• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elemental Quest Version 3

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
E.Q. 3

Rules:

*Put your character’s name at the top of your post, and your inventory (backpack) at the bottom.
*No bunnying unless your teammates stop posting for over a week. Additionally you may choose to go off on your own.
*Post at least 6 sentences, though it’s preferable that you post at least 8
*Keep track of what items are currently in your bag, AND make sure they all fit
*Use common sense, especially if your chii device can mix chii, the result must make sense… fire and water make steam, earth and water make mud, wind and earth make a dust devil, ect…

Quest Assignments:
(Since we had two more sign-ups then two three-person teams, I put us in teams of four and tried to make the team roughly equal in power. LSU read the note below.)

Travel through the forests to the burning land where nothing grows, across the burning sand there stands the ancient temple of fire. Within dwell fire chii of the hottest form, brilliantly white, bring back one of these to the town square.
(BirdsandBoats) Mint, Fairy Priestess
(Onyx Tanuki) Jei, Orc Warrior [Bodyguard]
(RileyX) Silk, Vampire Sorcerer
(darkpkmn fan1) Jed, Werewolf Hunter

Follow the western forest out to the sea, there you will find a despicable port of merchants, sailors, and criminals. Here seek out the sailor woman named Jovlyn, she will take you across sea to the Island of Mangroves where you shall collect a bushel of fruit from the poisonous Pixie Thorn Tree which rest at the center of the island.
(VampirateMace) Dimmy, Half-Vampire Noble
(/Exiled/) Noren Ironrend, Human Wizard
(Charmed Band-o) Kaya, Half-Vampire Entertainer
(Scar) Dante, Human/Elf Warrior

___

Late Sign-ups (LSU) will be accepted, but you will have to wait until a full team of 3 players (including yourself) have signed-up before you will be given your quest and permission to start.
___

Okay then,
Let’s Get Started:

Dimmy Nightshade ~ half-vampire

Dimmy had awoken that morning not to a servants wake-up call, but rather to his father. It took him a moment to remember that this was the day of the quest assigning. His father had, a couple weeks ago when he’d turned 13, woken him and presented him with the ancient talisman of their family line. It was a large red gem set in gold on a gold chain. Within its blood red crystal dwelled the spirits of their deceased ancestors from an ancient line of nosferatu (blood-sucking vampires). And Dimmy had noticed that if it is not to noise in the area he could hear the spirits conversing. His father only woke him on days when something important was about to happen, today was no exception.

Dimmy held down the pages of his book as his family’s carriage went over a bump. He looked up to check how far away from the town square they were, still a ways yet. He resumed reading, he’d already read this chapter six times, but the words on the pages still hardly made sense. He just couldn’t get his mind around this decay magic thing he was supposed to be able to do. He shut the book and inhaled deeply. Holding his hand out in front of him Dimmy attempted to concentrate his aura into it. Nothing happened, he couldn’t see any change nor could he feel any. Maybe I wouldn’t be able to feel or see it, he thought. He pulled a sheet of paper out of his bag with the other hand. If this worked he’d be able to decompose the paper. He changed which hand held the paper and concentrated on decomposing it. Nothing happened. Dimmy was a little disappointed, but he was used to this result.

He looked out of the carriage; they were now very close to the square. Dimmy stuffed his book and paper back into his pack. He took out his cologne and gave himself an extra dash just in case. He wanted to make a good impression on whoever he was teamed up with. He checked his hair as best he could with his hands, he didn’t have a mirror. His father didn’t much like mirrors and had forbid them in their manor. He quickly scanned his clothes for lint and dust then put on his bag so he’d be ready to go. The carriage clanked to a stop. He exited in the graceful and elegant nature his parents had taught him. Dimmy nodded to the driver who snapped the horses’ reigns and drove off. Then he strolled calmly towards the center of the square where the other 13-16 year olds and the town elders had gathered.

When Dimmy finally made it through the crowd to the elders he was handed a rough bit of vellum (animal skin used as paper, as wood based paper is scarce), on it was written the following quest;

Follow the western forest out to the sea, there you will find a despicable port of merchants, sailors, and criminals. Here seek out the sailor woman named Jovlyn, she will take you across sea to the Island of Mangroves where you shall collect a bushel of fruit from the poisonous Pixie Thorn Tree which rest at the center of the island.

Also, your companions on this mission shall be;
Wizard Noren Ironrend
Entertainer Kaya
Warrior Dante

Dimmy looked around, he wasn’t sure what his companions would look like, but he was sure they couldn’t be too hard to find. There weren’t that many quest aged people in the square so they had to be here somewhere. He spotted a boy who looked like they might be a wizard, and decided to go see if they were Noren. Walking up to the boy he said, “Hello there, my name’s Dimnahpir Nightshade, I was wondering if you might be Noren.”

*Inventory/Backpack*
Book of Decay Magic (new)
Canteen, water (full)
Stationary tied with twine (about 10 pages blank paper)
Quill (new, unused)
Glass jar of ink (full)
Glass bottle of cologne (nearly full)

[I am sending Jei the Orc Bodyguard (Onyx Tanuki) with Priestess Mint (BirdsandBoats), because I feel this is the most appropriate solution since no one claimed him as their bodyguard. The Monks would have hired him to protect their future priestess and insure she achieves adulthood.]

Last edited:

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Kaya~1/2 vampire

The entertainer's wagon was still dark inside as it rattled and bumped into town. I sat just beyond the inside, so my legs were hanging out, exposed to the wind. I held my piccolo tightly against my chest as we hit some bumps, then resumed my practice, despite the supernatural thirst burning my throat. My fingers floated gracefully over the keys, my mind elsewhere, but the notes continued to flow out.

The misfit caravan stopped in the town, and looping my sack around my arm, I hopped off. I turned my back on the misfits in the wagon as they rode away, they'd never really been my friends. Just travelling companions. I prefered to play alone. More rewards that way. I headed through the busy town watching all of the people. I was considerably shorter and dirtier than most of them, except for all the little kids who ran screaming between people's legs.

I came upon a group of elders and children, all gathered around in the square. I was fairly sure this was where I was meant to be.
"Excuse me?" I asked one particularly well, elderly elder, "Could you tell me..." I trailed off when it was obvious he wasn't listening, "EXCUSE ME!" I yelled and he turned.

