• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Electronic Music Club!

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Teravolt

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Ok! Quick question: Can we post YouTube videos? I think there used to be a forum-wide rule against doing so, but I'm not sure if that's changed.

Anyways, the first thing I think of when I hear the term “electronic music” is the song Popcorn! Here’s a fan site for the song: https://popcorn-song.com/

Last edited:

Teravolt

Ok! Quick question: Can we post YouTube videos? I think there used to be a forum-wide rule against doing so, but I'm not sure if that's changed.

Anyways, the first thing I think of when I hear the term “electronic music” is the song Popcorn! Here’s a fan site for the song: https://popcorn-song.com/
My dad loves that song!

Teravolt

I use bandcamp or SoundCloud.

pacman000

Trivia: the first song sung by a computer was “Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two)“ in 1961.

Teravolt

pacman000

Here is the original version of Popcorn, by Gershon Kingsley. Re-read the rules this week; YouTube is not specifically banned, but illegal copies are. This version was licensed to YouTube, because Google has that much power/influence.

This is slightly different from HotButter's more famous version.

pacman000

The Elephant Never Forgets by Jean Jacques Perrey. Licensed to YouTube by Universal Music Group.

If I remember right this was used as the theme for an obscure kids' anime from the mid-70's, Polon the Star Child.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The only electronic music I listen to is from the 80s. Particularly synth new wave. Here is one hidden gem I’ve discovered recently.

Teravolt

The only electronic music I listen to is from the 80s. Particularly synth new wave. Here is one hidden gem I’ve discovered recently.

Synthwave is an amazing subgenre. I highly recommend Waveshaper and anything from FiXT records. It’s like 80s music but a thousand times better (no offense to 80s music).

pacman000

Axel F

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group

Axel F · Harold Faltermeyer

Harold F

℗ A Geffen Records Release; ℗ 1984 UMG Recordings, Inc.

Released on: 1988-01-01

Producer, Associated Performer, Synthesizer, Programmer: Harold Faltermeyer
Composer: Harold Faltermeyer

Captain Jigglypuff

Does Ain’t Nobody by Chaka Khan and Rufus count as electronic music? All of the instruments used were synthesizers. Same for Yaz(oo)’s Situation.

Teravolt

Does Ain’t Nobody by Chaka Khan and Rufus count as electronic music? All of the instruments used were synthesizers. Same for Yaz(oo)’s Situation.
I guess so. Never heard them.

Teravolt

pacman000

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group

Four,Three,Two,One · Jean Jacques Perrey

Amazing Electronic Pop Sound Of Jean Jacques Perrey

℗ 2006 Vanguard Records, a Welk Music Group Company

Released on: 2006-01-01

Composer Lyricist: Eileen Davies
Composer Lyricist: Pat Prilly

Auto-generated by YouTube.

Captain Jigglypuff

I guess so. Never heard them.
You’ve probably heard of Chaka’s two biggest hits before. She is best known for being the original singer of I’m Every Woman and her cover of Prince’s I Feel For You but Rufus was the name of the band she was lead vocals for before going solo. Ain’t Nobody was one of their final singles together and it was a big hit in 83. You must listen to it now!

This is one of Chaka’s best known songs and it has been sampled by other artists numerous times.