• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald Eyes - A Poem (WizardmonxGatomon) Rating: All Ages

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Okay... this is my first time posting a poem right here in the Shipping Fics. And just a heads-up, I know it doesn't look like a shipping poem at all, it actually is. I'll take any form of critcism you throw at me, as I need to improve on my poetry (this is my first one I made randomly, after all). And in case you may not remember, this is a Digimon shipping.

It's told by the eyes of Gatomon, so it's first person (like most poems I've read).

I hope you enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*~* Emerald Eyes *~*

There once were emerald eyes
From beneath a tattered hat
Yet from these he never cries
For sincerity to come from that

They were filled with light
However, he worked for a villain
Supposed to be blank, they were bright
To show me we all can

He was very wise
To those around him
But in our Master’s eyes
He was just another servant

From beneath blonde hair
Yet from these he never cries
For true hope to appear

We struggled to be free
By failing, on purpose, the plans
But to him, it was for me
His one and only friend

During a fight for freedom
We were harshly separated
Master forcefully took me with him
As I cried for my dearly departed

Hidden mostly in shadow
Yet from them, the tears were dry
If there’s any love, I will never know

I was taken hostage
Just to identify the Child
But I had a small amount of courage
To help keep the truth mild

Soon, Master came for me
Announcing a girl prisoner
I feared it was Kari
Yet I was wise to believe in her

That I adored and craved
I relied, in vain, on his hidden cries
So our friendship can be saved

At first I lied
To help protect her identity
It took just one cry
For me to reveal Kari

I stood up for her
Turning against my Master
But he had more power
Than even disaster’s

Filled with much bravery
With no signs of his cries
Still disappointing me

My Master threw at us an attack
While we gasped from below
I knew he had that knack
But we never expected him to take the blow

As he laid there, weak and dying
He thanked us with one last breath
We leaned over him, sobbing
As we witnessed his death

Once filled with beauty
From these, he shed the tears dry
As a last gift for me

It has been years since he passed
And my heart has grown empty
Kari over time healed fast
But to this day, I’m still weary

As I lie awake tonight
His death replays in my mind
I’ll never end this fight
Until it is peace I find

That had sparkled in the sun
The tears that were cried out dry
Will forever belong to my beloved Wizardmon​

Hey Kutie Pie, it's me. I used to be The Dark Evolution, but I had a name change. I can only use one word to describe this - wonderful!!
Gatomon and Wizardmon are my favourite Digimon as well, so we've got something in common. When I saw the episode in which Wizardmon died, I cried for hours. Wizardmon was the bravest Champion level Digimon I've ever known.

Off topic: When are you going to come and read my story?

Very beautiful and tear jerking. I almost cried. I really like how desciptive it is for a peom. And it flowed very well. The ending was just saddening. I feel so bad for Gatomon. Well I hope to see more peotry from you. Good luck in future writing.

~MewtwoReturns

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
YAY, TWO REPLIES! *hugs*

Psychic Umbreon: Hallo! *hugs* I sort of recognized you from the signature (and yes, I will eventually get to your story) *cough* Okay, anyhoo... Aww, you cried when Wizardmon died for hours? (Hey, who didn't?) Poor thing, I'm sorry. I don't remember the episode (much) but yes, I was terribly upset as well. *curses writers for killing off the best Digimon ever* And yep, they're my favoritest EVER! Next to my favorite Digidestined, Kari. (Whoo!) What a similiarity! Thanks for replying! *hugs*

MewtwoReturns: Hallo! *hugs* You almost cried? Poor thing. *gives another hug* I knew I should've put a warning up there. But I read it over, like, a bazillion times and I haven't cried. Well, I was tearing up when I was writing it. (And to think I made this poem out of boredom in school! 8D Really, I was bored and I wanted a poem. I can't wait to do poetry for English!) It flowed well? I didn't notice that... And who doesn't feel sorry for Gatomon? She lost her best friend (and future lover, you can definately tell they have a stronger bond than just friendship) due to the evil Myotismon. Good thing the vampire dies, yay! More poetry, eh? *thinks* I might someday, but I don't know. (If I feel like it, I'll do one from Wizardmon's point of view, whoo! Tap inside his head! All right!) *cough* Anyhoo, back on track... Thanks for replying! *hugs*

And just a heads up: This poem was actually supposed to be a little... uh... I lost the word... Oh well. Anyway, I did this poem as a little warm-up for the WizardmonxGatomon fic I'm doing. So when I get finished with it (I'm on chapter ten, whee!) it'll be posted here! So keep an eye open for it, folks! I'll PM you when it's up, 'kay?

^_^ Well, see you later! Thanks for replying!

~~~~~~~~~~
*Kutie Pie* Please be kind to midgets!

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Ah... that brings to back to the good old days. I used to watch that... until that channel decided to take it off, those selfish (Uh-uh!). Then they placed another one... took it that off... placed another on... took that... and without even finishing each series! >_<

Back to the poem. Now, I don’t know much about poetry... except that some poems rhyme and there is a different poem type called Haiku but that doesn’t matter.

What matters is what the people think of your poem. To me, your poem has developed a lot of interest. It is a sad story but I didn’t get emotional while I was reading this but I did feel sorry for the little kitty. If I had a pound (British currency) for each reader who cried, I would treat everyone to a drink.

Despite that I didn't feel much emotion I think you did it very well.

Overall score: 4/5

Last edited:

Encyclopika

The Queen
Digimon! Yay! ^^ I don't exactly remember this bit because I haven't seen the show in a LONG time, but never the less, it was very well done. I liked the rhyme structure you gave it, it fit very well and worked with it freely. There are some instances where the beat is off, but it's okay. I think you did a very good job and captured the feeling perfectly. ^^

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
YAY, TWO NEW REVIWERS! *hugs*

Brain Powell: O_O I didn't know you come in this section! *hugs* Yeah, the good old days of Digimon. The best days... back when they had FoxKids. I don't know much about poems either, but I know enough to make this one. And as long as you felt sorry for Gatomon, that's all of the emotion I need. Heh heh, you'd treat everyone to a drink. Yeah, but I don't know how many cried, and I don't know how much a pound is, so... yeah. Well, thanks for replying! *hugs*

Encyclopika: Hallo! *hugs* Yay, Digimon! I remembered it by watching AMVs about Wizardmon and Gatomon and the episodes! (All seen on YouTube!) Whoo hoo, I worked it freely! I didn't think I did. And yes, the beat went off a few times, but I couldn't think of anything else to rhyme with. ^^; Yeah... But anyhoo, thanks for replying! Now I know to use this poem in English when we get to poetry! Whee! *hugs*

Thankies for replying, guys! And if you liked this, then keep an eye out for the fic! It should come soon, I just need to transfer the story from my laptop to the downstairs computer. Yeah... so it'll take a while. But rememberr that patience brings great rewards!

~~~~~~~
*Kutie Pie* Please be kind to midgets!

MayShuufan

Mrs Brendan Birch ^^
Awwwh that is so sweet, so well written as well. I'm not much of a Gatomon x Wizardmon (would that be Taard or Wizail?) fan but I do support it. Anyway you included how he died and everything so it was good. Well done hope to see another Digimon fic or poem soon ^^ (hoping for Koumi/Mishiro/Mimi x Izzy.)