to those who has yet to submit a move. Here are all the moves as of now.

OceanicLanturn - Neon Shock
Fluffyy - Bolt Rush
Greatemboar - Dos Bolt
T-Bolt - Overload
Poke's4Ever - Pristine Beam
marioluigifan05 - Super Charge
dirkac- Shine Shock

That's 7/19. I'm going to PM those that has yet to make a move yet. Bleh, coming your way is Lanturn sending a threatening PM.

RzK

Meow
Here it is.
Lightning Strike [ELECTRIC]
PP:5 / Power: 170 / Accuracy:75/ Category:Special/ Target: Single foe
Flavour Text: A flash of lightning from the sky electrocutes the opponent. It has a 5% chance to OHKO the opponent.
Distribution: Jolteon, Luxray, Raichu, Thundurus, Zapdos, Zekrom, Raikou, Electivire, Dragonite, Hydreigon and Metagross.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Here it is.
Shock pulse [ELECTRIC]
PP:5 / Power: 90 / Accuracy:100/ Category:Special/ Target: Single foe
Flavour Text: A powerful pulse of electricity is fired at the foe. it has a 10% chance to paralyse the opponent.
Distribution: all fully evolved electric type pokemon and Registeel, metagross, bronzong, klinklang and Genesect.

Status
Not open for further replies.