"Yes?" He asked, eyeing me.

"Entertainer Kaya at your service. Could I have my quest now?" I asked, allowing a bit of acid to leak into my voice. He handed me the vellum, which stated:

Wizard Noren Ironrend
Noble Dimnahpir Nightshade
Warrior Dante

I sighed. "Sounds like a party," I muttered and headed out to find my group. The problem was that I had no idea what they looked like. I could see two boys, one heading towards the other. One looked somewhat rich, the other looked like a wizard. A wizard... I headed towards them, curious as to who they were.

The one boy had started speaking as I headed over, and I caught his sentance, “Hello there, my name’s Dimnahpir Nightshade, I was wondering if you might be Noren.”

"Dimnahpir?" I stated blandly, trying to keep the slight laughter at his name out of my voice, "Well that's a funny name,"

*Backpack Inventory*
Piccolo (awesome)
Dried carrots (7)
Water
Candles (8)
Scarf
Vellum, 1 peice, with writing (new)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
*Dimmy ~ Half-Vampire*

Dimmy sneered, some lowlife had to the audacity to make fun of his name. He turned to the girl, and getting her scent suddenly realized she was also half-vampire, but she still wasn’t like him, she was covered in dirt and her clothes were worn-out. He sighed; she had to be a gypsy. He wrinkled his nose as he addressed her, “I don’t suppose you’re Kaya? Well, I’ll have you know, my name is both traditional and meaningful. But I suppose I shouldn’t expect commoners to know the history of names…” He let himself trail off, perhaps he was being unnecessarily rude, she’d been rude, but what should he expect of her class? He unconsciously looked down at the ground as he pondered this, he didn’t feel as excited about working as a team anymore. He wondered if he’d actually have enough in common with his teammates to get along, he didn’t want to have to go off on his own. He didn’t get along so well with others, but he’d really hoped to make some friends today. He knew he picked up some of his father’s elitism, but it took moments like this for him to really realize it. He looked back up at the others, wondering how they’d respond…

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, water (full)
Quill (new, unused)
Glass jar of ink (full)
Vellum Quest notes

Scar

Hadouken!
Dante~ Half-Elf/Half-Human Warrior

Though it certainly was a most momentous occasion, Dante had spent the past couple of hours training like he would have on any other day. Up at the crack of dawn as always, he’d wasted no time in bettering himself as a swordsman, even if whatever progress he made that morning was practically microscopic in the grand scheme of things. In fact, having been so caught up in the monotony of his daily training sessions, the fact that it he was supposed to have a quest assigned to him that particular day had almost slipped Dante’s mind. However, it all came flooding back to the young Warrior when his Master came to him holding sheathed in his hands what was undoubtedly the most beautifully crafted katana he’d ever seen. True, it was basic, but there was a certain majesty in its simplicity. Dante immediately identified it as Slayer- a blessed sword given to the Monk by his own master in decades past. He accepted it both graciously and respectfully, bidding his master a fond farewell before leaving for his destination.

Shortly thereafter, Dante was making his way toward the town square on foot with the katana sheathed and strapped to his back. However, he found himself unable to keep from taking just one more look at it before actually going about wielding it in combat. Keeping a steady pace, the Warrior grabbed a hold of the grip and unsheathed the weapon, watching the sunlight reflect off of the elegant blade. Also reflected in the cold steel of the katana were Dante’s emerald eyes, calm and confident as usual. He smiled to himself, deeply honored to have been gifted with such a coveted weapon as Slayer; indeed, he knew very well the supernatural properties of his new katana. Dante swung it gracefully through the air before sheathing it once again. Despite the qualities it possessed, Dante had a feeling he would be making better use of his swordsmanship instead of overusing the flashy magical capabilities granted by his weapon, but of course he was somewhat eager to have such powers at his fingertips if need-be.

He snapped out of his session of deep thought with what seemed like perfect timing. He was drawing ever closer to the town square and the countless citizens standing anxiously around it. Dante stopped for a moment to stretch out his muscles and let out an almost relaxed yawn. Perhaps he should’ve considered getting more sleep the previous night after all. Still, he supposed, it would only have been wasting a perfectly good opportunity to practice his swordsmanship. Besides, it was absolutely nothing he couldn’t shake off given about thirty seconds on the battlefield. An easygoing yet confident smile still to be found on his face, Dante nonchalantly closed the distance between himself and the other teenagers who had gathered along with the village’s elders in hopes of receiving their assigned quest.

It took a little while for him to reach the front of the crowd, but he didn’t really mind the wait. If nothing else, it gave him a moment or two to reflect. When at last he stood before the elders, one of them handed him a piece of vellum. Casually glancing down at it, Dante mentally went over what was written.

Wizard Noren Ironrend
Noble Dimnahpir Nightshade
Entertainer Kaya

“Oh goodie…a noble…Won’t this be fun…” Dante muttered to himself with a sigh. Still, it should be pretty fun to hang out with an Entertainer. They tend to be pretty interesting characters, to say the least.

Besides, the least he could do was to give the noble a chance. Refusal to do so would simply be cruel of him, however unpleasant his experiences with them had been thus far (especially those particularly devoted to their religious beliefs). Regardless, he had to find his companions before he could forge any sort of relationship with them. Fortunately, it wasn’t long at all before Dante came across a trio of conversing travelers who appeared to fit the limited description written for him on the piece of vellum. In retrospect, they probably should have come up with a better method than “Hand them a piece of vellum and hope they find the right people.” But that aside, this was no time to nitpick.

"Dimnahpir? Well that's a funny name." Dante heard one of them say. The recipient of the comment quickly identified himself as the group’s noble by responding with “I don’t suppose you’re Kaya? Well, I’ll have you know, my name is both traditional and meaningful. But I suppose I shouldn’t expect commoners to know the history of names…” The Warrior barely managed to stifle his laugh. This Dimnahpir was acting exactly as Dante suspected he would. Presumably, they heard him snickering behind them, but just in case they didn’t, Dante decided to make his presence known.

