• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald Team Rate

Found my emerald game the other day and decided to play through it. Now I'm at Victory Road with a fairly low-leveled team. What I'm looking for is TM's or strategies, and yeah I understand it's not well rounded with 3 water types.

1. Lv40 Gyarados- Bite, Dagon Rage, Waterfall, Hydro Pump.

Hate that gyarados has bad sp attack and has no good physicals until hyper beam.

2. Lv36 Starmie- Recover, Dive, Thunderbolt, Psychic.

Probably the hardest hitter I have despite the level, has had plenty of calciums too.

3. Lv 48 Electrode- Self Destruct, Swift, Light Screen, Spark

Considering TM Thunder with rain dance elsewhere in the team.

4. Lv45 Azumarill- Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Double Edge, Surf

Decent defense and hp.

5. Lv37 Swellow- Fly, Wing Attack, Double Team, Quick Attack

Will probably switch out for Golbat.

6. Blaziken- Sand Attack, Strength, Double Kick, Blaze Kick

Again, will probably trade out for another pokemon :/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Others:

1. Lv33 Lairon- Cut, iron Defense, Iron Tail, Headbutt

2. Lv37 Solrock- Fire Spin, Psywave, Cosmic Power, Rock Slide

3. Lv38 Delcatty- Faint Attack, Return, Flash, Attract

4. Lv40 Wailord- Surf, Water pulse, Mist, Rest

5. Lv40 Hariyama- Whirlwind, Knock Off, Smellingsalt, Belly Drum (Horrible move set)

6. Lv40 Golbat- Bite, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Air Cutter

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
Electrode is pretty good, you could give it Thunder Wave to cripple and/or Substitute to block status.

Get rid of Gyarados for Banette, Aggron or Armaldo; you need several strong physical attackers/special attackers.

Blaziken is good for a fighting type, with high att. and sky-uppercut/brick break. However, if you're looking for a fire type, go with Houndoom.

Azumarill is a good wall, but for frontier/end game battles, you could get a better one like Milotic, Swampert (If you can trade) or Ludicolo. Milotic and Ludicolo have means of healing itself, while with Swampert you should go with RestTalk (Sleep Talk + Rest; Ice Beam/Earthquake/Surf for last 2 attacks).

Swellow you don't have to replace either; STAB facade/return is pretty considerable, and you can teach it Steel Wing. If you do decide to swap it, then get a Salamence.

Starmie is good, but Alakazam is a better Sp. Sweeper than Starmie plus has higher speed. All you'll lose is water typing/strong surf, but with Alakazam you can learn the 3 elemental punches. If you don't have access to trading, then you shouldn't bother, unless you want to get a Kadabra, which hits a bit harder than Starmie but is slower, plus you lose STABbed surf.