• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elite Four Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Generation V introduced the concept of letting you fight the Elite Four in any order you wanted.
So, in what order do YOU battle the Unova Elite Four?
(You can answer for BW1 and/or BW2 - this thread’s just in the BW2 forum because it has fewer active threads :p)

On my Gen V games, my usual order for battling the E4 is:
1. Marshal
2. Caitlin
3. Grimsley
4. Shauntal
I usually fight Marshal first because he’s the one that often gives me the most trouble (mostly due to Sawk’s Sturdy). Then, I just continue going in counter-clockwise order since that’s the most convenient for me.

Kalosian

So long
Most of the time I didn't battle them in any special order that I would always go with. Instead, I started with the one I believed I will find the easiest with the team I used, and then continued from there, ending with the one I thought would be the hardest. I always did this when challenging them the first time in all my games as well as when I was on my quest to get all the Challenge Medals in Black 2 & White 2.

Regarding the first time I battled the E4 in each game, I had written them down for all games except Black and went back to check what the order was, might as well post them.

Black: Not recorded, unfortunately
White: Marshal, Caitlin, Shauntal, Grimsley
Black 2: Marshal, Shauntal, Caitlin, Grimsley
White 2: Caitlin, Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In White 2, I usually go in this order: Grimsley > Shauntal > Caitlin > Marshal. I often switched between Grimsley and Shauntal, but Marshal is almost always the last Unova Elite Four member that I face since he's always annoying to beat in my personal experience. Same goes for when I challenge the E4 in Black/White.

Chimchar15

I usually always fight them in clockwise order so for me it would be

Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlin, Marshal.

It just feels natural to me.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I usually fight Caitlin first,because my team usually has enough coverage for her Pokemon.Second is usually Shauntal,third is Grimsley,and the last is Marshal,because his team tends to give my Pokemon the most trouble and Sturdy Sawk is annoying.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I usually always fight them in clockwise order so for me it would be

It just feels natural to me.

I'm the same way, and maybe it's kind of boring of me, but I also fight them in clockwise order. Not only does it feel right, but after so many times of beating them (especially in White 2 to get all the medals), any other way just feels awkward for me.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
For me, it depends. On W2, I only did the league twice, and IDR what they were. In W1, I always led against Grimsley, then Marshall, Shauntal and Caitlin in whichever order I feel like. Or whatever move Volcarona had more PP on. Seeing as I read the, 'How to destroy the BW league with Volcarona', I pretty much ran the E4 down about 25 times with it.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I normally did it in this order for the first B/W games.

Grimsley
Shauntal
Catilin
Marshal

B2/W2
Shauntal
Catilin
Grimsley
Marshal

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I usually Battle them in the Order of Marshall, Caitlin, Grimsley, Shauntal.

Mainly just brcause it means I get rising difficulty in between due to Type Matchups.

BlackKyurem3DS

I usually go:
Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlin, and Marshall.
It's how I've been battling them, and I usually feel most comfortable fighting them in that order.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I went from left to right. I'm not very creative, so I just went with what's easier. xD Marshall was always the hardest one for me to beat, so I guess I saved the difficulty battle for last...

xEryChan

Demon Child
When I played Black 2, I went by who, I thought, was going to the most difficult one to defeat first. So the order I went with was Marshal, Caitlin, Shauntal, and Grimsley last. I had a tough time beating Marshal in Black so that's why I went with him first. He ended up being a pushover. The toughest one for me was Shauntal so I kind of wished I went with her first.

mimejr.james

< The one and only
I went with Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley and then Caitlin. I dunno, it feels right that way. I didn't really think of who's gonna be easier or harder for me to fight.

Mostly it depends on my party and which Pokemon I'm trying to train. when I'm just doing it for fun I usually go clockwise like some of the other members.

Which is interestingly enough in the exact order from my favorite Unova E4 member to my least favorite.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I always battle Caitlin last, as she is, to me, the most significant. The order usually goes: Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal, Caitlin.

I found Caitlin to be the easiest, so she was always first. Then Shauntal, Grimsley and Marshal at the end since I found him the hardest to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.