“No offense, my particularly-arrogant friend, but she has a point.” Dante interjected sardonically, indiscreetly smiling in the Entertainer’s direction. “You can use whatever philosophical symbolism you want; Dimnahpir is still a funny name. But I suppose I shouldn’t expect nobles to know a hilariously laughable name when they see one, especially if it’s their own.”

*Inventory/Backpack*
Slayer (Katana and Chii Device)
Canteen, Water (full)
Peaches (3)
Apples (5)
Black Cloak
Vellum Quest Notes

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
*Dimmy ~ Half-Vampire Noble*
(Good Idea scar, our class should go here too)

Dimmy felt ready to cry, this was why he hated people so much. It didn’t matter what class or race they were, they were always willing to gang up and tease him. He managed to hold back from crying though, it would be even worse if they got the impression that he was weak or overly sensitive. Maybe he should just ignore it and insist on getting someone’s name? He turned and looked over the warrior hoping his eyes weren’t too watery from holding back his tears.

Then he spoke trying to keep his tone polite, “Well, you haven’t told us your name yet, I don’t suppose you going to make a proper introduction and divulge that information to us?”

A cold breeze blew through the square, causing several people to shudder. Dimmy glanced away allowing his hand to come up and grasp his talisman, it was too loud here to hear the whispering, but he was sure the voices of his ancestors were going at it. It was a nervous looking motion, and a soon as he realized it he dropped his hand back down and looked back to the group. Were these the people he was going to have to work with?

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, water (full)
Quill (new, unused)
Glass jar of ink (full)
Vellum Quest notes

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Kaya- Half-vampire entertainer

“I don’t suppose you’re Kaya? Well, I’ll have you know, my name is both traditional and meaningful. But I suppose I shouldn’t expect commoners to know the history of names…” Dimmy trailed off, looking at me for a second and then down at the ground. Normally, this sort of comment would have bounced right off of me, but the traditional and meaningful hit me a little. History of names, whatever could he mean? I wondered if he was trying to imply something... However, being an entertainer, I'm not exactly the smartest, and I will be the first to admit that.

“No offense, my particularly-arrogant friend, but she has a point.” A newcomer interjected sardonically, indiscreetly smiling in the my direction. I winked back at him as he continued, “You can use whatever philosophical symbolism you want; Dimnahpir is still a funny name. But I suppose I shouldn’t expect nobles to know a hilariously laughable name when they see one, especially if it’s their own.” I snorted, despite myself, trying to keep it quiet. Dimnahpir looked a little bit on the watery side. As the name turned over in my head, something hit me. It wasn't possible that he was a-- no, it couldn't be. I shook the idea out of my head, it was preposterous!

Dimnahpir spoke again, jolting me out of my mental argument, his tone polite, yet strained, “Well, you haven’t told us your name yet, I don’t suppose you going to make a proper introduction and divulge that information to us?”

"Kaya," I stated simply as I reached into my bag, pulling out my picc once more. It was obvious he didn't wish to speak to me anymore, so, whatever. I figured as long as we got along eventually, I'd be fine. I fiddled a bit with the keys before divulging into a slow, melodic tone, my fingers flowing gracefully over the keys again. This was going to be a long trip.

*BAG*
Piccolo (being played)
Dried carrots (7)
Water Canteen (full)
Candles (8)
Scarf

Scar

Hadouken!
OOC: Glad I could help.

IC: Dante~ Half-Elf/Half-Human Warrior

Dante couldn't help but notice the look of genuine distress in Dimnahpir's eyes. In truth, it appeared as though he were ready to cry, though he certainly made every attempt to prevent himself from doing so. The Warrior could see the effort this noble was putting into keeping the tears back. This took him by surprise, to say the least. Admittedly, Dante was expecting an equally coldhearted and remorseless response from one who walked among the upper class. A truly arrogant noble would have scoffed at his remarks, too caught up in their own pride to even consider that a commoner had depressed them. Having been caught off-guard by the remnants of tears to be found in his eyes, Dante took a moment to prepare a reply. He was the proud owner of a sarcastic wit, to be sure, but not at all cold or without sympathy. That said, he most certainly felt a bit guitly for having dealt such a harsh blow to Dimnahpir's ego. Though it was true that Dante had no intention of letting him make fun of someone for their class, he had a feeling that he was only acting as such out of fear or...something to that effect. Dante wasn't much of a psychologist, in any case, but he at least knew enough to look a bit deeper than the surface.

"I didn't mean to offend, if that's what you were thinking. I just don't particularly like it when a noble mocks another based solely on their social class. If you must, then expect the same in return." Dante said at last in as formal a tone as possible, though someone trained to listen for sarcasm would realize that he was simply trying to mock the overly-formal speech used in most introductions; a parody of sorts, one might say. "Anyway, my name is Dante. According to this piece of Vellum, I'm supposed to be looking for a Dimnahpir, anyway. I dunno much about the culture of vampires, but for some reason, doubt that there's another Dimnahpir in the immediate vicinity, so...I think it's safe to say that I'll be among your traveling companions on this little epic quest of ours, huh?" He explained. "And this lovely young lady...the Entertainer Kaya, I think you said?" He asked playfully, glancing over Dimnahpir's shoulder and smiling nonchalantly. "And here I was worrying that this journey would be disappointing."

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, Water (full)
Peaches (3)
Apples (5)
Black Cloak
Vellum Quest Notes

OOC2: And...it seems I posted JUST after Band-o, effectively rendering my own reply complete nonsense. Would you all be so kind as to overlook any inaccuracies caused by my inability to post quickly? I tried editting it, but there might've been something I missed.

Last edited:

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Jei ~ Orc Warrior [Bodyguard]

A burly shape carefully crept through the fallen leaves, producing a gentle crunching sound with each step. Crimson dots shifted left and right beneath his brow, peering through branches, behind trees, past rocks. The orc normally was a docile man, but right now was different. Jei was being hunted.

A snap caught his attention, and he whipped around, only to see nothing behind him. Then a flurry of moving foliage made him spin on his heel again, and a small shadow darted just out of his peripheral vision. His hunter was getting close. Too close. Despite the cool air of this small forest, sweat was already forming on his brow. Another twig being stepped on made him look behind him again, once again just missing his assailant. There was only one choice now; if he didn't run, he'd be caught. Turning on his heel, the hulking man began to speed through the wood, but just as he passed by a tree, he felt something slam into his side, knocking him down. He struggled against the attacker, but soon let out a scream as fingers dug deep into his abdomen.

