• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emolga and the New Volt Switch! (687)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Episode Pictures are up

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I actually bothered to watch this episode and it was great! Oh Bianca why couldn't you stay on the main cast? I would watch more episodes of Best Wishes with you in it. Your even making me warm up to Pignite a little. The flying Pachirisu is such a diva which makes for a great Pokemon. Sadly I'm not really feeling her relationship with Iris yet, it feels like she has better chemistry with other Pokemon then her own trainer, however it's only been two episodes so that can change with more Iris focus. Simisear is awesome! I love the faces it made. Great Pokemon.

So between Simisear, Bianca, and flying Pachirisu this was a great episode. I hope they make more like it.

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
Well it was being laggy, anyway, it's better than it being rejected of episode screen time. There has yet to be an episode where all of the Teams Pokemon are in the same episode in best wishes, this and episode 12 were close, except in episode 12, Excadrill wasn't there and now Dwebble wasn't here, why can't we see them all in one episode, I liked how Ash sent out his whole team again.

Because it's good to have a non-stop of run of non-fillers, like BW is having. And yes some episodes are fillers if nothing important happens, a debut isn't considered noteworthy, I didn't see a lot of team development, maybe from Emolga and Snivy, but that's it, Bianca leaving made it a Non-filler I'm sure.

As long as the episode is entertaining, I don't think it's too important whether the "plot" is advanced or not. And that's a very loosely used term in Pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega

So Swadloon is male. Now all we need to know is what Dwebble is.

Looks like a nice episode.

Emolga and Snivy didn't actually battle in this episode though(Unless I missed something), title sure was misleading. But it does look like the two have some kind of problem with the other.

Seems like this episode had some good funny moments.

And Bianca leaves, I guess the day was to come eventually, I wouldn't mind her staying a little longer though. It's a shame we didn't see BW026 to know if she has any new Pokemon on her, I'm guessing not though.

RickHoenn

Banned
So was this a filler, did something important happen? Would Bianca leaving be counted as non-fillerish in a way, or not?

Bianca appeared in this episode, she's a recurring rival and part of the plot, so no.... and it doesn't matter if the episode is awesome, don't know why people assume filler=bad (I'm not talking about you)

The first filler might be the next week episode. but it looks awesome.

Last edited:

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
I bet Ash could've done more if he wanted to defeat Bell even with Snivy, despite the type disadvantage. Though, we'll never know.

Plus, it's really been awhile since I've seen such an intelligent Pokemon, especially a first stage Pokemon. Just think about it, Snivy's intelligence as a Serperior, as well as Servine. Inspiring!

shady56

Blazing With Heart
this was great
simisear looked awesome
poor pikachu
seen how snivy fits in the role of ashs team
i hate the oshawott ko tho
and next week looks awesome as well :3

RickHoenn

Banned
In next week's episode, James's Yamask is revealed to know Shadow Ball, so it can't be a filler next week.

ummm yes I watched the preview again o.o so Best Wishes imo had no fillers so far.

Anyway, I loved this episode, IDK episodes with team interaction are the best for me. Attract is amazing I think it will never get old for me. :p

Aww Bianca has to leave :( get that badge gurl! She's already one of my favorite characters in the anime, I love the blonde stereotypical ditz. :p

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Chimchar Arty wasn't int he gym previously, Shooti just went to the next one, I can see Belle thinking the same, plus she is clumsy, she probably was with them in the fishing contest and then just kept traveling with them, then "WTF I forgot the gym, Imma go back".

But how can that be when the gym cases have predesigned fittings for the gym badges?? :O

again.....tranquill is missing.....:(

Honestly, I miss it as well.. It just evolved and its gone all of a sudden.. Not that I mind Swadloon's appearance.. That sulky face makes me happy! xD

I bet Ash could've done more if he wanted to defeat Bell even with Snivy, despite the type disadvantage. Though, we'll never know.

Plus, it's really been awhile since I've seen such an intelligent Pokemon, especially a first stage Pokemon. Just think about it, Snivy's intelligence as a Serperior, as well as Servine. Inspiring!

