• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald, Team member suggestions

dbcb

To start off with, this team needs to be able to make it through the elite 4. I don't have the final evolutions yet but just planning ahead (only have 4 badges).

I also hope to take a few of these guys into the battle frontier as well.

One thing about my teams: I don't breed because its boring (hey, this is supposed to be fun right?) and I can't trade. I have TM's of course but I am not using them until I get a team ready for battle frontier bc I don't want to waste them.

Anyway my team right now is:

Blaziken: My best poke. A "sweeper" is what I think he is refered to.

Breloom: I needed a grass type to beat the water types (like mudkip evolution my rival has) and I liked him best.

Aggron: a "tank" I suppose. completely neutralizes physical types

Gardevoir: every team needs a good psychic.

I believe I badly need a water/ice type for the elite 4 and I was thinking about Walrein... does that sound good?

Other pokes I was considering in general were Flygon, Altaria, Slaking, or Skarmory.

What would you recommend?

Thanks and if you need more info just tell me.. my movesets aren't set because my pokes are still around level 30

Devastator1

To start off with, this team needs to be able to make it through the elite 4. I don't have the final evolutions yet but just planning ahead (only have 4 badges).

I also hope to take a few of these guys into the battle frontier as well.

One thing about my teams: I don't breed because its boring (hey, this is supposed to be fun right?) and I can't trade. I have TM's of course but I am not using them until I get a team ready for battle frontier bc I don't want to waste them.

Anyway my team right now is:

Blaziken: My best poke. A "sweeper" is what I think he is refered to.

Breloom: I needed a grass type to beat the water types (like mudkip evolution my rival has) and I liked him best.

Aggron: a "tank" I suppose. completely neutralizes physical types

Gardevoir: every team needs a good psychic.

I believe I badly need a water/ice type for the elite 4 and I was thinking about Walrein... does that sound good?

Other pokes I was considering in general were Flygon, Altaria, Slaking, or Skarmory.

What would you recommend?

Thanks and if you need more info just tell me.. my movesets aren't set because my pokes are still around level 30
blaziken
gardevoir
walrien
flygon/salamence. flygon available early, salamance is late.
ludicolo- better at hitting waters than breloom
aggron/donpan- donphan has less weaknesses (im being technical) and hits harder, but aggron has more resistances and learns better moves. I'll pick donphan for the BF but aggron is better for the league.

so theres an idea of how your team can look. if you dont want to breed for natures, catch a bunch of ralts with the ability synchronise and all the natures you would need. it takes while to get them but its worth it in the long run.

dbcb

Thanks for the suggestions...

and I just HATE ludicolo for some reason that is why I didnt choose him as my grass guy.

I forgot all about salamence... bagon is VERY late in the game correct?

I will look into donpan never heard of him

once again thanks

(oh yeah to anyone else...no legendaries please)

Devastator1

Thanks for the suggestions...

and I just HATE ludicolo for some reason that is why I didnt choose him as my grass guy.
How could anyone hate a dancing pineapple? .....well in that case, shiftry, tropius and cradiliy are all good alternatives, but in the end i think breloom is better than all of them but is not the best at countering waters without spore.

I forgot all about salamence... bagon is VERY late in the game correct?
yes it is, by the time you get it, you have a flygon if you go with trapinch. its after the 8th gym.

I will look into donpan never heard of him
seriously? ;232;

once again thanks

(oh yeah to anyone else...no legendaries please)
comments in ermm .......that colour.

blaziken05

I agree with Devastator1's comments on Breloom. It's a very solid grass type. The problem is that most of the combinations that make it so good require spore, which only Shroomish learns, and at a very high level. And Shroomish is pretty bad on its own anyways. Cradily is alright, but not obtainable until about midgame.

I'm not a fan of Walrein, but it's probably the best choice for an ice type. A possibility is to get Staryu and teach it ice beam, but it's not available until fairly late either.

dbcb

Yeah I don't have spore on my breloom. shroomish was just so freaking terrible that I had to evolve him when I could just to get through the game. breloom has been a huge help game wise... actually took out normans Slaking by itself while being 2 levels lower.

luckily shroomishes are so common I could always go back after I beat the elite 4 and train a different breloom. but I really doubt I will use breloom in the frontier much because when combined with blaziken, that gives me two pokes who would get destroyed by a psychic.

I didn't realize stayru crossed over into this generation as well.

any other water guys (that can learn TM ice beam) out there?

Xestt!

Almost every water type can learn it. If possible, get milotic, it's one of the best water types around.

Zayrau

challenger
i migt be wrong, but unless u're very lucky, it takes a while to find a feebas...
whel, bagon is available in mid-game, but i don't remember when exactly i caugt mine...

Emeraldfan

For bagon you must have beat all 8 the gym's because you need surf and waterfall to go to his spot. It is a very little piece of the meteor falls were you can find TM Dragon Claw and can capture a Bagon.

dbcb

i will prolly pass on bogon until the BF then... i doubt i would be in the mood to train him all the way up right before the e4