"Give up, Daddy?"

Jei laid there writhing as the tiny blonde half-orc tickled his belly relentlessly. "Gyaaaa!!! Heheh!! O-okay!!! Okay, I give! Heheheh!!!" As he admitted defeat in their game of Hunter and Hart, the orc's little girl's hands left his stomach and wrapped behind her defeated father's neck in a warm embrace. "You will make a wonderful hunter someday, Tikka."

Under this veil of happiness, however, both father and daughter felt an all-too-familiar sadness, knowing that by tomorrow, the two would be separated from each other. Tonight, Jei would deliver the light of his life to his elderly parents, and come morning, he would be gone on his mission. But such was the life of a mercenary.

-------------------------------------------

"Mother? Father?" he called - though not too loud - to his parents as he drew open the creaky wooden door of their abode. It was a dusty, run-down shack, especially compared to the grand manor that he and Tikka shared, but it was the place where he was born, and his parents were proud of it. Besides, it had a quality that his estate lacked: warmth.

"Oh, hello-"

"Shhh..." Jei whispered, looking down at the pink-clad form held in his arms. "She fell asleep on the way here. Can you take her to my old room, mother?"

"Of course, dear." The elderly orcess, dressed in the leather tunic of a huntress and black hair tied in a bun, carefully took Tikka from her son's arms and crossed the dirt floor to the room Jei had once slept in.

"Come on, son, take a load off," another orc called. His facial features and build made it quite obvious that he was Jei's father, but where the younger orc's hair was as silver silk, his dad's was like white cotton. "Tell me, what kind of mission do you have this time?" he asked, leaning back in his chair and kicking his feet up onto the table.

Before Jei was able to begin, his mom came back out from the little bedroom. "She's fast asleep, the little angel." She betrayed her gentle nature, however, as she kicked her husband's legs, knocking him off the chair. "How many times must I tell you, Tsumaki... don't put your feet on the table!?"

The older male got up slowly, dusting off his leather breeches and adjusting the cotton vest that lay over his tough skin. "Sorry, hon."

"Oh, Jei, we have just enough stew left for you. Would you like it?"

Of course, who wouldn't turn down her famous stew? Not only was the woman a good hunter, but she was also an wonderful cook. It was a welcome change from the plain food he was barely capable of preparing. "Thank you, mother. But could you put it into a canteen for me?" He looked back to his dad, who was just now getting back onto his chair. "Where was I?"

"Your mission?"

"Oh, right." Jei sighed and leaned forward onto the table, leaning his chest onto his crossed arms. "I've been hired by a local monastery to protect a priestess-in-training on her adulthood trial. I believe we'll be accompanied by two others, but I know nothing about them. The girl is a faerie who goes by Mint."

"An adulthood trial, eh?" his father said, scratching his chin. "Do you think it'll be anything like yours?"

"Who knows?" Jei leaned back, his arms still folded over his chest. "My trial was a pretty simple matter of collecting some rare crystals up north. But that was years ago. Things could have gotten more difficult for kids these days. I'd be surprised if Tikka won't have to slay some dragon or something when she's ready."

His mother placed the canteen on the table in front of him and laid her hand gently on his shoulder. "Yes, well, you've a long time before that happens. Does she know what she wants to be?"

"Heheh... actually, I think she's interested in being a warrior like me. She make a great huntress, but she's adamant about it." With a sigh, the orc stood and placed the canteen into his satchel. "I'd best go soon. I'm expected to meet my charge by sun-up at town square, and I'll never make it if I don't leave now."

"Oh, take this too," his father said before lifting a small lantern from the wall, a fire chii flickering inside as its magical light glowed from within. "It's my old Chii device. It only works with fire chii, though, and that one's only got enough life left for about one night's travel. Please, take it."

"Dad... thanks." Hugs were exchanged between the two males, then from son to mother. "I'll take care of it, and return it to you when I get back. Please, take good care of Tikka for me..."

"We will," Jei's mom answered. "And come home soon..."

It was always an orcish tradition that nobody say goodbye. After all, "goodbye" meant that one would never see the other again. And Jei knew that he would see his parents and daughter again, so without another word, the warrior orc slung his pack over his shoulder and stepped into the evening, the dissolving fire chii in the lantern guiding the way.

He would come back.

Inventory

- Clay jar w/ saki (full)
- Canteen w/ pork stew (full) *NEW*
- Bread (full loaf)
- Earth chii x 3
- Decay chii x 2

Chii Device

- Katana (uninfused)
- Lantern (infuse with Fire chii; 8 hours of use) *NEW*

[I hope it's okay for Jei to be carrying the lantern as an additional chii device. It'd only work with Fire chii, so it'd be pretty much useless once he reaches town square unless someone in his party finds a Fire chii to use with it. If not, I'll just omit it from his inventory.]

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(That’s fine Onyx, as an adult, you should have had time to acquire other chii devices if you’d wished too…)

Things are looking better, thought Dimmy, they seem to be backing off about my name, and the warrior could tell from my name that I’m part vampire so he must have had a decent education. We may even have something in common to talk about. He was worried now about the reaction his nickname would get, you let friends call you by your nickname right? Perhaps he should just keep it to himself anyways even if he wanted to be friends? Dimmy really was a funny name and was sure to get a couple of ‘not too bright’ jokes from Dante.

Dimmy shoved his vellum note into his pack, he found at least 2 of his team members, and there wasn’t much point in keeping it out much longer. They still needed to find the wizard though. He looked at the other two, the gypsy probably just drifted into town, but the warrior had probably been here a while, so it was worth a try, “Dante, do you happen to know Noren? I’m not familiar with a lot of the other teenagers because my mother and father wanted to home school me, but perhaps you have had some schooling with him? It’d be helpful, because that would mean one of us knows what he looks like.”

Dimmy was ready to go now and hoped that they’d all manage to find each other soon. He fiddled with the straps on his bag, he wondered if he could make it hang better or not. Eventually he decided the answer was not and return them to normal.