Iris defeated Pignite with Emolga's Attract, I'm sure Snivy could well do the same ;)

Intelligent pokemon.. Hmm.. I don't know if that goes up or down with evolution! xD

In next week's episode, James's Yamask is revealed to know Shadow Ball, so it can't be a filler next week.

But what if Yamask showed up in BW23/24 and then showed the use of Shadow Ball, then it would be a filler wouldn't it? I mean its appearance in BW25 was just so random that it left me thinking that it had appeared to them at an earlier point in time.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
But what if Yamask showed up in BW23/24 and then showed the use of Shadow Ball, then it would be a filler wouldn't it? I mean its appearance in BW25 was just so random that it left me thinking that it had appeared to them at an earlier point in time.

because it was captured in bw025 and any way as long as a pokemon debuts then it is not a filler

well, I didn't catch the episode on Keyhole, but litle Emonga seems to be quite the actress according to the ep pics, and it knda seems like at the end, she has some kind of grudging respect for snivy? Gonna have to catch it when i get home :/

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
But how can that be when the gym cases have predesigned fittings for the gym badges?? :O

Oo confused :p what does that mean in terms of doing the 4th gym before the third? I didn't meant he actually skipped it, I was saying that he skipped it for now since he couldn't challenge it.

He will probably do the electrict one, go back to Hiun and do the Bug one.

Chill92

Great episode, loved the part where everyone throw Pikachu around lol. Emolga and Snivy's relatiionship was funny. Pissed off Simisear expressions were win and poor Oshawott knocked out the whole time. So I guess for now the only unknown gender we don't know is Cilan's Dwebble

Linkaro

Emolga and Snivy didn't actually battle in this episode though(Unless I missed something), title sure was misleading. But it does look like the two have some kind of problem with the other.

No battle but there was that little mental battle of letting Emolga doing whatever the crud she wants or not.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Haven't seen the episode yet but the only thing I'm disappointed about is that Ash's Swadloon is male because 1. Ash has never had a female bug pokemon with both Butterfree and Heracross being male and 2. Leavanny seems to be described as a motherly pokemon so a male feels a bit more strange than a female (no offense to any Mr. Moms of the world). Though I suppose since its such a rarity for Ash to get female pokemon, him having a female Snivy and Tranquil made it pretty unlikely for Swadloon to also be female.

dman_dustin

Haven't seen the episode yet but the only thing I'm disappointed about is that Ash's Swadloon is male because 1. Ash has never had a female bug pokemon with both Butterfree and Heracross being male and 2. Leavanny seems to be described as a motherly pokemon so a male feels a bit more strange than a female (no offense to any Mr. Moms of the world). Though I suppose since its such a rarity for Ash to get female pokemon, him having a female Snivy and Tranquil made it pretty unlikely for Swadloon to also be female.

Well keep in mind Burgh's Leavanny seems to be feminine with that really feminine sounding voice.

Since Sewaddle/Swadloon had more of a masculine sounding voice (despite being voiced by a woman), I think it was fairly obvious Sewaddle/Swadloon was a male.

So it's entirely possible that the writers went for variety on this one (though they purposely made Ash's Swadloon male).

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the episode. There was tons of funny moments in the episode. Nearly every second of the episode was humorous.

Let's see:
-Cilan being a referee was funny when he declared Pansage the winner, his facial expression was funny enough and I'm sure whatever he said was funny too.
-Cilan explain how things probably went when everyone was fighting was funny too.
-Bianca is always funny.
-Emolga is always funny too.
-Those Watchogs were pretty funny.
-Simisage was pretty funny.
-Osahawott was pretty funny.
-All of Ash's Pokemon fighting was pretty funny.
-Snivy was pretty funny too.

I don't think I've seen a funnier episode then this.

BW020 is still my favorite episode but this could easily pass as my second favorite episode of Best Wishes so far.

Only thing I didn't like was Bianca leaving. Deep down I knew it probably would happen this episode.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Just from looking at the photos, this looks like a borderline filler. Oh well. At least Snivy gets some love. I hate to see Bianca go though.