• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elite Four Wikstrom! The House of Chivalry (1145)

BobbbidyBob

Haven’t watched the ep yet, does it connect to the PWC in any way?

Meh episode. Imagine if we saw Kalos Ash take on Wikstrom, Talonflame would destroy. Liked seeing Dedenne.

diakyu

This is the best outcome, I really thought they were gonna speed run Farfetch'd evolution but we got some nice bonding time here.

The Problem with Pokémon Journeys

Note: This is just my opinion.

When I first heard about Journeys, my opinion on it was negative. After flip flopping and actually thinking that Journeys was going to be good, my opinion remains the same.

I will give props to Journeys for showcasing off the world of Pokémon, which is what the series is supposed to be about, but even then Kanto is shown more times than all of the other regions combined, which is an issue in itself. I like Goh as a character but he’s not the biggest problem for me in this series. The biggest problem to me is Ash.

As the main character of the show for almost 25 years, Ash is a shell of his former self and has been since SM began, but Journeys manages to sideline his character even more. Ash is participating in PWC battles, most of which are one on one. Plus, Lucario got so much more screentime compared to the others. There wasn’t a PWC battle in twelve episodes, which is a lot. Ash’s character is stale because it doesn’t feel like he is the main focus anymore since him and Goh are dual protagonists. The show is so episodic and because it doesn’t have a plot, that comes back to bite it. It feels like the anime doesn’t care about Ash anymore, and I don’t even know what the heck Pokémon is going to do with him when the series is over. I’ve heard people saying that this is Ash’s last series but I doubt that’s going to happen. If it does he’ll probably just be replaced with Goh. With Ash’s returning companions, we’ll see how that goes with Gary and Iris but considering how they smushed the Alola one into one episode and had Korrina return but having it be crammed into one episode as well and NO MENTION OF XY, it’s not looking good. There are some of Ash’s Pokémon dying to be used and he hasn’t used them at all, I’m talking about Incineroar, Torterra, Greninja...

This Pokémon series is also more focused on kids, which I don’t like. We want to see Ash grow and progress, and he is not doing that here. It’s painfully obvious that Gens 1-6 Ash is a different character from Gens 7-8 Ash, so much that I will say that they exist in different universes. In one universe is an iteration of the Ash we all know and love from the end of XY, and the other one is the Ash that keeps the Gens 1-6 information but is a different Ash and is the one we see in Journeys. Picture it like an overlapping timeline so to speak. It really tells us that Ash’s journey as a main character was better off ending at XY. It would be a perfect time for him to win the League, marry Serena and have their kid be the next protagonist with a timeskip. It would have been a satisfactory ending for many and Ash and Pikachu can still be on the show, plus as the franchise was at its 20th anniversary, this would have added even more fuel to the fire as it would have the main protagonist growing up with the original target audience in the 90s, and let a new generation step in. But they didn’t do that, and it looks like that implicates a disastrous result.

The only reason I am still watching Journeys is to see Cramorant get an episode (an appearance in Secrets of the Jungle/Coco isn’t enough) as it's my favorite Pokémon and it would fit right in with Journeys, maybe even as a Team Rocket Pokémon. This series has also ruined Team Rocket, they can’t even catch their own Pokémon and have to have a stupid Rocket Prize Master (which was good at the start, but now they need their own Pokémon).

TLDR: The anime is becoming more childlike than ever and I hate it.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
Just in from like its debut to DD
DD arc-spammed aura sphere 4 times and did aura conversation with ash for a bleep second

Mewtwo ep - did showcase performance with cinderace

Kamonegi trials- was in picture of battle montage

Suicune- did nothing significant onscreen other than usimg 1 aura sphere

Messon- did not appeae

Today's ep-did not appear

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Wikstrom mocks all the people into trading evolution by showing off his machine that is so anti-trading evolution.

Then the question now is why he has that when none of his Pokemon evolve through "trading."
I mean he does have that M-Scizor

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Fun episode. Training episodes are always entertaining and to be honest I'd say they balanced the screentime of both boys fairly well. It still felt like an Ash episode since it picked from the previous Farfetch'd training episode and continue. I'm really surprised that the duck still haven't evolved but I like they are taking their sweet time to build up for when that finally happens. I'd say Farfetch'd is being handled better than Lucario so far but I guess it makes sense since it doesn't seems like a mandate capture like the jackal was.

Wikstrom proved himself a fairly fun E4. He doesn't have the "holier than thou" thing most of them have and allows himself to be a hammy weirdo. Also, his training for the boys seemed fair enough even if one could argue that one day wouldn't be enough.

All in all good episode.

Ash jumping for that leek reminded me of him jumping from the kalos tower for pikachu

As well as that time Ash jumped into the volcano.

It's the third time the kids' threw himself on Kalos. Watch someone makes a joke about having a death wish

So Farfetch'd takes 20 odd eps to finally show a full moveset only to immediately lose one come its next focus ep? I sure hope it was Focus Energy. It didn't even use it this week.

You probably know already but it's Detect.

I'm really glad I figured as soon as I see it. A quick google on Bulbapedia confirm it.

Wikstrom: Here. Have your Scyther hold this Metal Coat and let's give the sense of trading through this one-of-a-kind trade loop machine I own because I have no friends.
Goh: Nothing wrong with that.

Ok, NOW that one was funny.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wow, even Goh admitted he hasn't taken Scyther out much lately