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, water (full)
Quill (new, unused)
Glass jar of ink (full)
Vellum Quest notes

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical
Noren Ironrend, Human Wizard~

"In the old times of magic... The days of--" Noren's recital was cut short by a shout from outside his bedroom.

"Noren, get up! It's nearly time for the Quests to be handed out!"

The brown haired youth just sighed and got up out of his bed. He then groggily moved over, and started to wash his face in his basin. The truth of the matter was, Noren had been awake for a while. It had been difficult for him to sleep the night before, and who could honestly blame him... Today was the day he'd finally be able to put his powers to the test.

He pulled on his clothes, and walked out of his room. The house is small, but cozy. Located in the woods near the town. Noren quickly left his room, and approached his father in the kitchen. He was cooking a wonderful breakfast. Consisting of ham, eggs, sausage, pancakes, and much much more...

"Hey Noren, big day!" he said cheerfully, putting a plate in front of the youth. Noren was happy to oblige, as he took his seat and started scarfing down the delicious food. It wasn't to long before he smiled, and handed his empty plate to his father. Who in turn just smiled, and took it to be cleaned. The brown haired teen slowly got up from his chair and started for the door.

"Well, dad... I guess it's time to go then..." He stated, almost sadly as he turned his head back. But before he could fully leave, his father beckoned him.

"Wait, son..." Noren looked into his dad's eyes. "Be careful..." He finished.

Noren smiled and grabbed his staff by the door. "I love you dad..." He said as he walked out the door. The walk is a very nice one. A beautiful breeze caressing through the trees... Just altogether pleasant. It wasn't to long before he got to the town square. And by the looks of it, he was among the first to arrive. He approached the elders and received a letter that read

Noble, Dimnaphir
Entertainer Kaya
Warrior Dante
[/I]

Noren sighed and decided to wait for his companions. So he decided to walk over and stand next to a local tavern as he watched the clouds... Though as the minutes passed, he realized he was early. "Guess I'll meditate for a bit..." The wizard stated solemnly. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He concentrated his magic energies to his mind, and through out his body, and started to view things partially through a sixth sense... He wasn't completely sure how much time had gone by, but he thought someone tried to introduce them-self to him.

All of a sudden, he snapped back into reality. Glancing around at all the people, he realized that at least half an hour must have passed. He started to grimace, but then noticed a pale youth with dirty-blond curly hair. And instantly knew that he was a team mate.

So, he approached him and said "sorry about being late... Meditation can make me lose track of time... Oh, and by the way, my name is Noren Ironrend."

Not noticing that through his meditation, his tattoos, and green ring in his eyes started to glow a deep green color...

*Inventory/Backpack*
A book called "Elemental Cycle"
A book called "Tome of Foundation"
A Scrying Glass
Journal, pen, and ink-well
Traveler's Rations (snack like food, hard cheese, jerky, etc..)
Flint and Steel
Canteen of Water

OOC: Sorry about this post quality. I rushed it, as to not make others have to wait as long. Future posts will be of a higher quality

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

Dimmy stared at the wizard in disbelief. He’d heard that wizards and sorcerers were a little odd, but this guy hadn’t even noticed a full conversation which had revolved around him. He decided they were going to have to keep tabs on him if they didn’t want to loose him. Dimmy wanted to reassure him that everything was all right, but he wasn’t sure what to say, “That-that’s alright…” he couldn’t think of anything else, so he decided to introduce himself, “Dimnahpir Nightshade, nice to meet you.”

Dimmy looked at the rest of the group, “well, it looks like we’ve got everyone.” He looked up at the morning sun, his father had told him something about the sun telling the direction. “Rises in the east? Sets in the west?” he asked himself very softly, unaware that he was even talking. He knew they had to go west through the forest to reach the port. He decided to let someone with a little more outdoor knowledge lead the way, and he was pretty sure all of his companions were more knowledge able in this manner. Maybe if his father hadn’t insisted on home schooling him he might have gotten a more rounded education. But with the way his father taught his education had been very business and religion heavy, with a touch of a cutting-edge subject not even taught in school, alchemy. (For anyone who doesn’t know, alchemy is the forerunner for science… specifically chemistry.) His father had also tried to teach him decay magic, but gave it up as a lost cause. Dimmy still tried on his own though, he was fascinated by magic. There was just some trick to it he didn’t get. This line of thought led him to another question, “So, Noren, what element do you specialize in?”

Dimmy though he looked like an earth or plant wizard, but that might not be the case. A fire wizard would be nice to travel with, or maybe a water wizard, they wouldn’t even need to find the sailor woman if that was the case… except that it was specifically stated on the vellum notes.

Dimmy made a fist with is right hand, and tried in vain to produce the slightest bit of decay magic. Lost cause, maybe his father was right.

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, water (full)
Quill (new, unused)
Glass jar of ink (full)
Vellum Quest notes

(*Merry Christmas Everyone, see you after the 25th!*)

Last edited:

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical
Noren Ironrend, Human Wizard~

“So, Noren, what element do you specialize in?” Dimnaphir finally asked him.

Noren thought for a minute, and then was about to speak. But then he caught something in his peripheral vision. His glowing marks... The wizard quickly stopped the glow, and smiled sheepishly before responding, "Well, you can probably already tell what element I specialize in..." And to force his point, he reached down and scooped up a few pebbles off the ground . With little concentration, he made them spin around above his open palm for a moment before falling back to the ground. "My calling is earth magery..." He said solemnly. "Though I have dabbled a little with fire magery, it generally has been to no real avail..." And to force this point, he started an intense concentration. And after a minute, a small flame appeared in his hand. Though it left Noren breathing slightly hard.

Noren remembered back, just a couple years ago... When training out in the world, his father, and grandfather told him that some wizards were able to control more than one element. Elated at this new idea, Noren had spent weeks dabbling with different elements. He had discovered that the only one he could even begin to try and control was fire. Though sadly over the months, he discovered he most likely was not cut out for multiple elemental control. The only thing that his control over fire was good for, was starting camp fires, or lighting candles.

