• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emboar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sorta make a good point but why is that when my Emboar takes on a Salamence, that's right a Salamence it can take it down with one hit and manage to knock out a Hippowden as well in a row holding just a sitrus berry. If you were to have a battle without super effective moves Emboar can be decent in some way. It's to do with how you use it. GOSH! :mad:

OHKOing Salamence isn't exactly a notable accomplishment; Salamence isn't some super bulky tank. A LO Vanilluxe can OHKO offensive Salamence 3 times over with one Ice Beam, not to mention that most Salamence sets will easily outspeed and OHKO an offensive Emboar anyways. And I'd like to see these Emboar and Hippowdon sets you're talking about. Even a 252+ Emboar's Grass Knot caps out at 86.66% against a physically defensive Hippowdon, and that's pretty much Sitrus Berry Emboar's best shot at OHKOing it. A OHKO is only possible against a Hippowdon that is barely investing in bulk at all, which is a terrible idea, and beating bad players with bad EV spreads proves nothing.

Zerogamer

emboar great pokemon

when comes to pokemon how use do can make a pokemon great or be **** like parasect. oh yes i would love to use him on my trick room team

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Only reason why people don't like Emboar competitively is because it's naturally compared against Infernape (Which has the Speed to compensate with the Attack & Special Attack) & Blaziken (Which has a wonderful Movepool & the blessed Speed Boost ability). The only thing that Emboar has against these 2 is the durability to survive longer due to it's HP & a 3 Point higher attack stat than Blaziken... Don't get me wrong, I've personally grown to love Emboar but facts are facts.

Ditto B1tch

Emboar sucks because of its type, stats and moves it was given in the meantime.

Emboar will always be comparated with Blaziken and Infernape because they share the same type and are starters. However, Emboar is the most different of them. While Blaziken and Infernape are offensive and fast, Emboar is offensive, but slow. Neither raising Emboar's HP is enough to make up for its Speed. Therefore, Emboar sucks because it cannot cover its weakness and its speed in the meantime. You can take advantage of its high HP and use some recoil moves, but few of them are really recommended in competitive battle. Because of Emboar's Speed, in most of the ocasions it'll be able to attack only once, because in the second turn it'll be fainted. Then, Emboar is suggested to hold Quick Claw, or have a partner with Trick Room in double/triple battles. One thing that I applaud on Emboar is its compatibility with Scald, which can be a lot useful against ground and rock foes.

GF could alter Emboar's type and stats, but I don't think they'll do that.

Ditto B1tch

Don't you mean choice scarf? This item has less then a 20% chance to active, so it's far, far too unreliable.

I know the difference about Choice Scarf and Quick Claw.

Yes, I meant Quick Claw. Though being 20%, it's better than nothing!

broomstig

Water/Dragon Leader
the fire/fighting is just old now. it was good for combusken, and although i dont think they should have made another fire/fighter straight away, infernape was good, but emboar is just a let down especially as its the third one in a row. besides, charizard could beast them all

Zachmac

Yes, I meant Quick Claw. Though being 20%, it's better than nothing!
It is, but if you aren't going to use a pokemon you can depend on to do it's job, I see no point in using it. It's the same as attract; Yes, it can be annoying in some situations, but since two pokemon of the same species can have different genders, you won't be using it to handle any specific threats, so where is the point? In a situation where you have to handle something faster reliably, you may as well be using a speedy pokemon with a 20% accuracy move.

Choice Scarf is a much better item if you're aiming for speed.

ysmr97

I think that he can make the trek up to RU. But I feel he will become UU or maybe even OU when reckless releases.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
the fire/fighting is just old now. it was good for combusken, and although i dont think they should have made another fire/fighter straight away, infernape was good, but emboar is just a let down especially as its the third one in a row. besides, charizard could beast them all

Infernape can 1Hit KO Charizard with Stone Edge & Thunderpunch.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
I think that he can make the trek up to RU. But I feel he will become UU or maybe even OU when reckless releases.

Emboar is now RU (at least in smogon) btw. I hope that reckless will be released because a choice band, reckless boosted flare blitz can KO a lot of pokemon. It also gets wild charge and head smash so it can abuse it quite nicely. Emboar's bulk isn't THAT horrible. As long as you don't leave it in against aggron's head smash or tornadus's hurricane, it usually won't get KOed.

dangochao

hey there. i have a question. everyone talks about using Flare Blitz with Emboar but what about Heat Crash? go easy on me guys im an amature when it comes to competetive battling

fitzy909

Just another guy
hey there. i have a question. everyone talks about using Flare Blitz with Emboar but what about Heat Crash? go easy on me guys im an amature when it comes to competetive battling

it is okay, but it isn't heavy enough to get much damage out of it. many other pokemon are heavier and therefore take a small amount of damage. flare blitz is just better.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
In my eyes, Emboar are the most terrible starter ever introduced.

First, why bring a third Fire/Fighting starter, when it doesn't bring something usable? It is completely outclassed by Blaziken and Infernape both offensively and defensively. It sure has a big attack stat, but it can't make use of it with its pathetic defenses and speed.

Base 65 def, 65 s.def and 65 speed is a terrible combination, and makes it vulnerable to almost any attack, while it can't hit back either.

A third Fire/Fighting starter could not have been so bad, if Emboar just had something more original, but it is a huge flop.
I would just wish that Emboar were pure Fire type, like Serperior and Samurott. It would fit much better. They could also had taken a defensive attempt on it, so it could differentiate from Blaziken and Infernape, which are pure offensive Pokemon.
But instead, Emboar turned out to be the worst starter Pokemon ever in my opinion.

mynameisergtern

i think dunsparce still kicks his but.. although emboar has speed stat thats good .. **** stats if you know any pokemon is great if you a good trainer boy.. you know

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
Choice Scarf Reckless Emboar with Flare Blitz/ Superpower/ Wild Charge/ Head Smash is a scary threat to face if used correctly.

Emboar also has the highest HP and Atk of all the Starters, so it's not as bad as people think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.