• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald team

I need help with my team for in-game
I have not played Emerald in a long time.

Blaziken(Naive)
Flamethrower
Brick Break
????
????

Gardevoir(Timid,Trace)
Calm mind
Psychic
Ice Punch(if so, where is the move tutor?)
????

Swellow(Lonely)
Fly
Aerial Ace
Return(where is the TM?)
????

Manectric(Naive,Static)
Thunder Bolt
Bite(not breeding for crunch)
Charge
????

No idea for fifth slot,last one for HM guy(Linoone?)

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Blaziken - Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Aerial Ace, Blaze Kick

Gardevoir - Calm mind, Psychic, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball

Swellow - Fly, Aerial Ace, Return (dont remember)

Manectric - Thunder Bolt, Bite, Charge, Shock Wave

You should get a Flygon, he's very useful for his Dragon and Ground ability. You're teams okay but needs a little work. Definitely need a water Pokemon too.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
You wanting a team you never used and from Hoenn or does the water Pokemon not matter? Good water Pokemon are Ludicolo, Wailord, Shapredo, and Tentacruel isn't bad.

I was thinking sharpedo but his defence is horrible, and his attack is higher than his S.att
The pokemon from hoenn regional dex

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Go with Wailord or Ludicolo. Wailord has bad def stats but very high HP and Ludicolo can't be obtained without a Water Stone. They're both good, it's up to you tho. Ludicolo would be ideal because of it's grass secondary type.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
The nature really don't matter unless you're EV training.

Ice Beam, Surf, Giga Drain, Waterfall

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
No it doesn't really matter. Swift Swim doubles speed in rain while Rain Dish increases you're health a little.

filteredfantasy

If you're not really keen on Wailord, you could get Walrein. He can learn Ice Beam and Surf, and his HP, Attack, Sp.Atk and Sp.Def are very balanced.

Aelov

If you're not really keen on Wailord, you could get Walrein. He can learn Ice Beam and Surf, and his HP, Attack, Sp.Atk and Sp.Def are very balanced.

^this

Also, you should run rain dance in place of waterfall on shiny's ludicolo set, as rain not only benefits ludicolo regardless of it's ability (highly recommend swift swim), but raises the power of water type moves by 50%. Fire type moves are also turned into a resistance instead of neutral.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
For an HM Slave, Tropius can fill that spot:
Fly Cut Flash? Strength
IIRC those are the HMs he can learn; Skarmory can do that too....

Emeraldfan

Gardevoir wants
~ Psychic
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Punch
~ Calm Mind

Ice Punch is a BF move tutor. Shadow Ball is physical in this Generation, so don't use it.

Manectric doesn't get a whole lot.
~ Thunderbolt
~ Bite
~ Thunder Wave
~ Return

This is pretty much the best it can do.

For Blaziken, you'll mostly use your STAB moves, so I don't normally learn him any TM moves, aside from Flamethrower
~ Flamethrower
~ Sky Uppercut
~ Slash
~ Bulk Up

Swellow could use Steel Wing.

Most of Hoenn's water types will do fine.