"Oh yes... We were supposed to go out west through the forest?" He asked, pointing in the direction, finally realizing he was lost in his own though. But then, he realized that he might be acting rude. Dimnaphir had asked of his own abilities...

"Oh, sorry, Dimnaphir... What are your abilities?"

*Inventory/Backpack*
A Scrying Glass
Flint and Steel
Canteen of Water

Last edited:

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Kaya- Half Vampire Entertainer

I allowed my hands to continue fluttering over the keys, but I'd stopped actually blowing, trying to figure out the next few lines of the melody until Dimmy spoke once more.

Dimmy looked at the rest of us, “well, it looks like we’ve got everyone.” He looked up at the morning sun,“Rises in the east? Sets in the west?” he asked himself quietly, he probably didn't even know he was saying anything. “So, Noren, what element do you specialize in?”

Noren? I asked myself, who the heck was- then I caught a glimpse of him. I'd been so caught up in my new, slow melody that I hadn't even noticed the human walk over. I sniffed him, yes, he was definately human, I concluded, catching his scent. But he had glowing, green tattoos. Which I found quite bizzarre, but well, being as I was an entertainer, I had seen almost everything.

The wizard extinguished his glowingness seemingly effortlessly, but then again, seemingly was the key word, "Well, you can probably already tell what element I specialize in..." He scooped up a few pebbles from the ground and truly effortlessly floated them around in his hand, then let them fall, "My calling is earth magery..." He said solemnly. "Though I have dabbled a little with fire magery, it generally has been to no real avail..." He concentrated very hard and produced a flame. I goggled at this, never having seen it. Then again, I am not that big of a fan of light. He seemed out of breath however. I sighed, because well, I didn't have any magical powers of any type. So who cares if I could enchant rodents so I could eat them? Especially when you put it that way. I sighed.

"Oh, sorry, Dimnaphir... What are your abilities?" Noren asked, jolting me out of my self-pity fest. I groaned mentally and then this time, began to play the melody out loud. I was actually getting it in the good, minor key I wanted. I kept playing, my fingers flowing over the keys gracefully until I hit a wrong note and muttered under my breath. I blushed for a moment, then continued thinking, hoping I hadn't bothered Dimmy and his abilities, whatever they may be.

~*Le contents de le sac a dos*~
Piccolo (being played)
Dried carrots (7)
Water Canteen (full)
Candles (8)
Scarf

Scar

Hadouken!

"Oh, sorry, Dimnaphir... What are your abilities?"

Dante smirked at this, mentally lamenting over the possibility of Dimnaphir going on for hours about his prestigious and unrivaled abilities, about secrets passed down to him by his ancestral…Dimnaphirs. Still, he had at least shown himself to be more soft-hearted than most nobles, or had at least unintentionally alluded to that fact when he reacted so strongly to Dante’s rather weak taunt. Perhaps he would also be more considerate of the time restraints placed upon them as well as the idea that they might not want to hear every single detail of his life story. Then again, maybe Dante was just being racist. After all, Dimnaphir had, so far, proven much better company than the majority of the upper class itself. Presumably, he kept up the guise of arrogance and self-righteousness because he felt he his fellow nobles expected him to…or something to that effect, anyway. It was that type of situation that made Dante wish he had studied psychology more thoroughly.

Still, he had nothing to contribute to the conversation, anyway, so Dante saw no harm in completely ignoring whatever either one said. After all, he had no supernatural abilities to speak of. His raw skill with the katana had been referred to by many as “inhuman,” of course, though one could easily deduce that he was a swordsman simply by looking at the blade strapped behind his back. He, in other words, didn’t expect anyone would ask about his own abilities given how blatantly obvious it was. However, he did make sure to listen for several “key words,” so to speak. For example, though he only heard Noren speak the words “earth,” “magery,” and “fire,” Dante was able to piece together that Noren was an earth mage who dabbled in fire magic, as well. It had taken years of training his senses, but the payoff was more than worth it. He had, by then, developed the uncanny ability to just not listen yet still remain prepared in the event that he find himself thrust into the conversation without warning.

That being said, distractions- such as music- often prevented Dante from using this skill to its fullest. So, when Kaya began playing her piccolo, he became a bit disoriented. She was, however, quite good. Her fingers moved with both grace and precision over the keys, producing a lovely sound that Dante greatly preferred over the conversation Dimnaphir and Noren were engaged in. Well, that is until she hit a wrong note and abruptly stopped playing, instead muttering to herself under her breath. At this, Dante couldn’t help but chuckle a bit, but it was a good-natured laugh; the kind that is brought on out of playful amusement rather than a desire to belittle someone else. He wasn’t sure why he found it so funny. Perhaps that was just the charisma of an Entertainer. Even so, the least he could do was be supportive. Besides, he thought Kaya seemed quite interesting. Dante had always wanted to get to know an Entertainer, anyway, primarily due to how boring most of the other people in his life were.

“No, no, keep going. I thought you were really good, actually. Besides, I’d rather listen to your eloquent symphony,” he emphasized "eloquent", once more attempting to poke fun at formal speech. “than to those two mages brag about how they can do magic and we can’t.” Dante continued playfully, an easygoing smile to be found on his face.

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, Water (full)
Peaches (3)
Apples (5)
Black Cloak
Vellum Quest Notes

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
*Dimmy Half-Vampire Noble*

Dimmy was silent for a moment, he had to think Noren’s question over. What were his abilities? Other than all the business and religious facts he’d memorized, he never really accomplished anything. He’d been hunting only once, so he didn’t even know if he was good at that. Dimmy furrowed his brow a bit trying to think of anything he was good at.

Dante chuckled as Kaya resumed playing her melodies. She was a fairly good musician, but nevertheless Dimmy found the sound distracting. And then when she paused in distraction Dante started up his sarcastic patter, ““No, no, keep going. I thought you were really good, actually. Besides, I’d rather listen to your eloquent symphony. Than to those two mages brag about how they can do magic and we can’t.” Dante continued playfully, an easygoing smile to be found on his face.

