• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald was the game with the worst spritess.

Calm PokeMaster

I think Many people will agree with me that Emerald was the game with the worst Pokemon sprites.As examples,look at Pidgeot,Charizard,Raticate,Crobat,Quagsire,Swampert,Blaziken and Vigoroth.

If you compare them with their other sprites,you will find that they are horrible.

Discuss.

shinyspilingeo

Pokemon Master
No i thought the emerald sprites were the best and the fire red and leaf green sucked

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
All of the emerald spirites that you see in the 3rd gen. pokedex are all of the mid-motion spirites. Emerald was the first game since Crystal to include moving spirites, however, the end of those sprites, the end position/look, were the exact same as both R/S. The only reason that they look weird is because they are like mid-motionsprites.

I personal don't mind them, since in all reality they are the R/S sprites, just mid-motion...

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Emerald wasn't really that bad to me. o_O The only one that bothered me was Mew, cause it looked like it was praying.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Meh, I'm usually not bothered by individual sprites, more just the design of the Pokémon in general is where I have problems. There are a few exceptions, though I don't think that Emerald had a problem with this.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
The only one that bothered me was Mew, cause it looked like it was praying.

That's a good thing! I always thought it looked liek a rocking baby, but I like to think of it that way more. You've got a good mind.

I actually like the Emerald sprites, and sheesh there's no need to make a thread to bash them, they're just part of a game.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Actually, I didn't like the praying look, either. But for the most part I do think Emerald's sprites are fine.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
The RSE sprites weren't the best but they weren't that bad.

Concept

Führer of Fun
RB Golbat says hi, if you're looking for the worst sprite.

I think Many people will agree with me that Emerald was the game with the worst Pokemon sprites.As examples,look at Pidgeot,Charizard,Raticate,Crobat,Quagsire,Swampert,Blaziken and Vigoroth.

If you compare them with their other sprites,you will find that they are horrible.

Discuss.

I'm guessing you've never had a glance at Green version's sprites? They're definitely the worst... ever.

lolwut? Have you seen the Green sprites? If you think the Mew is bad, you haven't seen the Green sprite for him. It makes me question if that is even a Mew, what with his abnormally large head. Let's not forget Green Venusaur, and R/B Golbat , And Green Dragonite and Charizard. THOSE are bad sprites if I've ever seen any. So, if you are going to complain about terrible sprites, the Green Pokemon Sprites page is the place to be.
[/rant]

granbull guy

Vasoline
i hated Emeralds Sprites But i loved FR LG's

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
After reading some of these post I went and checked out the Green Version sprites and JESUS CHRIST!!! Those were some of the worst sprites I've ever seen lmao. I actually laughed out loud at the sprites. Those were bad for even Gen 1 sprites lmao.

shaymin

Pikamon
Emerald in my opinion has been the best GBA game so far. The animated sprites made it that much better. As far as I am concerned that only thing that bothered me was Vaporeon's back sprite lol

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
The sprites looked fine to me. I mean, as Shadow Gamer said, just look at Green. Worst game sprites ever, even for first gen.

crobatman

I like crobat's back sprite better than the ones in DPPT