• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald BF Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Currently I'm using Blaziken as a mixed sweeper and Gardevoir as a special sweeper, and switch the third Pokémon around. I'm debating between these six as to which I should use most/what moveset.

Starmie- Modest [Natural Cure]
-Recover
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Surf
What I'm using here is pretty much the BoltBeam combo, though I took off Thunderbolt and used Recover instead because my Gardevoir has Thunderbolt already. Anything that should be adjusted here?

Metagross- Rash [Clear Body]
-Meteor Mash
-???
-???
-???
I've just started training my Beldum so I haven't quite settled on the moveset, but I want it to be a physical tank.

Aggron- Rash [Sturdy]
-Iron Tail
-Headbutt
-Dragon Claw
-???
I really can't figure out what I want for his moves, but I want him to tank some hits and dish out damage.

Pelipper- Modest [Keen Eye]
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-???
-???
Planning to use as a special sweeper.

Latios- Naive [Levitate]
-Recover
-Dragon Dance
-Luster Purge
-Psychic
Special sweeper, any moves that should change?

Flygon- Sassy [Levitate]
-Crunch
-???
-Sandstorm
-???
Another physical sweeper.

I'm also considering this as a stallmon.
Dusclops- Modest [Levitate]
-Toxic
-Double Team
-Shadow Ball
-Protect

Any suggestions would be wonderful, thanks!

Kalosian

So long
With your current setup, I recommend a Physical Sweeper or a Defensive Pokemon for your last member (somewhat depending on what set your Blaziken is running). From the ones you have listed, I would suggest Metagross as a Physical Sweeper. It should look something like this:

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion / Agility

I highly recommend you to rebreed for an Adamant nature, though you could try a mixed set with your current one if you would like to. If you are EV-training, then max Attack and split the rest between HP and defenses if you go for Explosion, or put enough to reach 101 Speed if you go for Agility, with the rest in HP. But note that you can't use Agility if you are playing on Level 50.

Regarding the others... Starmie is fine, Latios should have Calm Mind over Luster Purge, and it will be as fine as it can, although the nature might hinder it at times. Dusclops can work but you might want to rebreed it with another nature and change its moveset a bit, I would suggest deleting Double Team to start with and go with something like Pain Split or Seismic Toss, maybe also change Toxic to Will-O-Wisp if you feel like it. I would recommend you to not use Pelipper and Aggron as they don't work that well in the Frontier. Unsure about Flygon since I have very little experience with it, though I don't think I can recommend it, sadly. If you want suggestions on other Pokemon, Salamence and Slaking are great Physical Sweepers while Snorlax, Blissey and Milotic are defensive Pokemon that work well.

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
I do like the set you have for Metagross, I'll probably end up breeding for Adamant anyway for the nice attack boost, so it should work, though I'm not a fan of Explosion since I do occasionally use Doubles as well.
With Dusclops, I'm looking for a stallmon for either singles or doubles- basically, I want it to poison the opponent and sit there with multiple Double Teams and spamming Protect so it can't be hit, with Shadow Ball as a just in case sort of thing. I know it's a tedious play style and not really the best at times, but it's more for my entertainment in the Tower. So in this case, Seismic Toss doesn't seem to be largely better than Shadow Ball, though I may look into Pain Split.
Milotic's another I've been considering, so I'll have to see which of my Feebas' would be best.

Kpotts

For Metagross instead of explosion or agility I would use sludgebomb.

Flygon
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Hidde Power (Bug)

Kalosian

So long
I do like the set you have for Metagross, I'll probably end up breeding for Adamant anyway for the nice attack boost, so it should work, though I'm not a fan of Explosion since I do occasionally use Doubles as well.
With Dusclops, I'm looking for a stallmon for either singles or doubles- basically, I want it to poison the opponent and sit there with multiple Double Teams and spamming Protect so it can't be hit, with Shadow Ball as a just in case sort of thing. I know it's a tedious play style and not really the best at times, but it's more for my entertainment in the Tower. So in this case, Seismic Toss doesn't seem to be largely better than Shadow Ball, though I may look into Pain Split.
Milotic's another I've been considering, so I'll have to see which of my Feebas' would be best.
Explosion is harder to use in Doubles, true. You could try Sludge Bomb like Kpotts suggested. By the way, I made two mistakes regarding Metagross in my last post. If it has Agility, it should obviously not be holding a Choice Band. And the Speed I suggested was for level 50, when it can't use Agility. The point was that you should have enough Speed to outrun Base 130s after one Agility, so if you go for that, you will have to adapt to the level you are playing at. For level 100, it should have a Speed stat of 198. But if you don't EV-train, you can just ignore all of that.

For Dusclops, I'd still advice against Double Team. It isn't a very good move, it doesn't really help you that much. Even at 6 Double Teams, the opponents might still hit you with every move they use. I'd go as far as to say that it is extremely likely that they will. Therefore, I would recommend you to keep Toxic and then use Pain Split or maybe Rest for some form of recovery, then Seismic Toss and either Shadow Ball or Night Shade which together has perfect coverage, or just keep Protect and Shadow Ball. Naturally, the final decision is up to you, but this is what I would recommend.

As for Milotic, a Bold Nature is the best you can have for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.