• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Elite Four Wikstrom! The House of Chivalry (1145)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This episode is definitive proof that Kalos curses Ash to jump from steep dives for things/pokemon.

Still, this is a good training episode. I actually enjoyed there was pragmatic use of pokemon moves in training such as using magnetism and forcing trainers and pokemon to move against the magnetic pull.

Also, what is the Elite 4 paying Wikstrom? This guy has too much money for this estate.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
"Dang, we're 30 seconds under the runtime. What do we do?"
"Wait, Go has a scyther, right?"
"I...think so? What pokemon did we have him use this episode, does anyone know?"
"Looks like scyther. Hard to tell through all this money from mobile game transactions."
"Should we give him a scizor?"
"Doesn't that require trading?"
"Eh, give the bawly knight guy dude a trading machine, nobody will question it."

Man, if this is how they're writing Wikstrom, I'm relieved he wasn't in XY, because yikes

RafaSceptile

"I...think so? What pokemon did we have him use this episode, does anyone know?"
"Looks like scyther. Hard to tell through all this money from mobile game transactions."
"Eh, give the bawly knight guy dude a trading machine, nobody will question it."

Man, if this is how they're writing Wikstrom, I'm relieved he wasn't in XY, because yikes
Not much better/worse than other things or characters before, during or after XY

Watershuriken97

I feel like i'm beating a dead horse here, but why are we making this about Goh interupting again... there never was any complaints this bad when the pokegirls got their contests or joined in something ash did. Like dawn and maylene was a great moment for her because we would expect ash to snap the gym leader out of her depression, but now it's a new (admittedly rushed) character and we complain every week? Yes this could have been an episode about just ash and i'd have loved it even more. But how about accepting it and reviewing the next 20 minutes for what it is, instead of being stuck on the slightly split development...

Goh would have worked better for this series if he took the backseat longer, if we had ash be a mentor for longer instead of a friend, all these things are true. But the way we repeat 'ew goh gets moments' is the same stagnant progression we have of the anime repeating split development. And i'm pretty sure that towards the end of the series it's going to be Ash and the finals again, they aren't rushing through the tournament for nothing, look at the kalos league, sure it was cut short. But we got a few of the best full battles we've ever had. This show is sadly a case of missed potentional and odd pacing, but I rarely see people adress these things as much as they adress Goh. I enjoy different opinions on the narrative and progression of the characters, but we end up with a goh discussion almost every week, while the writing is at fault.

That said, i've only recently gotten active on this platform, but it is nice to share thoughts nonetheless with y'all, and everyone is free to love or hate it as much as they want in the end. Just wish we could all have some more substantial discussions here.

Jiffunk

I feel like i'm beating a dead horse here, but why are we making this about Goh interupting again... there never was any complaints this bad when the pokegirls got their contests or joined in something ash did. Like dawn and maylene was a great moment for her because we would expect ash to snap the gym leader out of her depression, but now it's a new (admittedly rushed) character and we complain every week? Yes this could have been an episode about just ash and i'd have loved it even more. But how about accepting it and reviewing the next 20 minutes for what it is, instead of being stuck on the slightly split development...

Goh would have worked better for this series if he took the backseat longer, if we had ash be a mentor for longer instead of a friend, all these things are true. But the way we repeat 'ew goh gets moments' is the same stagnant progression we have of the anime repeating split development. And i'm pretty sure that towards the end of the series it's going to be Ash and the finals again, they aren't rushing through the tournament for nothing, look at the kalos league, sure it was cut short. But we got a few of the best full battles we've ever had. This show is sadly a case of missed potentional and odd pacing, but I rarely see people adress these things as much as they adress Goh. I enjoy different opinions on the narrative and progression of the characters, but we end up with a goh discussion almost every week, while the writing is at fault.

That said, i've only recently gotten active on this platform, but it is nice to share thoughts nonetheless with y'all, and everyone is free to love or hate it as much as they want in the end. Just wish we could all have some more substantial discussions here.
Goh isn’t even a battler so why does he need to train his scyther and steal focus from Ash who desperately needs the focus? He even said himself that he hasn’t taken Scyther out to battle in a while and for what? Not like he even battles to catch anything cuz all he does is throw a ball.

