• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald E4 Team

Absol6028

What did you say...?
Hey, looking for a little help on my Emerald E4 Team. I'm not going to switch out any Pokes unless I absolutely have to. Just looking for help with moves and items

Ninetales Flashe Fire Level 46 @ Charcoal

Flamethrower
Quick Attack
Safe Guard
Will-O-Wisp

Dusclops Pressure Level 45 @ Nevermeltice

Ice Beam
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Shadow Punch

Xatu Early Bird Level 45 @ Lax Incense (For the possiblity of a flince)

Fly
Future Sight
Psychic
Wish

Rhydon Lightningrod Level 46 @ Shell Bell

Brick Break
Rock Blast
Strength
Earthquake

Absol (^_^) Pressure Level 47 @ Focus Band

Slash
Aerial Ace
Future Sight
Shadow Ball

Starmie Illuminate (Horrible.. I wanted Natural Cure but couldn't find it..) Level 47 @ Mystic Water

Surf
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Blizzard

Any help on any of them would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Arlo

...and so on...
Nice looking team....

Ninetales seems fine.
Dusclops - I'd maybe dump Night Shade, just because Shadow Punch is doing the same thing, and with a guaranteed hit. Actually though... I wonder which one does more damage? Dusclops doesn't have much for physical attack, so Night Shade might actually do more damage in the long run..... In either case though, I think I'd only keep one of them. Though what to replace it with.... You can always try Focus Punch, though it's a gamble. It's nice against normals (in-game, since they're generally too dumb to avoid using a normal attack), but it's always a gamble. Rest is always a solid choice, since it'll help it tank that much better.
Xatu - I've just been working with a Xatu in Emerald. I've always wanted to use one seriously, but just hadn't spent much time with them before. The one thing I find sort of troubling is the lack of an immediate attack, so I can understand Psychic on there, though it makes Future Sight sort of redundant. But it doesn't have much of a movepool, so... I've been kicking around the idea of putting the two screens, Wish and Future Sight on mine and pseudopassing with it, but I find I actually use Fly a fair amount. And I can't quite bring myself to just pick one of the screens. Dunno.... I'll have to keep thinking about it.
Rhydon - that's pretty much exactly the set I use on Rhydon. In FRLG, I prefer Rock Head with Double-Edge, but in Emerald, I'd go with either Strength or Return (actually, Return will do more damage, but if you need Strength for in-game, then that's fine).
Absol - I'd swap Future Sight for Swords Dance, probably, though I haven't tried Future Sight in-game and I'm not quite sure how useful it might be, and Swords Dancing with something as fragile as Absol is a bit of a risk.
Starmie - I assume you're going with Blizzard so that you don't have to shell out the money for two Ice Beam TMs? Other than that, it's fine. Even arguably with that it's fine - it's just that accuracy vs. power trade-off. I think all of those are about even in the long run, so it just comes down to personal preference. And yeah - Illuminate's a pretty sucky ability, but what can you do? I spent a couple of days Staryu hunting in my Emerald, and finally had to settle for one with only so-so stats, in part because I just refused to take one with Illuminate. Luckily I had a couple of pokes that got something out of the hundreds of Wailmers I had to kill along the way....

The hold items seem fine, or at least within the limitations of what you can get and use in-game.

Absol6028

What did you say...?
Thanks but I just read this and I beat the E4 this morning. I hate Milotic ._. I had to Sr 4 times to beat it ._. And Starmie originally had uhhh... I think Light Screen or Recovery.. I forget but thanks :)