• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emolga and the New Volt Switch! (687)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So was this a filler, did something important happen? Would Bianca leaving be counted as non-fillerish in a way, or not?

dman_dustin

This has definitely got to the best episode so far of Best Wishes.

My favorite part (that didn't include Snivy or Emolga) was Scraggy continually headbutting Pikachu without any effect whatsoever and poor Pikachu was only trying to break up the fight.

My favorite part including Snivy and Emolga is when Snivy wasn't going to take any of Emolga's crap. Like the part where Snivy was getting in the middle of Simisear and Emolga tried to "creep away."

Snivy was like "uh-uh, I don't think so, not on my watch." And the awesome part about it, Snivy didn't even have to look.

I also liked how MOST of everyone's team showed up aside from Dwebble (and maybe any captures that may have occurred in BW026), and Team Rocket didn't appear either.

Brandon00151

Aw man. Again with the Oshawott KOing >_<. But anyway awesome episode overall.

Anyone else during the Simisear vs Snivy battle say " EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE!" in their head, just to be disappointed

playerking

I'm sure there were no captures in BW026, or Volt Switch should have shown the Pokemon Bianca or Cilan caught, instead of Cilan, Pignite or Cilan's Pansage.

But I missed the funny parts, but it is still one of my favourites, it's right up there with episode 21.

Aw man. Again with the Oshawott KOing >_<. But anyway awesome episode overall.

Anyone else during the Simisear vs Snivy battle say " EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE!" in their head, just to be disappointed

No because it still would be too early, but that's just my opinion.

playerking

I think it was, Bulbapedia says it was, but that could of been because a trusted translator here said Excadrill was 99.9% confirmed because of it's voice actor, but it could of been Simisear or Watchog's voice, but if it was in the episode I missed it and I'm annoyed about that as well, oh well I'll probably see the episode again.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Excadrill got sent out in the first Volt Switch

dman_dustin

is excadrill in this ep

Yes it was.

It was the first "victim" of Emolga's volt change. Of course as usual it didn't do anything.

But I have to laugh at how drawn out it's "release" was from it's Poke ball. At first the emphasis of being sent out seemed like it was going to lead somewhere. Maybe Excadrill going into Rage mode. But nothing happened. I laughed and then Iris recalled it.

Brandon00151

I'm sure there were no captures in BW026, or Volt Switch should have shown the Pokemon Bianca or Cilan caught, instead of Cilan, Pignite or Cilan's Pansage.

But I missed the funny parts, but it is still one of my favourites, it's right up there with episode 21.

No because it still would be too early, but that's just my opinion.

Trip/Shooti can have a Servine in Episode 10 but Ash can't in episode 28,when his was wild and possibly had a previous trainer?

sigh Makes sense to me

But as you said its your opinion

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
So was this a filler, did something important happen? Would Bianca leaving be counted as non-fillerish in a way, or not?

Why dose it matter if an episode is a filler or not? Most fillers are fun, often its the non-fillers which can be boring. I don't understand why it actually matters? Is someone keeping a list or something?
Technically no episode is a filler, since they are all made for a reason, otherwise its a waste of time and money. This episode had Team developments, training, a gender confirmation and a Pokemon debut (which should be counted as one of the most important things in the show).

Anyways this episode seems great, from the preview alone Simisear looked awesome in the anime. Hope they can make Simipour look as good.

Last edited:

playerking

Well it was being laggy, anyway, it's better than it being rejected of episode screen time. There has yet to be an episode where all of the Teams Pokemon are in the same episode in best wishes, this and episode 12 were close, except in episode 12, Excadrill wasn't there and now Dwebble wasn't here, why can't we see them all in one episode, I liked how Ash sent out his whole team again.

Why dose it matter if an episode is a filler or not? Most fillers are fun, often its the non-fillers which can be boring.
Technically no episode is a filler, since they are all made for a reason, otherwise its a waste of time and money.
This episode had Team developments, training, a gender confirmation and a Pokemon debut (which should be counted as one of the most important things in the show).

Because it's good to have a non-stop of run of non-fillers, like BW is having. And yes some episodes are fillers if nothing important happens, a debut isn't considered noteworthy, I didn't see a lot of team development, maybe from Emolga and Snivy, but that's it, Bianca leaving made it a Non-filler I'm sure.

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Because it's good to have a non-stop of run of non-fillers, like BW is having. And yes some episodes are fillers if nothing important happens, a debut isn't considered noteworthy, I didn't see a lot of team development, maybe from Emolga and Snivy, but that's it, Bianca leaving made it a Non-filler I'm sure.

The show is about finding and seeing Pokemon, so a Pokemon debut should be considered non-filler, since its kind of a big deal, filling a Pokedex is part of the story. Today it was Simisear's time. Anyways that just my opinion.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Nah, Emolga development, most of the team doing stuff, far from being a filler.

I kind of agree with MechaBulba with that but that would make almost all episodes of the other series non-fillers even though nothing relevant happened, unlike in this one but yeah I probably can agree with you on that.

I and most people though try to see it has content wise and not new pokemon appearance wise and that's why we qualify those old episodes as fillers.

Last edited:

playerking

The show is about finding and seeing Pokemon, so a Pokemon debut should be considered non-filler, since its kind of a big deal, filling a Pokedex is part of the story. Today it was Simisear's time. Anyways that just my opinion.

Are we watching the same show, it's about Ash and friends traveling and Ash battling the gyms so that he can beat the league, so it will lead to him being a Pokemon Master somehow, Pokemon from Unova appearing are just there to advertise the games and for a Bonus.

But yeah, I guess Emolga became a bit nicer, although it could go back to the way it was, but yes, this wasn't a filler.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
Are we watching the same show, it's about Ash and friends traveling and Ash battling the gyms so that he can beat the league, so it will lead to him being a Pokemon Master somehow, Pokemon from Unova appearing are just there to advertise the games and for a Bonus.

But yeah, I guess Emolga became a bit nicer, although it could go back to the way it was, but yes, this wasn't a filler.

same old same old am i the only one who dosen't like gym battles as much as fillers

playerking

same old same old am i the only one who dosen't like gym battles as much as fillers

Yeah, the last two gym battles I didn't really find interesting, and if this was a filler, it would've been a good filler at least.