Watershuriken97

Goh isn’t even a battler so why does he need to train his scyther and steal focus from Ash who desperately needs the focus? He even said himself that he hasn’t taken Scyther out to battle in a while and for what? Not like he even battles to catch anything cuz all he does is throw a ball.
Ash doesn't do contests yet he even joined the wallace cup among others, dawn doesnt do gyms but she did maylene, Goh cares about his pokemon so he goes along with what scyther wants. Goh isn't a food contest guy, but it fit his skwovet, ash doesn't do races, ping pong, sumo tournaments and stuff, but these all happened. Partly due to the anime needing to fill episodes with events? yes...but sometimes ash goes along with what his pokemon wants to do, and how big an ass would goh be, if he said 'nah scyther, i dont care about battling'. Goh's main quote aside from mew is 'to catch pokemon is to understand pokemon'... that means taking care of your pokemons wishes too.

diakyu

What the heck why does Goh never use his pokemon???????

*uses his Pokemon*

No not like that!

Red and Blue

Farfetch'd learning Detect took me by surprise. Mostly because I was expecting Meteor Assault to be its only Fighting type move

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
I thought to myself as I was watching the episode, "I wonder if that metal armor's gonna let Scyther evolve. Not gonna lie, that would've been cool but no, they just let it um...... "hold" a metal coat and use the machine. >.> Aside from that, I'm actually kinda glad G-Farfetch'd didn't evolve this episode. It more than anything else just needed to listen and trust ash more. It'll probably evolve when fighting that Gallade I'm sure. Aside from that, I don't have much else to say. I was kinda expecting something more from Wikstrom concerning ash considering the whole tournament and Zygarde thing but eh..... it is what it is.

6/10

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Oh yay, Goh evolved his Pokemon. Now it can go rot in the lab with the rest of his Pokemon .
Atleast Ash's bird got some development

Soniman

Break the Limit

Ahhhh yes Wikistrom, the badly written character because he *checks notes* has a trading machine

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Essay time.

This is probably jus me, but when I saw the House of Chivalry, my immediate thoughts were "This looks rather similar to the Sakuragi Institute in terms of design." of course I'm not going to nark on it because it's got to be a grand building to house a knight and such. That being said, I wasn't expecting Wikstrom to be that expressive throughout the episode, especially given his characterisation in XY, on the other hand it was amusing to watch, especially when his Aegislash reaches out with a hankie. Going into this episode, I knew this was going to be development for G-Farfetch'd and seeing Wikstrom observe Ash and Farfetch'd, it was clear to see it unfold and during the final test, learning Detect I thought that was pretty cool and I can see that playing a factor in the rematch with Gallade so in that essence I am glad G-Farfetch'd got something out of the episode. And whilst I'm on the subject of the final test, when Wikstrom was talking about the replica swords, I honestly translated it as "Because I'm not going to give a couple of ten year-olds real swords." but throwaway comment aside (considering he says that they're used for the training), at least the leek training at the top of the episode helped. The other thing I wanted to touch upon was Go's Scyther. Ignoring the fact that its Slash should not have touched Aegislash, it was nice to see it get more action, however I wasn't expecting it to evolve at the end of the episode, especially immediately after Wikstrom asked Go if he considered evolving it, however I will praise the writers on getting the evo method done right, via a brief trade, like Jessie's Gourgeist in XY.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh yay, Goh evolved his Pokemon. Now it can go rot in the lab with the rest of his Pokemon .
Steel doesn't rot.

It gets rusty.
Ahhhh yes Wikistrom, the badly written character because he *checks notes* has a trading machine
He trades with himself. Because he has no friends.

Also, he's not a Wikipedia character.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Well said! Completely agree here, it's annoying to hear the same things over again with no new perspective, it gets tiring
Ash doesn't do contests yet he even joined the wallace cup among others, dawn doesnt do gyms but she did maylene, Goh cares about his pokemon so he goes along with what scyther wants. Goh isn't a food contest guy, but it fit his skwovet, ash doesn't do races, ping pong, sumo tournaments and stuff, but these all happened. Partly due to the anime needing to fill episodes with events? yes...but sometimes ash goes along with what his pokemon wants to do, and how big an ass would goh be, if he said 'nah scyther, i dont care about battling'. Goh's main quote aside from mew is 'to catch pokemon is to understand pokemon'... that means taking care of your pokemons wishes too.
Exactly lmao, Goh catches mons to understand and bond with them, why wouldn't he participate in stuff his mons want to help them just like Ash does all the time. There's a clear double standard here
What the heck why does Goh never use his pokemon???????

*uses his Pokemon*

No not like that!
XD The down comment is a perfect example of that
So you have a problem when Goh gives his mons focus and development, and also a problem when he doesn't
These complaints are funny ngl XD