1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Emerald: Which Lati Did You Pick?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Aquarelle, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Unlike Ruby & Sapphire, Emerald let you pick which Lati roams around Hoenn (by letting you select either "red" or "blue" after watching a report on TV).

So: For those of you who've played Emerald, which did you choose as your roaming legendary - Latias or Latios?

I've played through Emerald a few times, but I chose Latias during my first playthrough. This was before I got Sapphire, so I didn't have a Latias at the time and I'd already caught Latios on Ruby.

2. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

Latios mostly because i prefer blue over red.

3. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

In Emerald I picked Latios cuz I had a spare Latias from Sapphire already, so Latios was what I needed for Dex purposes hee hee. I liked how we had the freedom to select which Legendary Eon Pokemon we could find roaming Hoenn in Emerald, unlike in Ruby and Sapphire. ^^

4. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

I went with Latias by picking red when I saw the news report. I ended up catching Latios in Emerald as well at Southern Island, so I didn't miss out on anything.

5. 955561976

955561976 Moomin

Same for me. Prefer the colour blue so picked accordingly.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I'm a fan of both Latios and Latias, but on Emerald version I selected "blue" so that Latios would become the roaming Pokemon.

7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Having already played through Ruby and caught Latios, I picked Latias in my first Emerald playthrough. When I replayed Emerald recently, however, I chose Latios because I like the colour blue much better than red and because I just love Latios' Generation III sprite.

8. Pyrax

Pyrax Mirai zura!

I chose Latios for for dex completion tbh. Latias was already available in Sapphire, which I still owned at the time.

9. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Here's what I chose during my other Emerald playthroughs (on my spare Emerald cartridge):

Second: Picked Latios since I wanted to raise one for the Battle Frontier on my main Emerald. Also, I think I'd transferred my Ruby Latios to Gen 4 by then, so I no longer had one on my Gen 3 games.
    Third: Picked Latias for similar reasons as above - I wanted one for the Battle Frontier on my main game, and I'd sent my main Emerald's Latias to Platinum years earlier.

10. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

I tend to pick Latias because I prefer her sprite, although I honestly don't really have a preference. They both appeal to me whenever I play Emerald.

11. Cíconne

Cíconne Banned

I like Latias and Latios, because they are adorable and have versatile movepools. But I selected Latias since I prefer her stats.

12. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I would have went for Latios because I liked its higher base Special Attack stat compared to Latias. Not really as much of a fan of Latias's base stat arrangements as Latios could just hit harder.

13. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

If I remember right, Latias has higher Defense and Special Defense than Latios, which is partially why I'd much rather use a Latios in R/S/E since I prefer high Special Attack.

14. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

I picked Latias because when they asked what color, I preferred red over blue, but I had no idea that it would influence what Pokémon would end up being in the game. I'm not sure which I would pick now, to be honest- I feel about the same on them both. Perhaps I'd choose Latias again just because it was what I liked more as a kid.

15. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Well-Known Member

I chose Latios because even though I'm a female, the fact that Latias nearly broke my eardrums with her super high pitched voice in the fifth movie didn't improve my opinion of her.

16. Jirachi100

Jirachi100 Kirby Fan

I would have chosen Latias but it just happens that I got a used copy and didn't want to restart it. The previous owner already chose Latios but didn't go capture it.

17. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Speaking of Latias's voice, I just realized that her in-game cry is simply a high-pitched version of Latios's cry. I think I prefer Latias's cry, though.

18. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Latias's sprite in RSE looks kinda derpy to me. I prefer her over Latios, but I think Latios's sprite looks better and more serious.