• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elite four and Cynthia multiple battles?

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Ok, so I've been wondering about this for quite some time. Why is it that you can challenge Elite four and thus Cynthia over and over even after winning Sinnoh Champion title for the first time (not saying on first try, it may take a few tries for some)? My point is once you defeat the Elite four and Cynthia for the first time, YOU become the new champion of Sinnoh, so there's no question about challenging the Elite four and Cynthia ever again. It doesn't make sense that once you beat them for the first time, you can go back to Pokemon League and it would still say "You are challenged by Champion Cynthia"...like excuse me I've already stripped you of your champion title before :O What would make sense is once you become the new champion of Sinnoh, different challengers (could be random trainers with random pokemon) will emerge to challenge you from time to time. Heck, I'd even accept if Cynthia comes to challenge me from time to time to regain her lost "champion" title.

I would like to hear about your opinion on this. And by the way, I have challenged the Elite four and beat Cynthia only once to retain the originality :)

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
I think it was a good decision on the designers. The Elite 4 is a good experience and if you could only do it once it would kinda suck. It also one the the best ways to level up your pokemon.

Thought TBH I never understood why it still came up Champion Cynthia either!

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Not like you get tons of xp from battling the Elite Four and Cynthia over and over again - it's boring for one - but it's something that's not consistent with the storyline. I'd agree it's a cheap way of grinding your level 60s or up Pokemon, but they could have just introduced some other way of grinding without having to conflict with the storyline. Like, something similar to the Top Trainer Cafe in Platinum. I think it's a great idea to introduce such thing

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
^ agreed I forgot about the Top Trainer Cafe. I think that they should really get rid of being able to re-do the E4. Instead you should get calls when people want to battle you!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It's probably because the trainer can't be the champion since he's too young, only 10 years old. And it's for the training that you can't do after you beat them, because it's boring to fight only against wild pokemon over and over.

Last edited:

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I think that they should really get rid of being able to re-do the E4. Instead you should get calls when people want to battle you!

In HG/SS you can call over gym leaders or trainers and hold private battles

It's probably because the trainer can't be the champion since he's too young, only 10 years old. And it's for the training that you can't do after you beat them, because it's boring to fight only against wild pokemon over and over.

1. Ash, being a 10 yr old too as of debut, was offered to be the Kanto Frontier Brain when the next Frontier Brain drops, but he declined. So I'm assuming age is not a primary concern here
2. Battling Elite four over and over again is boring too, and that's not how a storyline should be. Unless you are grinding/levelling up your Pokemon, there are Battle Tower and Wi-fi battles

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^

pokman

Resident Wanderer
Yes, I don't understand why Cynthia is still dubbed pokemon champion after you beat her, though I cannot understand why this bothers you so much. No offense really, but it's not like you have to face the Pokemon League again...just simply avoid it. I mean again, I still don't get why it bothers you...besides you can just train. I had gotten first team of Lvl 100s from them...and training isn't supposed to be fun...

Ok, let me explain again, I might not have been clear. Go to the Pokemon League for training and go to the Battle Tower for any possible fun...

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Yes, I don't understand why Cynthia is still dubbed pokemon champion after you beat her, though I cannot understand why this bothers you so much. No offense really, but it's not like you have to face the Pokemon League again...just simply avoid it. I mean again, I still don't get why it bothers you...besides you can just train. I had gotten first team of Lvl 100s from them...and training isn't supposed to be fun...

Ok, let me explain again, I might not have been clear. Go to the Pokemon League for training and go to the Battle Tower for any possible fun...

I'm not saying it's bothering me, it's simply not consistent with the storyline is all I'm saying. Had you read my post completely, near the end I said I beat the Pokemon league once (and only once) just to retain the originality. And I'm not going back there again. It might be fun for some to train their Pokemon over at the Pokemon league, but I chose to train my Pokemon by battling trainers at Top Trainer Cafe and wild Pokemon.

Just so you know I have already beaten the Battle Frontier in Platinum, and now I'm looking forward to finish HG/SS

pokman

Resident Wanderer
I am not trying to feed this small quarrel, nor am I saying your post is mislead or so, but I have something to say to a couple of sentences.

I'm not saying it's bothering me, it's simply not consistent with the storyline is all I'm saying.
What I meant by it bothering you was by the making of this thread because of a minor inconvenience that had little relation to the story line, could be corrected by placing "former" in front of the word "champion", and was most likely over looked. I am not attacking you for making this thread anyway.

Had you read my post completely, near the end I said I beat the Pokemon league once (and only once) just to retain the originality.
...what gave you a clue that I hadn't read this? That I said "just simply avoid it" if it "bothers" you? I had completely acknowledged that sentence.