• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald Battle Frontier Team

ricedonut

pringle user
REMEMBER THIS IS FOR EMERALD, SO DON'T SUGGEST ANY 4TH OR 5TH GEN CONTENT!

I have a Battle Frontier team on Emerald, but I need some help with it. Here are my current Battle Frontier Pokémon

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Your typical boltbeaming Starmie. I am thinking about replacing Psychic with Recover or Thunder Wave, but I am not sure.

Heracross @ Focus Band
Swarm
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

I am thinking about replacing one of the moves with Swords Dance, but I can't decide which one... Also maybe I should replace the item, I have a sizeable amount of battle points to buy one.

Latios @ Shell bell
Levitate
- Psychic
- Recover
- Surf
- Toxic

Suggest an item, but keep in mind I can't get the Soul Dew because I can't get to Southern Island. I kind of want Toxic on it so (particually Greta's) Shedinja doesn't wall me.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I'd definitely put in Recover over Psychic on Starmie like you said. For Heracross I'd run with two sets here. Either keep your current one and use a Choice Band or use a Lum Berry and put Swords Dance over Earthquake since Brick Break basically hits the same things and gets STAB. For Latios I'd go with FlameClaw on the last two slots for extra STAB that hits everything including Shedinja. Maybe White Herb on Latios since you can't get Soul Dew?

Emeraldfan

I don't know if you've done IV's and EV's?

Anyway, Starmie is fine, run this for nature and EV: Modest, 6 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed

For Heracross I can only second what Calcio said. Also, Jolly nature is what you want, with max speed and max atk EV's (252 in both). Remainder in HP (6)

I don't know if you have Latias, but she would do great with this:
Latias @ Leftovers / Lum Berry / Shell Bell
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 S.Atk
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Dragon Claw
~ Flamethrower / Surf

Latios is somewhat less bulky, but can run the same moveset, but you probably want him to be Timid, with max speed and special attack.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Latios @Shell Bell
Modest / Timid Nature
~ Dragon Claw
~ Flamethrower / Thunderbolt
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover / Psychic

Hope you're putting EVs,or you're not gonna make it past 14 straight wins :p

ricedonut

pringle user
I looked on the Serebii Pokedex, and it said that Latios can't learn Flamethrower. If it could learn it, I'd give it that over Toxic. Also my stupid past self sold almost all my TMs including Dragon Claw and Calm Mind, and I've no way of trading over other TMs. I also don't want to start a new game, as I have four frontier symbols, including a gold Skills Symbol.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I looked on the Serebii Pokedex, and it said that Latios can't learn Flamethrower. If it could learn it, I'd give it that over Toxic.
Doh. No wonder none of the places I looked in suggested a FlameClaw set lol. In that case I'd just keep that set since Surf hits a lot of the stuff that resists Psychic.

KingWiggins

I notice most of your flaws have been pointed out, but I guess I'll put my 2 cents in as well. Yes, do trade Psychic for Recover. Starmie is a great special attacker, but it needs away to stay in the game. Recover is the answer. To be perfectly honest, if you are really terrified by Gengar's and Herracross' you can switch Recover for Surf, but Surf tends to be strong on it, including with the BoltBeam set.

Herracross seems good. I am a fan of the Sleep Talk set, but this is good too. If you are going to give it the All-out-Attacker set you should replace Focus Band with Choice Band, seeing Herracross is to slow the take avantage of Focus Band.

Calm Mind + Recover can really hurt teams and probably wipe a whole team out. FlameClaw like mentioned before can be used for coverage, but Stab Pyschic is just fun, seeing that it will 0HKO ALOT of threats in the game after 1-2 Calm Minds. Shell Bell isn't that useful with Recover, so I suggest Salaac Berry so you can use this combo:
Calm Mind 'till low on health...
Berry activates and raises your speed..
Take avantage of speed and Recover Health back..
Full out attack from there. Can be risky without Bold nature, but I feel you can do it.

ricedonut

pringle user
I notice most of your flaws have been pointed out, but I guess I'll put my 2 cents in as well. Yes, do trade Psychic for Recover. Starmie is a great special attacker, but it needs away to stay in the game. Recover is the answer. To be perfectly honest, if you are really terrified by Gengar's and Herracross' you can switch Recover for Surf, but Surf tends to be strong on it, including with the BoltBeam set.

Herracross seems good. I am a fan of the Sleep Talk set, but this is good too. If you are going to give it the All-out-Attacker set you should replace Focus Band with Choice Band, seeing Herracross is to slow the take avantage of Focus Band.

Calm Mind + Recover can really hurt teams and probably wipe a whole team out. FlameClaw like mentioned before can be used for coverage, but Stab Pyschic is just fun, seeing that it will 0HKO ALOT of threats in the game after 1-2 Calm Minds. Shell Bell isn't that useful with Recover, so I suggest Salaac Berry so you can use this combo:
Calm Mind 'till low on health...
Berry activates and raises your speed..
Take avantage of speed and Recover Health back..
Full out attack from there. Can be risky without Bold nature, but I feel you can do it.

Like I said before, for some reason I sold all my TMs while playing the game except Toxic and Skill Swap. Also I don't know if you read my last post, but Latios can't use Flamethrower.

Also I can't really get a Salac Berry unless I buy XD or Colosseum and then either do all the battle CDs or clear Mt Battle. I would play XD, partly because I've never played it before and I want to, but I can't find a decently priced copy...

Emeraldfan

Can't you get a Salac berry in-game, from those people who give you free berries everyday?
And yeah, forget FlameClaw. Just use Surf + Dragon Claw, you hit like everything :)

KingWiggins

Psh oh sorry :L on me. Good team still.