• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

emerald animation's or crystal animation's

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
so which game do you think has better animation's crystal or emerald, i think crystal's pokemon animation's are a little better than emerald's, post away.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Crystal by far. The sprites were actually animated rather than relying on messed up distortions. Although Emerald at least let the sprites move around the screen. (hard to explain...look at Flygon's fr'example.)

~Chibi~;249;;rukario;

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Crystal: Actual animations with too much blinking
Emerald: Sprite distortions with too much bouncing

Not a huge fan of either, but I'll go with Crystal's. :/

Female Steelix

A Female Steelix
Crystal easly beats Emarald! I was very disapointed with Emarald's animation's

Guy

I don't know!
I was disappointed with emeralds. Definately Crystal's, for they were smooth, and didn't distort the sprites.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I found crystals smoother, but bEmeralds were pretty cool too

Juputoru said:
Crystal: Actual animations with too much blinking
Emerald: Sprite distortions with too much bouncing

Not a huge fan of either, but I'll go with Crystal's. :/
What she said. I'm abusing Jup's posts! D:

Anyway... yes. Crystal. Though I think they shouldn't use this feature ever again until they can either keep it constant or not interfering with gameplay speed... :rolleyes:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Crystal's. Emerald's mostly just stretched the sprites using two frames, while Crystal's made slight changes to the sprite for each frame and used about 4-5 frames.

tylerH

Inactive d00d
crystal because it makes the pokemon seem more alive.

crystal >>>>>>> emerald

Emerald doesnt even look like real animations, just distortions and moving up/down/left/right

C

Champion Shade

Crystal. Totally Crystal. Emeralds just... Isn't as good.

E

Evanji Axu

Crystal. Emerald's were too choppy.

If only we put Crystal animations with Emerald sprites...

Volteon

Back I guess??
Crystal: Good animations but long.
Emerald: Bad animations but short.

I stay with emerald, I know Crystal´s were better, but the battle is much boring just to wait a Pokémon stop blinking...