He looked back at Dante, “Actually Dante, I don’t know any magic. My father tried for the longest time to teach me decay magic, but I don’t seem to be able to perform it...” Dimmy pause, he had to say something that he was capable of. He had wished for the longest time that he could perform magic, any magic, no matter how minor. But it was time now to be realistic and assess the situation. So sheepishly he added, “I guess my only real ability is for memorization, it’s one of the few things I’ve had time to practice.” He took a breath, having addresses his and Noren’s abilities it was only proper to address Dante’s and Kaya, “So, then Dante, I assume your apt in combat, but I’ve noticed you also seem to have a sophisticated vocabulary.” He paused to see if Dante had any reply, no matter how sarcastic. If they were going to work together he was going to have to take Dante’s sarcasm.

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, water (full)
Quill (new, unused)
Glass jar of ink (full)
Vellum Quest notes

Scar

Hadouken!

“Actually Dante, I don’t know any magic. My father tried for the longest time to teach me decay magic, but I don’t seem to be able to perform it…” Dimmy interjected, then began frantically searching for something he was actually capable of doing. “I guess my only real ability is for memorization, it’s one of the few things I’ve had time to practice.” He added rather uneasily. “So, then Dante, I assume your apt in combat, but I’ve noticed you also seem to have a sophisticated vocabulary.”

“Hey, combat isn’t everything.” Dante answered reassuringly. “All the raw power in the world is useless without a decent tactician to guide it. Strategy wins wars just as much as strength, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I’ll take care of the dirty work, you supply our group’s brainpower.” He shrugged, moving on to his second comment. “Anyway, I’m not bad in a fight; good enough to receive my master’s most cherished blade, at least. And…wait, sophisticated vocabulary? Really? I haven’t noticed.” Dante answered sincerely. “I just kinda…talk however I see fit. When I want to be formal, I speak formally. When I wanna be casual, I speak casually.”

He seemed a bit depressed over the fact that he couldn’t cast any magical spells. Perhaps his father had placed a bit too much emphasis on the skills Dimmy had to learn rather than the ones he already possessed. In any case, despite lack of experience in the field, Dante could only assume that magic was something not everyone could master. This served as a stark contrast to swordsmanship, which anyone could excel in given the proper training and determination. That was one of the things he disliked about the magical arts. You either had it or you didn’t. Perhaps Dante did have the potential to develop into a great wizard, but then again, perhaps he didn’t. It was of no consequence, in any case. Dante was more than happy with the abilities he’d picked up over the years. Dimmy, however…it must have been deeply troubling to simply not be pleased with his own capabilities and potential. If he came to terms with his own limitations, he probably wouldn’t have any trouble finding a field he excelled in, even if he wanted to find a place for himself on the battlefield.

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, Water (full)
Peaches (3)
Apples (5)
Black Cloak
Vellum Quest Notes

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
~Kaya, half vampire entertainer

NO you idiot, D not Eb! Ug, I have to stop trying to make these melodies up as I go along. I should learn to write music. I thought grumpily. This melody was the most frustrating thing I'd ever self-written. I only had gotten through the intro, verse one, and onto verse two, in theory I hadn't even gotten to the refrain. My problem was memory. I couldn't remember for crap. I sighed sadly.

“No, no, keep going. I thought you were really good, actually. Besides, I’d rather listen to your eloquent symphony,” I looked up, surprised that Dante'd actually been listening. I mean, piccolo is an unnaturally loud, yet beautiful if played correctly, instrument, which was why I'd chosen it over its larger, lower counterpart the flute, but I didn't think any of them were really listening. “than to those two mages brag about how they can do magic and we can’t.” Dante smiled, an easy-going natural smile that made my heart flip in admiration.

I couldn't help but laugh, it had taken me ages to memorize the whole melody, and I'd faltered at the end of what one would call the second verse, and no matter how frustrating it was, his smile just seemed to... erase it. Dimmy began to speak about his abilities, or non-abilities, but my eyes stayed locked on Dante's flattering smile, and I couldn't help but smile back. I must have looked extremely stupid or something. Dante's half-elven scent also intoxicated me, and if he weren't a human and not an animal, he would've gone down right there. However, since I had just fed it wasn't much of an issue, plus something in my human instincts seemed to be stirring...

"Actually Dante, I don’t know any magic. My father tried for the longest time to teach me decay magic, but I don’t seem to be able to perform it...” Dimmy paused, he seemed to be trying to find something that he COULD do right. In this small fact, other than our lineage was the first thing I"d had in common with him, “I guess my only real ability is for memorization, it’s one of the few things I’ve had time to practice.” He took a deep breath than added, “So, then Dante, I assume your apt in combat, but I’ve noticed you also seem to have a sophisticated vocabulary.”

I remained silent as Dante responded, and I curiously wondered to myself the answer to this question. With a scent as good as his, who knew the possibilities.

“Hey, combat isn’t everything.” Dante answered with a reassuring tone. “All the raw power in the world is useless without a decent tactician to guide it. Strategy wins wars just as much as strength, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I’ll take care of the dirty work, you supply our group’s brainpower.” He shrugged, moving on to his second comment. “Anyway, I’m not bad in a fight; good enough to receive my master’s most cherished blade, at least. And…wait, sophisticated vocabulary? Really? I haven’t noticed.” Dante answered, seeming quite sincere. “I just kinda…talk however I see fit. When I want to be formal, I speak formally. When I wanna be casual, I speak casually.” In my opinion both of them were nice.

I laughed, then added in my 2 cents, because Dimmy seemed truly troubled about his abilities, "Memorization is quite the skill actually, dearest Dimmy," I paused for a moment, thinking how to correctly word my response, "If I were as good at memorizing as you probably are, then heck, I'd have this whole song finished by now! Plus, I often forget my other songs.... that's the problem with my abilities. I'm a great musician, when I know the music. However I'm a tad... forgetful," I winked with a laugh, "I also, if you hadn't smelled before, am a half-vampire, yet, my father was never around and the only thing my mother gave me was my eyes," I smiled at Dimmy, "So it's not that bad, really," I went back to my melody, picking up a few lines before where I'd left off and this time I hit every note I had written so far correctly.

