• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elite 4? Impossible .. (My Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantompokemon

Pokemon Black RMT - (Goal) Is to beat elite 4, I am still on my first go... having so much trouble taking them out..
I'd also like a future team to beat them over and over (After I level them up of course.)
If anyone has Pokemon willing to trade off in order for me to complete my goal I'd be very appreciated I am at Zero poke dollars and so drained from training on Audino's (level 38), and victory road training

My Inventory
------------------------------
Fraxure (level 43)
Nature Gentle, Ability (Mold Breaker)
EVs: (none)
-False Swipe ( I need to keep this move for future legendary pokemon captures)
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
- Dragon Pulse

Mienfoo (Level 47)
Nature Docile, Ability (Regenerator )
-Jump kick
-U-turn
-force Palm
-Brick Break
Eeletross ( Level 47 )
Nature Calm, Ability (Levitate)
-Crunch
-Flash(Can be changed out I used it to get a legendary)
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
Archeops (Level 50)
Nature Calm, Ability (Defeatist)
-Bulldoze
-acrobatics
-dragonbreath
-U-turn

Simipour (level 52)
Nature Serious, Ability (Gluttony)
EVs: (None)
-scald
-brine
-Crunch
-Surf
Serperior
Lv.47
Nature Jolly, Ability (Overgrown)
-giga drain
-leafblade
-leech seed
-strength ( Can be changed out used to move boulders

In PC
Zebstrika ( level 51)
Nature Docile, Ability (motor drive)
-discharge
-wild charge
-flame charge
-thunder
Cobalion(Lvl 41
Nature Serious, Ability (justified)
-helping hand
-retaliate
-iron head
-sacred sword
Terrakion (Lvl 41)
Nature Serious, Ability (justified)
-helping hand
-retaliate
-rock slide
-sacred sword
Excadrill (lv 38)
Nature Jolly, Ability (Sand Rush)
EVs: (None)
-slash
-Rock slide
-Horn Drill
-Earth quake

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquarelle

Staff member
If you’re having a very tough time against the Elite Four, then training your team up some more will help. Definitely get Fraxure and Mienfoo to evolve if you still plan to use them.

I know that level grinding can be tiresome and draining, but it should help make the Elite Four easier. If you need a change from grinding off of Audino and Victory Road Pokemon, you can always do the daily trainer battles at the sport stadiums in Nimbasa, which will also give you some money. Additionally, if there are any trainers you skipped over during the main game, going back and fighting them now will also give you some experience and money.

Unfortunately, you probably won’t find anyone here who’ll be able to trade with you now that wifi support for DS games is gone. You would have to find someone who lives in your area to trade with, which would be difficult tbh.

I’m not an expert at giving moveset suggestions, especially for a pre-Elite Four team, but you could probably add some more variety to your Pokemon’s movesets. For example, your Mienfoo probably doesn’t need three Fighting moves nor does Simipour need three Water moves. Giving your Pokemon moves of different types will allow your Pokemon to fight a wider range of opponents.
I don’t know what TMs you have right now, and I know some good TMs are post-E4 only, but you should have some decent ones of various types that you can teach your Pokemon. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about TMs available before the post-game can give you specific suggestions.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Personally, I'd get Shadow Claw and Aerial Ace TMs, and use them both on Haxorus. False Swipe's a TM anyway, so you can reteach that later, and Dragon Pulse on Haxorus isn't the best.
If you haven't got them: Shadow Claw's in Celestial Tower, Aerial Ace is on Mistralton's runway, and False Swipe's given to you by Juniper after you've seen 30 mons, which you will have done by that stage in the game.

Phantompokemon

I appericate all the replies thank for taking time to help me out I have been reading tons and tons and tons but seems like all reading doesn't actually help my situations.

I may end up giving up on the game as NO WIFI support? YET you have to have wifi in order to have a black city and a white forest. boy the dev's really did good on this game..

Personally, I'd get Shadow Claw and Aerial Ace TMs, and use them both on Haxorus. False Swipe's a TM anyway, so you can reteach that later, and Dragon Pulse on Haxorus isn't the best.
If you haven't got them: Shadow Claw's in Celestial Tower, Aerial Ace is on Mistralton's runway, and False Swipe's given to you by Juniper after you've seen 30 mons, which you will have done by that stage in the game.

I was able by pure luck to get past not only elite 4 but I actually beat the game (Really pissed that there was 2 ENDING! battles let me tell you how hopeless I was fighting Ghetsis)

My current team...Elite 4 Round 2
Easy leveling strat? Ability rotation?

Reshiram. Lv57
Ability turbo blaze
Nature Timid.

