• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emboar vs. Infernape vs. Blaziken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
That Infernape is a copy? Are you trying to hint that with the ditto?

No, I was refering to the part where he said "Emboar's coolest. Blaziken's cool. Infernape sucks." That part.

Chrome919

Gens 1-3 are best!
Blaziken would be my choice.
Emboar is too slow
Infernape can be outspeeded and speed boost blaziken plus it has brave bird.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Blaziken. It's the original Fire/Fighting starter, and it has the best design. Infernape comes second, but Emboar... I freaking hate Emboar.

This is pretty much my position.

The only one that was in my party at the end was Blaziken, IMO the best Fire starter design behind Charizard

Grei

not the color
I change my mind. Although Blaziken looks cool and has a neat cry, I like Emboar the best. Infernape can go die.

Go Emboar!

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
I hate Infernape but he is the fastest [ignoring speed boost Blaziken].

I choose Blaziken though, Infernape falls on some of my teams but honestly I hate his style even more then Emboar [and I don't like him at all]

I'll go with Infernape since he kind of grew on me while I was playing Pearl and Platinum.
I didn't like looking at the sprites for Blaziken in Gen III, but he does look cooler in Gen V.
Emboar doesn't really look that great to me and I hate his speed.

Vulken

The OD of the OG
Blaziken without a doubt. It's a freaking karate chicken on fire and it's one of few non-legendary Pokemon to be Uber. That's complete bad-assery. Infernape is okay, and isn't too terrible next to Blaziken... unlike Emboar. Seriously, it's complete crap in battle and has a stupid design. The only thing Emboar's got going for it that's even remotely cool is its shiny sprite, which makes it at least somewhat presentable aesthetically. Then again, all Gen 5 starters suck.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I like Infernape better.

I wasn't fond of Blaziken to begin with and Emboar is sooooo chunky.
I like Infernape because of its fast speed and power. The fire coming form its head is also a nice touch.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I personally like Emboar the most (favorite Pokemon, FTW!), but I do know that Infernape and Blaziken outclass it, with Blaziken being the hardest to defeat once Speed Boost is up.

EDIT: Oh wow. I just checked. MASSIVE bump.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Why no poll?

Anyways, definitely Blaziken. Coolest design, Speed Boost, and chicken that cooks itself (way better than pork that cooks itself or... ugh, nevermind)

BlazingCold

The nape wins.

Oh wait, it got bumped. 8-(

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Blaziken.
Aggron (Jeremy Irons) says: *cackles* "You can't beat me, you're nothing but a chicken!"
Blaziken (Adam West) says: "No you're wrong my friend, so wrong - it's embarressing... You see, I am a chicken that can kick... your butt!"
Aggron says: *purrs like Scar (Lion King)* "I know you're bluffing.
*Blaziken stares Aggron in the eye*
<classic Batman-style montage>
Aggron faints!

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I think it'd be unfair not to mention that, if a Trick Room went up, both Infernape and Blaziken would be outclassed by Emboar, who has access to both Scald (maybe not too afraid of that) and Earthquake (oh ****). Also, his Hammer Arm could potentially OHKO both fragile sweepers.

Last edited:

xXShinyUmbreonXx

Blaziken with speed boost is the best, and my favorite design wise. Infernape second, and emboar last. For some reason, this gen's starters got their stats mixed up. Serperior, the poke with the lower attacks, got the higher speed, while the other two are very slow for attackers. Anyways, emboar is too bulky looking. Its shiny looks good, somewhat, and in a trick room he is good. But regularly the others outclass him by far.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Tough decision since I love two of them. But I'll go with Infernape, one of the most badass Pokemon ever, Great speed and helped me sweep a LOT of opponents that came in my way. Blaziken on the other hand is just awesome. A chicken that can do martial arts is probably one of the best ideas for Pokemon, add to the fact that he has a good attack stat. He too helped me but I didn't own teams as I did with Infernape.

Emboar however, I haven't played B/W yet but I'll join the majority and I'll say I don't like him. Seriously, I was really disappointed when I saw him. He's the only fire starter that I don't like at all.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like all of them the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.