• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald/ Dry battery RS RNG help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totojolt

I am currently trying to get a shiny Groudon with my Pokemon Emerald, however hard i try i cannot hit my Brave shiny frame with my Brave Natu in slot one of my party (w/ Synchronize). The frame is about 8 minutes in, and I've tried about 20 time, but it never takes the Brave nature. Can method 1 Pokemon be Synchronized with? Or am I just bad at timing it?

On my Sapphire I am trying to manipulate SID/TID for an early shiny frame for a shiny Treecko. I am unsure how to use "Pandora's box" and how to do this in general...

Also can the grayed out natures be Synchronized over in gen III?

(not to picky about stats, just shininess)

I've read over the Smogon threads multiple times, and I'm using RNG reporter, as a side note.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

+Ike

♥ Call me Lexi ♥
Yes, Method 1 pokemon can be synchronized with. The timing is just very precise.. trust me, you need lots of patience because I RNG'd a shiny latios in emerald not too long ago. Remember, even if you're close to your time, your brave synchronizer will skip to the NEXT brave frame 50% of the time. This means it won't necessarily absolutely skip to your shiny frame. There are so many frames within the minute in terms of milliseconds that you'd have to be lucky with your timing to get close enough + having synchronize take effect. Another reason why it's probably taking forever is because it's 8 minutes in, and waiting that long for one try sounds a bit unbearable.

I am not sure if dry battery Sapphire RNG works yet because I have tried it and did not get any success in using it.

Also, grayed out natures are just neutral natures, so I am pretty sure they can be synchronized.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Merging with the Help/questions thread in case someone has something else to add onto the above (because that's where questions/help requests belong).

Actually just closing as the thread is nearly a month old already, I'd imagine they already managed by now or otherwise can just ask more questions in the thread sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.