• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald question!

benttwig33

Forum n00b!
Im currently in a pickle. I can buy Ruby and Sapphire together for $15. Or I can get Emerald for $40. I need help deciding if emerald is worth the money.

So my question is, what makes Emerald so much better than the other two? I have found different bit of info here and there, but never a bulk list :S Help please! I hope this is the right section..

BCVM22

I have found different bit of info here and there, but never a bulk list

You must not have looked very hard, then.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...m_Pok.C3.A9mon_Ruby_and_Pok.C3.A9mon_Sapphire

Emerald is the most comprehensive of the three versions, but there's very little that Emerald could give you that Ruby and Sapphire together could not, so if your choices are really Ruby + Sapphire or Emerald, go with the former.

I question as to how you could get a pair of GBA games for $15, even used, however.

BCVM22

Be very weary as to the authenticity of the games you're getting. Pokémon is definitely a franchise where I wouldn't trust used games unless absolutely necessary.

The stipulation to my recommendation is that Ruby + Sapphire together, while granting you most of the worthwhile material, won't be worth much if you don't have two DS units in order to facilitate trades between the two games, assuming you want your best Pokémon all in the same game at some point.

fire fan 888

get sapphire and ruby. i got emerald for only 35 dollars so u r getting ripped off (only by 5 bucks) but emerald is better so if u r impatient then get emerald.

BCVM22

If sheer volume of Pokémon is your primary concern and you have a pair of DS units, then Ruby + Sapphire is the right choice.

For the record, all of this is documented information readily available had you looked.

All of that aside, I just want to know what's going to have more pokemon basically (after thinking about it).

I dont know how many of the 386 come in any of the games. The two games are legit, and I actually do have two DS's to swap between, thanks for the concern though :D

I thought that the DS didn't have a port that you could trade in Gen III games with.

Ammako

Really, it would depend on you.

If you get Emerald, then you won'T have to worry about wich game will hold your shinies and stuff.

If you get Ruby and Sapphire, you can choose the boy in one game and a girl in the other and choose a different starter/fossil and be able to almost catch all of the 200 Pokémon (Missing the third starter and the trade evo Pokémon)

It really just is up to you if you want to have all your Pokémon on one game and have a Battle Frontier and more stuff or if you don't mind having both Ruby/Sapphire and be able to catch 189/200 Pokémon.

Ruby and Sapphire also have more glitches than Emerald, but they are pointless and they don't affect the gameplay. (There's purple pixels on TV's and at some other places, you can walk on a wall somewhere, etc.)

Personnaly, it would be a dillema for me to wether buy only Emerald or buy both Ruby/Sapphire.

Try to talk the guy into giving them all to you for 45 or 50$, if not just get emerald. With emerald, you get access to Battle Frontier, the cloning glitch, rayquaza among others.

Last edited:

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
I've got Ruby and Emerald and use my GBA and my gamecube with either XD or Colosseum to trade between the two - but I still don't know whether or not to go ahead and buy Sapphire too...

On a seperate note, on the GBA SP, is there a backlight? My GBA is constantly causing me problems because the screen is too dark.

FliCe

<-- 2806 Soft Resets
Try to talk the guy into giving them all to you for 45 or 50$, if not just get emerald. With emerald, you get access to Battle Frontier, the cloning glitch, rayquaza among others.

You can get rayquaza on R/S

anyway, i would go for emerald, since the battle frontier is quite cool.(if you have the money ofc.)

Ushio

I'd get Ruby and Sapphire if I were you. Like someone else said before, the price for Emerald is five dollars more than the actual price. ($35 for a new, $30 for a used) If you're getting Ruby and Sapphire for $15 for both of them, then I'd say it's a good deal. I usually see them for $25 each just for a used.

Having both games, you can collect more Pokemon than just having one game. You can also catch Groudon, Kyogre, and two Rayquazas, and get both fossil Pokemon even without having Emerald.