• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elite Four Wikstrom! The House of Chivalry (1145)

Red and Blue

Bet Guzma has a machine just like Wikstrom's lying around somewhere in his hideout

dman_dustin

Ironically, Clemont is assumed to have invented Rotomdex, but the anime cut that implication in half.

In fairness Clemont in the games had a lot more free time to invent things and things of that sort.

Given that anime Clemont had his inventions have issues that blew up after awhile, and thus while a genius still had issues, I don't know how much it makes sense for anime Clemont to have invented the Rotomdex especially since he was Ash's traveling companion. I mean isn't there a trope of inventors creating really good inventions like (Clembot) but most other inventions fail primarily due to comic relief making you wonder how the hell they invented the really good thing they invented.

Maybe at most Clemont patented the Rotomdex or created the blueprints and some engineer/inventor actually put it to work.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
In all more fairness, this anime couldn't care less about time, and Alola is especially bad at it.
Then the anime suffered from bad management as well. I mean the characters couldn't train/prepare for eventual threats and they had to rely on Ash to deal with them thanks to his mc card.

Oh, and the episode was ok. It's good that Ash's Farfetch'D got its focus, along gaining a new move and Goh's Scyther evolution while Wikstrom gives the twerps some trials to overcome, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
For example in this episode the only reason Go's Scyther evolved was at the mere suggestion of Wikstrom, while that is fine, I can see how people would see Ash getting cheated, because he really didn't get anything of equal value. I don't know if a Pokemon trusting your more fully and learning a new move is equal to the same thing but with an added evolution or just an evolution.

I mean sure Scyther didn't learn a new move, and kind of already trusted Go, I guess Evolution was being nice to Go, but even so Farfetch'd evolves through battling of specific conditions its weird that it was not triggered, thus I can see from a viewer's perspective Ash was cheated. Though not necessarily in a way where Go is thrown under the bus. But it's weird that Wikstrom went out of his way to help Go evolve his Scyther, but didn't necessarily have anything to really say or do for Ash. No "Your Farfetch'd is really strong, it'll definitely end up being a strong Pokemon, that I will be afraid of if you reach high in the Ultra Rank." Just the generalized speech that was for Go as well and then evolve Scyther. And it's weird because Wikstrom was more heavily invested into Ash and Farfetch'd than Go and Scyther so its weird Wikstrom at the end didn't express anything to Ash.
Doesn't Wikstrom single out Farfetch'd as promising. I would say that even without the new move, Wikstrom facilitating the bond between Ash and Farfetch'd is a good step forward and will definitely factor into future battles more than a raw stat buff.
The new move is icing, though we don't know how it will play out yet.

dman_dustin

Doesn't Wikstrom single out Farfetch'd as promising. I would say that even without the new move, Wikstrom facilitating the bond between Ash and Farfetch'd is a good step forward and will definitely factor into future battles more than a raw stat buff.
The new move is icing, though we don't know how it will play out yet.

I meant "to Ash and Farfetch'd" not "about Ash and Farfetch'd'"

He didn't say anything specific to Ash and Farfetch'd, his observations were kept to himself.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I meant "to Ash and Farfetch'd" not "about Ash and Farfetch'd'"

He didn't say anything specific to Ash and Farfetch'd, his observations were kept to himself.
As in you were hoping Wikstrom would in universe tell Ash that Farfetch'd is special?

I think I have seen so many "sage master doesn't tell young prodigy how great they are and releases them into the world while expecting great things" that it didn't even occur to me that Wikstrom would need to spell it out for Ash. We the audience still get the benefit of his monologue.