• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eminent Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstinence Pistols

I recently finished reading the book Little Pink House, which is a story of a neighborhood about to be taken by eminent domain. For those unfamiliar with the term, eminent domain is the government taking privately owned property for public use, such as building a road or a school. In this case, the land was intended to be turned over to a private company. The residents of the neighborhood sued the state, and made it to the Supreme Court in the case of Kelo vs. NLDC (New London Development Committee). However, the Supreme Court ruled that the land could be taken, since the company would pay more taxes to the city than the current owners, thus technically creating a public benefit.
My question is, should eminent domain really be used in this way? Should it be used at all?
Discuss.

I think this thread isn't as productive as it could be. I could use it for much better things than you could. Here[img139]http://gibc.typepad.com/toll_bridge_facts/images/sc2_1.jpg[/img139]is a court order granting me the right to the OP of this thread.

if you don't get it, this isn't a troll it's an example of how shockingly rediculous the idea is in the first place

Last edited:

Abstinence Pistols

I think this thread isn't as productive as it could be. I could use it for much better things than you could. Here[img139]http://gibc.typepad.com/toll_bridge_facts/images/sc2_1.jpg[/img139]is a court order granting me the right to the OP of this thread.

if you don't get it, this isn't a troll it's an example of how shockingly rediculous the idea is in the first place
For a second there I actually bought it. :)

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
Status
Not open for further replies.