• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald pick up question

Status
Not open for further replies.

9voltdude

Behold! More Corn!
my friend let me barrow his lv.100 linenoon and I found about 2 with it before I returned it.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
yes. i found two as well, in just the one night i had my pickup team. (5 linoones and a nincada. make nincada faint and leave him in front of the party for compoundeyes' effect, have linoone use covet on corsola and luvdisc, and cut on wailmer, and check every two battles whether they'd picked something up.)

EDIT: the nature of the pokemon has nothing to do with it. it's a 1% chance, if you pick something up with a 91-100 poke, that it'll be either TM26 or Leftovers. and since there's only a 10% chance that you'll pick anything up at all, it's 1/1000 that you'll get a TM26.

i already have 20+ EQ TMs, but they're highly prized for trading with my friends, so i'm always trying to get more.

Last edited:

obada

frontier champion
I still have 16 earthquakes left, so until they are finished I wont be trying to pick up anything with my linones.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
trading with people, starting extra files over again and transferring over the good TMs (mostly EQ, Sludge Bomb, Brick Break, Shadow Ball, Focus punch, bulk up/calm mind, toxic, roar), and pickup.

they come in handy, since a lot of competitive movesets use EQ. it's one of the strongest physical moves available. second only to return as drawback-free moves go.

Heh, yeah, I had a party of 6 Lv.100 Linoones and maybe once in 10+ battles I got ONE Eq. Mostly though, I got leftovers, which suprised me. I have maybe 15 leftovers in my sapphire version. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.