~*Le contents de le sac a dos*~
Piccolo (being played)
Dried carrots (7)
Water Canteen (full)
Candles (8)
Scarf

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

“Ah, but you play beautifully,” reassured Dimmy. He wondered for a moment if he’d sounded sincere, he had trouble talking to her. He been warned so often to steer clear of the lower class, but he’d also come to terms with the fact that class has little to do with a person’s true value. He turned towards the west, for he was certain now that he’d remembered right. After all, he had to be good at something, “Well I think we’ve burned enough daylight on our introductions for now. We need to head out the Southern Gate to the forest.”

(Let's go already!)

Pixie fruit, he remembered it from 6th birthday. His father had bought one for the family to share; each person only got a sliver. It was a rare and expensive treat, expensive because it was so dangerous to collect. Sweet, but slightly bitter, the greenish pear sized fruit had been covered in little spines, fine as a pixie’s hair.

Dimmy started off, assured the others were coming also. He didn’t think that this would look like he was leading, for they all knew which way to go. As they he approached the large wooden gate, he paused, beyond here was a world he was very unfamiliar with. He took a sip from his canteen, he knew better than to break into his water supplies so soon, but he always felt so thirsty. Maybe it was his vampire-like complexion reacting to the sun, or maybe he was going to start needing blood. Dimmy shuttered, if people had trouble with him now, how would they react from him wanting their blood? Well, he already did want blood, but he knew he didn’t need it.

He looked about to make sure the group was all still together. He tried to think of something witty to say as they started their adventure, but decided it would be best to leave that honor to Dante.

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, water (nearly full)
Quill (new, unused)
Glass jar of ink (full)
Vellum Quest notes

Last edited:

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical
Noren Ironred, Human Wizard~

“No, no, keep going. I thought you were really good, actually. Besides, I’d rather listen to your eloquent symphony,” he emphasized "eloquent", once more attempting to poke fun at formal speech. “than to those two mages brag about how they can do magic and we can’t.” Dante continued playfully, an easygoing smile to be found on his face.

A slight scowl appeared on Noren's face at that comment. Bragging? An absurd notion on Dante's part. It was best in a group situation, to let your abilities be known to the others in the group. As teamwork is the key to success of any mission... But, he was already kind of getting a picture of Dante's persona, and his scowl turned back into a slight smile. "Just who he is..." He thought to himself.

Dimnaphir responded, “Actually Dante, I don’t know any magic. My father tried for the longest time to teach me decay magic, but I don’t seem to be able to perform it...” sheepishly he added, “I guess my only real ability is for memorization, it’s one of the few things I’ve had time to practice.” He took a breath “So, then Dante, I assume your apt in combat, but I’ve noticed you also seem to have a sophisticated vocabulary.”

"Hmm... There may be more to him than he actually thinks... I think we will be able to use his magic one day..." The Wizard thought to himself. Noren then glanced over at the sword on Dante's back, and his eyes widened. Noren had spent enough time around smiths to see a finely crafted weapon when he saw one. And that sword was one magnificent piece. But before Noren could ask Dante about it, the swordsman said

“Hey, combat isn’t everything.” Dante answered reassuringly. “All the raw power in the world is useless without a decent tactician to guide it. Strategy wins wars just as much as strength, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I’ll take care of the dirty work, you supply our group’s brainpower.” He shrugged, moving on to his second comment. “Anyway, I’m not bad in a fight; good enough to receive my master’s most cherished blade, at least. And…wait, sophisticated vocabulary? Really? I haven’t noticed.” Dante answered sincerely. “I just kinda…talk however I see fit. When I want to be formal, I speak formally. When I wanna be casual, I speak casually.”

Noren found himself deep in thought. He was right of course... Any good fighter knows that the mind is much more important than body. Without strategy and intelligence, there is no real point in engaging in any sort of combat. All of a sudden, the young Wizard's brow furrowed. Maybe there was a way he could help... He thought he heard the entertainer talking, but he was to busy musing his own thoughts to really notice.

When Noren snapped back to reality, he saw that Dimnaphir had already set off towards the gate, and decided to briskly follow him. Catching up, he said to him "Hey, Dimnaphir"

Thinking he had the Noble's attention he continued. "I heard what you said about trying to use Decay Magic, but not getting the hang of it... I'm not sure how much I can help, but I do have a few tips you could use... If you try to do magic purely based off the guidance of a book or magical tome, you will fail... Trying to teach someone even the most minor of spells is useless, if you can't use basic control. The best thing to do would be experimenting by yourself, until you can start to generate enough of it to manipulate. Also, in many books of magic, there will be key words and phrases that might be hidden within. Piecing together the less obvious parts of information will give you better understanding of magic than the blatant facts... Basically, I'm saying you should look beyond the obvious, and into the true inner-workings of magic, nature, and the entire world..." Noren shook his head and let out a sigh. "Woops, sorry about dragging on... Sometimes I just get caught up in it all... Hope some of this information can help. Something tells me that you could become more skilled in Decay Magic than you think..."

The Wizard then walked over to the entertainer and said "Feel free to play whenever you want... I seem to be able to think more clearly after hearing your music"

*Inventory/Backpack*
A Scrying Glass
Flint and Steel
Canteen of Water

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

Dimmy considered Noren’s advice; his father had never addressed magic like that. His father had merely stated over and over again the things written in the book, as though he had memorized it in order to teach Dimmy. Maybe it was the only way his father knew how to teach. His father had seemed to address every subject from the same sort of angle. So then, he thought, if I understand Noren correctly, I first have to find the condition under which I can produce magic… if I can produce magic at all.

“Okay, thanks,” muttered Dimmy as the wizard turned to Kaya. He said something about her music, but Dimmy really wasn’t listening. Dimmy stood silent in thought for a moment, and then went to address the gatekeeper. It wasn’t a long conversation; Dimmy merely told them that they were setting off on their quest and need to go this way. After that the gatekeeper let open the huge wooden gate and waited for them to pass through.

The on the other side was a wondrous emerald green forest. The bright sun shone through the leaves casting green tinted shadows on the humus (leaf litter). Through this beautiful forest ran a small rocky spring. Dimmy had a nice feeling inside, it felt like anything was possible. Just then something metallic shot past their feet.

“What was that?” asked Dimmy trying to see where it went.

*Inventory/Backpack*
Canteen, water (nearly full)
Quill (new, unused)
Glass jar of ink (full)
Vellum Quest notes