Dragon Pulse
Fly
physic
Fusion flare

Haxorus Lv 56.
Ability Mold Breaker
Nature Gentle

False Swipe ( will swap out for Ariel ace, once I find it)
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Shadow Claw

Mienshao Lv. 53
Ability Regenerator
Nature Docile

Jump Kick
Bounce
Force Palm
Brick Brek

Serpieror Lv.53
Ability Overgrow
Nature Jolly

Giga Drain
Leaf Blade
Leech Seed
Strength

Simipour (I'd like to switch out due to useless ability, really only used for good crunch dmg, and water ofc.)
Ability Gluttony
Nature Serious
Scald
Dive
Crunch
Surf

Eelektross Lv 54 ( I am having a TERRIBLE time making this pokemon useful he seems to die instantly and never gets first hit he has 70 speed T_T anyways to fix that?)
Ability Levitate
Nature Calm

Crunch
ThunderBolt
Thunder
Thunder wave

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Easy levelling strategy: The Audino in Giant Chasm are around the mid 50s.

Aerial Ace: Mistralton City runway, you might need to speak to some NPCs in a house near the flight tower thingy first.

Simipour: The postgame area mons are around level 50. There's Carvanha around Village Bridge. It's pretty common when you're fishing, although it has massive level variation, so it might take a while to find one near your party's current level. Give it Waterfall and Crunch, and level it up so it evolves, and you're set.

Eelektross: No clue mate. Eelektross isn't really that fast/bulky though. You can always opt for EV training with the insta-EV items, but that's kind of expensive. It's probably better to get a new mon. One of the better options I can remeber is that there's a trade in a mobile home on Route 15, Ditto for Rotom. Ditto are pretty common in the Giant Chasm. Plus, Rotom can formswap in case you need some desperate coverage for something. Oh, and I think the Rotom comes at a pretty decent level.

Easy money(If you're still running short): Get moneys from selling the non-Plate items in the Abyssal Ruins to the Black Belt NPC in the Riches' Mansion. In the whole of the ruins, there's about 3 million bucks to be made. I think the main site has maps and the like to help expediate affairs. The item on the top floor alone nabs you 300,000. Or, do the stadiums in Nimbasa with Amulet Coin on your front mon for some re-earnable money.

About the wifi: Black City/White Forest are local wireless iirc, not wifi. Probably worse. Wifi's stuff like the GTS and online trading/battling.

Last edited:

Phantompokemon

Easy levelling strategy: The Audino in Giant Chasm are around the mid 50s.

Aerial Ace: Mistralton City runway, you might need to speak to some NPCs in a house near the flight tower thingy first.

Simipour: The postgame area mons are around level 50. There's Carvanha around Village Bridge. It's pretty common when you're fishing, although it has massive level variation, so it might take a while to find one near your party's current level. Give it Waterfall and Crunch, and level it up so it evolves, and you're set.

Eelektross: No clue mate. Eelektross isn't really that fast/bulky though. You can always opt for EV training with the insta-EV items, but that's kind of expensive. It's probably better to get a new mon. One of the better options I can remeber is that there's a trade in a mobile home on Route 15, Ditto for Rotom. Ditto are pretty common in the Giant Chasm. Plus, Rotom can formswap in case you need some desperate coverage for something. Oh, and I think the Rotom comes at a pretty decent level.

Easy money(If you're still running short): Get moneys from selling the non-Plate items in the Abyssal Ruins to the Black Belt NPC in the Riches' Mansion. In the whole of the ruins, there's about 3 million bucks to be made. I think the main site has maps and the like to help expediate affairs. The item on the top floor alone nabs you 300,000. Or, do the stadiums in Nimbasa with Amulet Coin on your front mon for some re-earnable money.

About the wifi: Black City/White Forest are local wireless iirc, not wifi. Probably worse. Wifi's stuff like the GTS and online trading/battling.

wow much appreciated response. Yeah I'm sorta trying to get every type down, so i'll have all weakness's covered I just got kyruem time to stomp some pubs, i'll run and grab rottem sounds sick, yeah it's a pretty old game I don't expect anybody to really be playing it i'll just let black city white city go, i'll probably just gather some more level get to point where I smash anything i'll move on to a better game

I'll probably referee back to this post till I get setup, and about simipour I was wanting to run a better water type I barely even get my simipour out for anything except using crunch which for a water type he hits hard with.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Sharpedo is a better Water type. Sharpedo's Waterfall is pretty strong, and its Crunch is joint second most powerful Crunch in gen 5, after Tyranitar, and tied with Crawdaunt. Strong enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.