• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elfy's Doubles Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glazelf

Eurypterid (Drapion) (M) holding Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 76 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acupressure
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Knock Off

Main lead along with Wigglytuff, sets up Toxic Spikes to badly poison, Protect to stall turns for recovery and avoid dangerous attacks.
Knock Off for knocking off items from walls, and having some way to do damage.
Acupressure for giving itself and allies random stat boosts. Wich is total chaos. And fun.

Jiggly (Wigglytuff) (F) holding Light Clay
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Basically sets up screens and does some wishing support and then goes out, mostly using screens to lengthen Drapions survivability so he can get up double Toxic Spikes or more Acupressures.

Stegosaurus (Venusaur-Mega) (M) holding Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Petal Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Outrage

Mega Venusaur has great stats overall, it's really bulky and deals loads of damage. Even though it's better specially than physically and it doesn't get any physical poison stab, I chose to make it special mostly for Petal Blizzard hitting both opponents and in the ideal situation, also Azumarill.
The other moves are either coverage or in the case of Leech Seed, to increase survivability.

Innocence (Azumarill) (F) holding Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Mostly here to take Petal Blizzards and special hits for days while dealing hard blows back with things like stab Play Rough and Waterfall, while Aqua Jet is priority and Knock Off acts as both coverage and knocking off items, wich is always a good thing, right?

Evangelion (Togekiss) (F) holding Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Air Slash for the much hated 60% flinch, and some way to do damage.
Follow Me to distract enemy attacks, to either give Volcarona time to set up some extra Quiver Dances, give Drapion some extra Acupressures, getting up double screens, etc.
Roost to heal, obviously.
Heal Bell to cure the entire team of status ailments, wich I found to be a problem, especially on Drapion and the Pokemon it can useAcupressure on.

Iblis (Volcarona) (M) holding Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Sets up, sweeps, done.
Quiver Dance, for said setup.
Heat Wave over Fiery Dance because it hits both opponents.
Giga Drain over Bug Buzz to heal away Life Orb damage and other small damages, even though it's pretty frail.
Protect because a set up Volcarona attracts most attacks, thus giving extra time to anyone.

This is my first post here so try to be kinda nice :3

~Elfy

Sidenote: for copypasting into Showdown, you'll have to replace the "holding" with the email symbol, wich I can't use because I don't have 10+ posts yet and it triggers links so... Deal with it.

Last edited:

Carbonific

Trainer
Drapion is using an inefficient nature. 252 HP / 140 Def / 76 SpD with an Impish nature reaches the same stats as the spread in your OP and still leaves 40 EVs leftover. Remember that if you don't need to reach a specific number in another stat which is otherwise impossible without a boosting nature, you should always use a nature that boosts a Pokemon's highest stat.

Glazelf

Drapion is using an inefficient nature. 252 HP / 140 Def / 76 SpD with an Impish nature reaches the same stats as the spread in your OP and still leaves 40 EVs leftover. Remember that if you don't need to reach a specific number in another stat which is otherwise impossible without a boosting nature, you should always use a nature that boosts a Pokemon's highest stat.

Thanks, I was just thinking it's defense was high enough so it could use some special bulk, but if that spread gives better/the same stats I'll use that from now on :3
Anything else~?

~Elfy

Status
Not open for further replies.