• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald Battle Frontier Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowNorris

Observing.
Checking back after a few days and found that the thread in RSE forums didn't get any replies, so I thought perhaps this would be a better place to try this out.

Here's all of the Pokemon EV trained and ready for the BF right now:

Slaking, Adamant (Choice Band)
252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Return
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

Milotic, Bold (Probably won't use this much)
252 Def, 252 HP
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

Salamence, Adamant (Leftovers)
252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace

Metagross, Adamant (Choice Band)
252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion

Starmie, Modest (Brightpowder)
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe
- Psychic
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Skarmory, Bold (Won't use this much)
252 Sp.Def, 252 HP
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Fly
- Rest

Gengar, Timid (Scope Lens)
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Gyarados, Adamant (Discovered that physical & special classificaiton were different in Gen III to the later ones, so probably won't be using this since its got next to no physical attacks)
252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Return
- Hydro Pump

Ninjask, Adamant (Focus Band)
252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Protect
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Just wondering if any of them would make a good team together for mainly the Battle Tower, Pyramid and Dome. (I'm going for the gold symbols - if that's possible at all with these)
Currently, I'm using Metagross as a lead, alongside with Salamence and Starmie / Gengar
And another thing, would the Pokemon have an easier time defeating their enemies, in terms of the EV trained stats when leveled up to 100? (They're all level 70 right now)

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
For the Tower, you should use one Physical Sweeper, one Special Sweeper and then either one more Sweeper or a defensive Pokemon. You could go with Salamence/Metagross, Gengar and Milotic instead of your current strategy, or keep what you have and try with it if you want to.
For the Dome, you will want a similar strategy, though I'd advice against a defensive Pokemon here. You might also consider raising a Shedinja to take on Tucker the easiest possible way as none of the Pokemon he uses in his Gold Team has any moves that can hurt Shedinja.
For the Pyramid, you will have to adapt your team depending on what floor you are taking on. As you probably know, they all have different wild Pokemon that focus on different things so you will have to use things that are strong against the current floor. But overall I would recommend a Blissey for the Pyramid, if you are willing to raise one. It should look like this:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp.def
Nature: Bold
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled

It is bulky enough to survive practically any non-boosted Special hit, and it helps support your team with Aromatherapy and Softboiled (which can be used outside of battle in the Pyramid to heal other party members).

Regarding the levels, I'm not completely sure if it would be easier for you to win if you train everything to level 100. I have personally mostly battled in the Frontier at level 50 so I don't have a lot of experience with open level. Though one important difference is that at level 100, every extra stat from IVs and EVs will be taken into account, while it won't for lower levels.

CowNorris

Observing.
Thanks again, Winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.