• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electronic Music Club!

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
You’ve probably heard of Chaka’s two biggest hits before. She is best known for being the original singer of I’m Every Woman and her cover of Prince’s I Feel For You but Rufus was the name of the band she was lead vocals for before going solo. Ain’t Nobody was one of their final singles together and it was a big hit in 83. You must listen to it now!

This is one of Chaka’s best known songs and it has been sampled by other artists numerous times.
yoooo that’s c a t c h y

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
So, let's talk about something. Why do you like electronic music? What makes it special? Do you see it as the best type of music or just one of many great types of music?

Teravolt

So, let's talk about something. Why do you like electronic music? What makes it special? Do you see it as the best type of music or just one of many great types of music?
I mainly like it because most of it doesn’t have lyrics. I like instrumental music because you don’t get bogged down into the meaning of the song that the songwriter chose, and that most lyrics are about sex and/or romance. I specifically enjoy electronic music because most of what I listen to is very complex and danceable. It takes my mind off of the difficult things going on in my life. Clearly, electronic music is the greatest music out there, but I also listen to rock music. And jazz.

pacman000

The first electronic instrument, the Theremin, being played by its inventor, Leon Theremin:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like synthesizers because they can be programmed to make all sorts of interesting sounds and at the same time make said sounds seem unearthly. I also like how synthesizers can replicate uncommon and rarer musical instrument sounds without you paying a lot for a viola de gambola or a full size pipe organ.

Teravolt

here’s my playlists if you all wanna look at them; i update them daily. if you don’t have Apple Music, you can still screenshot the tracklists and listen to the songs on other platforms.
untitled playlist goes with my Avery and Allister stories
#00 goes with my Unova story

Teravolt

This is a good song, go listen to it:

pacman000

Free 80’s-style synth music:

pacman000

An early synthesizer, which used rolls of punched paper, like a player piano:

Another example from the same machine, I think: