• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emerald: Which Lati Did You Pick?

Aquarelle

Staff member
Spr_3r_380.png
Spr_3r_381.png

Unlike Ruby & Sapphire, Emerald let you pick which Lati roams around Hoenn (by letting you select either "red" or "blue" after watching a report on TV).

So: For those of you who've played Emerald, which did you choose as your roaming legendary - Latias or Latios?

I've played through Emerald a few times, but I chose Latias during my first playthrough. This was before I got Sapphire, so I didn't have a Latias at the time and I'd already caught Latios on Ruby.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
In Emerald I picked Latios cuz I had a spare Latias from Sapphire already, so Latios was what I needed for Dex purposes hee hee. I liked how we had the freedom to select which Legendary Eon Pokemon we could find roaming Hoenn in Emerald, unlike in Ruby and Sapphire. ^^

Daizy

I call you honey
I went with Latias by picking red when I saw the news report. I ended up catching Latios in Emerald as well at Southern Island, so I didn't miss out on anything.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Having already played through Ruby and caught Latios, I picked Latias in my first Emerald playthrough. When I replayed Emerald recently, however, I chose Latios because I like the colour blue much better than red and because I just love Latios' Generation III sprite.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I chose Latios for for dex completion tbh. Latias was already available in Sapphire, which I still owned at the time.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Here's what I chose during my other Emerald playthroughs (on my spare Emerald cartridge):

Second: Picked Latios since I wanted to raise one for the Battle Frontier on my main Emerald. Also, I think I'd transferred my Ruby Latios to Gen 4 by then, so I no longer had one on my Gen 3 games.
Third: Picked Latias for similar reasons as above - I wanted one for the Battle Frontier on my main game, and I'd sent my main Emerald's Latias to Platinum years earlier.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I tend to pick Latias because I prefer her sprite, although I honestly don't really have a preference. They both appeal to me whenever I play Emerald.

Cíconne

Banned
I like Latias and Latios, because they are adorable and have versatile movepools. But I selected Latias since I prefer her stats.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would have went for Latios because I liked its higher base Special Attack stat compared to Latias. Not really as much of a fan of Latias's base stat arrangements as Latios could just hit harder.

Manchee

extra toasty
I picked Latias because when they asked what color, I preferred red over blue, but I had no idea that it would influence what Pokémon would end up being in the game. I'm not sure which I would pick now, to be honest- I feel about the same on them both. Perhaps I'd choose Latias again just because it was what I liked more as a kid.

I chose Latios because even though I'm a female, the fact that Latias nearly broke my eardrums with her super high pitched voice in the fifth movie didn't improve my opinion of her.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I chose Latios because even though I'm a female, the fact that Latias nearly broke my eardrums with her super high pitched voice in the fifth movie didn't improve my opinion of her.

Speaking of Latias's voice, I just realized that her in-game cry is simply a high-pitched version of Latios's cry. I think I prefer Latias's cry, though.

Daizy

I call you honey
I tend to pick Latias because I prefer her sprite, although I honestly don't really have a preference. They both appeal to me whenever I play Emerald.

Latias's sprite in RSE looks kinda derpy to me. I prefer her over Latios, but I think Latios's sprite looks better and more serious.

MockingJ

Banned
Latios was my choice since I needed one for Sapphire's Dex. It also looks better than Latias though she's good in her own way.