• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elite Four Wikstrom! The House of Chivalry (1145)

Icy-Snowflake

So it's popcorn time again?
Ppl arent happy with this one on Twitter. Japanese and Brazilian ones.
Some used to hate Goh getting screentime for those 2 sec, mostly boring captures. And now it's a different scenario.

Farfetch'd getting gradual development is actually good; it really needs that IMO.
Dedenne reminded me of Clemont's Bonnie's Dedenne...
One thing I clearly understood is.... Sirfetch'd is still far-fetched:p

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I have no idea idea why you would think this at all for anyone but yourself, but whatever. Sure.
Sure wasn't on my mind since this episode wasn't about Scyther, but Farfetch'd. I didn't wasn't expecting an evolution for Farfetch'd without rematching the Lint man, but I sure wasn't expecting Go to just get randomly handed Scizor for free either.

I mean, fair enough if you didn't personally expect it, but it was the topic of conversation for a while in the spoilers thread.

It also wasn't purely a Farfetch'd episode; that was just an assumption based on the preview but this episode was always based around bringing Wilkstrom in, whilst involving Farfetch'd..

nuzamaki90

Back in Kalos for not even a full day yet and Ash is already jumping to his death again like the good ole days. Even his reaction to Dedenne felt so surreal, like he thought that was Bonnie’s Dedenne LOL

The episode was good, really enjoyed the knight training and the bonding exercises. Farfetch’d calling out Ash’s name was hilarious, Wikstrom’s crying because of all the enthusiasm was funny, and the overall action was great. I love Go’s Scyther and seeing it get some much needed screen time was nice. I also really liked how it just flew in out of no where to join everyone on the trip like “Please use me for God’s sake”. Glad it evolved and I hope to see it be used again in the future in an actual battle.

Farfetch’d learned the power of friendship...I mean chivalry, and that helped it learn Detect which is such a cool move in concept. The way it was animated looked exactly like Ultra Instinct, because Iwane used to animate for Dragon Ball Z so it all comes together LOL

I noticed Wikstrom nor Ash brought up the PWC so I’m really crossing my fingers that they have another go at each other later in the Super Class.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ppl arent happy with this one on Twitter. Japanese and Brazilian ones.
These people's opinions don't really matter much since they most likely aren't even in the target audience age group which is like ages 7-10 or something like that and I doubt most of the target audience would be allowed to have a social media account at that age anyways.

D

Deleted member 384931

These people's opinions don't really matter much since they most likely aren't even in the target audience age group which is like ages 7-10 or something like that and I doubt most of the target audience would be allowed to have a social media account at that age anyways.
I know, but is still interesting

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Goh's focus in this episode is so exaggerated. He participated in the training alongside Ash (as many companions do) and got like one and a half scenes to himself, but Ash and Farfetch'd got more focus and development. They even had Goh and Scyther exit to focus more on Farfetch'd. Him getting the key was mostly off-screen, and Scyther's evolution didn't happen until the end of the episode, when everything was already said and done.

Wasting a evolution on a pokemon we won’t see again I see.
Scyther has been used quite a few times already. He used it in the Flute Cup, and to help find Cubone's bone. It got attention in the food episode, and was recognized as one of Goh's strongest Pokemon and had a protectorate role for some of them.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Chloe's little brother's friend: Oh! My Feebas evolved into Milotic!
Goh: It must have been because of that Prism Scale it was holding! It can only evolve when it's holding it!

LATER

Wikstrom: Here. Have your Scyther hold this Metal Coat and let's give the sense of trading through this one-of-a-kind trade loop machine I own because I have no friends.
Goh: Nothing wrong with that.

Don't you LOVE the inconsistency?

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

Good episode, I wonder what move Farfetch'd learned by the end. Maybe it's Agility. Also good to see Scyther evolving. Both Pokemon did good in training.
No it was detect.

Chloe's little brother's friend: Oh! My Feebas evolved into Milotic!
Goh: It must have been because of that Prism Scale it was holding! It can only evolve when it's holding it!

LATER

Wikstrom: Here. Have your Scyther hold this Metal Coat and let's give the sense of trading through this one-of-a-kind trade loop machine I own because I have no friends.
Goh: Nothing wrong with that.

Don't you LOVE the inconsistency?
I mean...Does it really matter at this point? I honestly could care less about consistency when it comes to something as stupid as trade evolutions. Yeah you can argue that even prior to this series "trade evolution" Pokemon have evolved just by holding their required item, Misty's Poliwhirl being one of the one's that I remember. The "Arthur the Slowpoke" episode in EP 260 where the Slowpoke evolved into a Slowking being another... And then Chloe's little brother... But again, is it really THAT big of a deal to complain about? At the end of the day they gave Scyther its required item needed to evolve, and it ultimately did no matter how they decided to go about it.

EDIT: There are some other "trade evolution" sequences... Unova - the trade between Bianca and Professor Juniper involving Karrablast and Shelmet actually being traded with one another to showcase that trade evolution. - Either way, my whole point is the anime is always inconsistent. Does it excuse the writers from being inconsistent? Not really, consistency would be nice...But I really don't see the big deal in terms of trade evolutions IMO.

Anyway, regarding the episode, it was fine in my opinion. Glad that Farfetch'd and Ash finally got some focus together, and am really glad that they didn't evolve it right away since it needs more development before their inevitable Rinto/Gallade battle. It was nice FINALLY seeing Wilkstrom. Now the next question is...When will their next focus episode be?

Last edited:

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
It's not a Flying Type anymore and holds a big leak so even I was skeptical.

The only thing that bothers me is that Today's episode could've easily just been a 2-Parter if they were going to revisit Wikistrom not even 5 Episodes later
Continuity and dual protagonist system.