• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elite Four First time

Darkened_Kingdra

Whatcha want?
I'm restarting my White and slapped together a Elite Four team. I have 1 Pkmn for each Elite Four Member and 2 for N and Ghestis
(Yes, I know, no status moves, but I like to maintain my speed runs through them, and status moves don't really help.)

Shauntal
Stoutland Intimidate Spell Tag Lax
Shadow Ball
Surf
Thunderbolt
Payback

Grimsley
Sesmitoad Poison Touch Black Belt Sassy
Drain Punch
Surf
Earthquake
Aqua Ring

Catlin
Bisharp Defiant Expert Belt Naughty
Night Slash
Metal Burst
X-Scissor
Iron Head

Marshal
Golurk Iron Fist Mind Plate Mild
Psychic
Heavy Slam
Flash Cannon
Shadow Punch

N
Mienshao Inner Focus Wide Lens Lonely
Hi Jump Kick
Aura Sphere
Rock Slide
Dig

Crustle Sturdy Zoom Lens Brave
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Rock Smash
X-Scissor

Ghestis
Sawsbuck Sap Sipper Black Belt Hasty
Horn Leech
Nature Power- Tri Attack
Shadow Ball
Double Kick

Sawk Sturdy Coba Berry Adamant
Earthquake
Brick Break
Endure
Reversal

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

It's an interesting technique you got there. If I was you I'd just get Scrafty, make sure it has good speed, and sweep everything that exists in the Elite 4 (good speed because of Marshal... I learned that the hard way).

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
It's an interesting technique you got there. If I was you I'd just get Scrafty, make sure it has good speed, and sweep everything that exists in the Elite 4 (good speed because of Marshal... I learned that the hard way).

scrafty has only 58 base speed
so unless you EV and IV train it... (which bores you before the elite 4)

thats true.
although scrafty is known to be widely used to easily take out at least 3 of the 4 guys.
just something to consider.
otherwise, pretty good strategies,
good luck ^^

Nice team. Good Luck. But aren't you going to use Reshiram/Zekrom. If not, I suggest you get a Dragon-type.

Darkened_Kingdra

Whatcha want?
I don't particularly like R/Z and they don't really have Dragons in Elite Four.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I'm restarting my White and slapped together a Elite Four team. I have 1 Pkmn for each Elite Four Member and 2 for N and Ghestis
(Yes, I know, no status moves, but I like to maintain my speed runs through them, and status moves don't really help.)

Shauntal
Stoutland Intimidate Spell Tag Adamant
Crunch
Return
Thunder Fang/Ice Fang
Fire Fang

Grimsley
Sesmitoad Poison Touch Black Belt Mild
Poison Jab
Surf
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Catlin
Bisharp Defiant Expert Belt Adamant
Night Slash
Iron Head
X-Scissor
Swords Dance

Marshal
Golurk Iron Fist Mind Plate Brave
Earthquake
Curse
Rock Slide
Shadow Punch

N
Mienshao Inner Focus Wide Lens Jolly
Hi Jump Kick
Bulk Up
Rock Slide
U-Turn

Crustle Sturdy Zoom Lens Brave
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Curse
X-Scissor

Ghestis
Sawsbuck Sap Sipper Black Belt Adamant
Horn Leech
Megahorn
Wild Charge
Double Kick

Sawk Sturdy Coba Berry Adamant
Return
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Bulk Up

Changes in Bold.

Darkened_Kingdra

Whatcha want?
Most of these moves are for spacific Pkmn. If you look closely, you can see that half of Ghestis' team is weak to Fight.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I know,but you should user your whole team for each battle.I also noticed that you have two Fighting types,are you switching between them?

Darkened_Kingdra

Whatcha want?
Yes, I am. Mienshao is better suited to N, and Sawk is better suited to Ghestis. I will just put both in my party.

Pika ruler

Pikachu User
Yes, I am. Mienshao is better suited to N, and Sawk is better suited to Ghestis. I will just put both in my party.

That will be a waste of team space. Also, Crunch over Shadow Ball on Stoutland. Stoutland has a higher attack power than SAtk, especially if you look at mine, and others are probably the same.
And, one more thing. I suggest Zekrom somewhere so it can KO N's Reshraim. It's much easier.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
That will be a waste of team space. Also, Crunch over Shadow Ball on Stoutland. Stoutland has a higher attack power than SAtk, especially if you look at mine, and others are probably the same.
And, one more thing. I suggest Zekrom somewhere so it can KO N's Reshraim. It's much easier.

He could just use seismitoad with Earthquake

tleon

zekrom tears through N/Ghetesis' teams easily except for that got d*** hydriegon which sawk destroys

chap196

Stoutland
Item Leftover/Normal Gem
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Intimidate
Move Set
Retaliate
Crunch
Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
Ice Fang/Roar

I wouldn't play Stoutland as a Special attacker because it has only 45 base Special attack, but it has 100 base Attack, so recommend to play Stoutland as a physical attacker.
Mostly I play Stoutland as a revenge killer, so I like Retaliate because the power will be double if a Pokemon fainted before you use this move. The base power would be about 210 + Normal Gem ( if your hold item is normal gem).
If you want to beat Shauntal then use crunch to beat ghost type Pokemon.
I would prefer Thunder fang because it can paralysis and flinch Pokemon, but if you want your Electric type move to have more base power than Thunder Fang then you need to use Wild charge.
Ice Fang would beat grass type Pokemon more easily, but you can choose roar instead of Ice Fang to take Steel Type pokemon away.

Bisharp
Item Leftover
Nature Adamant
Ability Defiant
Move Set
Iron Head
Sword Dance
Night Slash
X-Scissor

I think Sword Dance would be a lot better move than Metal Burst for Bisharp because it is Physical Attacker
But your set is quite good, only to change from Metal Burst to Sword Dance.

Crustle
Item Rocky Helmet
Nature Impish
Ability Sturdy
Move Set
X-Scissor
Rock Slide
Shell Smash
Protect/Earthquake

Crustle is one of my favorite Pokemon in my White team.
This is a move set that I use
X-Scissor to kill Grass type Pokemon.
Rock Slide to flinch opponent Pokemon easily.
I use shell smash to beat a lot of Pokemon. It double Attack, Sp Att and Speed, but lower your defense and Sp def by 1 stage. If you can use Shell Smash 2 times (don't try all the time, use it when you can) then Crustle would be very overpower being able to kill all 6 Pokemon from your opponent (but not all the time if you face pokemon like Metagross then it would be hard to defeat or your Rock Slide miss) That is a reason why I like Crustle.
Protect will let you know that what move your opponent choose to Attack, but if you want another attack move then I recommend Earthquake.

For Sawk, I recommend to put Stone Edge more than brick Break because you already have Endure, Reversal combo.

I think you must find more Special Attacker because you have too much Physical Attacker and if you saw pokemon like cloyster then it would be difficult to beat it.

Last edited:

Darkened_Kingdra

Whatcha want?
This team is just for the E4 so if you're changing it to fit the game then please reconsider.