• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald "Under Appreciated" Challenge

SonicSceptile

Elite Strategist
This is a team I've been tweaking for some time now. This is a playthrough of Emerald with Pokemon which either never seem to get much respect or get so much respect I'm curious how good they really are. Also, three of these are a nod towards a certain LPer. Just looking for suggestions, no egg moves or BF moves thanks.

;257;Blaziken @ ???
Ability: Blaze
Blaze Kick / Flamethrower
Double Kick / Sky Uppercut
Bulk Up
Earthquake

This is the one Gen III starter I've never finished the game with. I always seem to lose interest round about Fortree, so hopefully this time that won't happen. This set depends on whether or not I can get Flamethrower without having to trade or use the game corner.

;272;Ludicolo @ Shell Bell / Quick Claw
Ability: Rain Dish???
Fake Out
Giga Drain
Surf / Waterfall
Ice Beam

Not too sure about this guy. Going to get Ice Beam early to try and spread the damage outside of Astonish and Absorb... stingy movesets...

;289;Slaking @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Truant
Hyper Beam
Yawn
Brick Break
Return / Strength

This. Slaking is -from what I've heard- near legendary. Insanely high attack with a crippling ability. Hyper Beam completely nulifies the ability when used. :)

;169;Crobat @ Leftovers / Shell Bell
Ability: Inner Focus
Sludge Bomb
Fly
Air Cutter / Steel Wing
Toxic??

Not too sure where to go with this. May use AC for more damage or SW for more coverage and Defense.

;082;Magneton @ ???
Ability: Magnet Pull??
ThunderBolt / Zap Cannon
Thunder Wave
Tri Attack / Lock On
Supersonic / Hyper Beam

Really unsure of this. I really want to use Magneton, but this is the best I could think of. Any Ideas?

;356;Dusclops @
Ability: Pressure
Shadow Punch / Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
Psychic
Confuse Ray / Disable

This guy could make or break this team. If I end up not giving him Shadow Ball, I could probably give it to Slaking.

Thanks for your help guys!

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
Choice Specs on Slaking I'd say

Choice Specs did not exist yet, and would be completely useless in this set before the physical/special split. You should be thinking of Choice Band. Hyper Beam is not good for Slaking because it will prevent you from switching out during the idling move. Return would be a better choice: It would give you time to give Slaking a Full Restore before it gets killed.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
More advice: Do not evolve your Lotad until it is level 31, when it learns Rain Dance. It will be perfect with your Rain Dish ability. Magneton is perfect with Magnet Pull, as it will destroy any Skarmorys that attempt to set up on the rest of the team. Due to the low Attack stat of Magneton, Hyper Beam is highly NOT recommended. Use Metal Sound instead.

Recommended Moveset (I am not good in suggesting held items)

Magneton @ ???
Ability: Magnet Pull
ThunderBolt
Thunder Wave
Tri Attack
Metal Sound

Metal Sound is a better alternative to the inaccurate Supersonic or the unreliable Hyper Beam.

Slaking @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Truant
Shadow Ball
Yawn
Brick Break
Return

You will need a way to troll the Ghost types that try to switch in.

Ludicolo @ Shell Bell
Ability: Rain Dish / Swift Swim
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Surf / Hydro Pump
Ice Beam

Surf has more power than Waterfall in Emerald. If power is an issue, you can use Hydro Pump instead. Focus Sash did not exist yet, so Fake Out is not so necessary. Quick Claw tends to be unreliable, and if you want the extra speed, you should get a Swift Swim Lotad instead.

Blaziken @ ???
Ability: Blaze
Blaze Kick / Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut
Bulk Up
Earthquake

This is my favorite starter, even though I have progressed to Gen 5 by now. Sky Uppercut is a great move that Blaziken can use. Double Kick is lacking in power, and besides, Focus Sashes did not exist back then.