• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emolga and the New Volt Switch! (687)

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Oshawott is probably the weakest after Scraggy on Ash's current team.

The show is about finding and seeing Pokemon, so a Pokemon debut should be considered non-filler, since its kind of a big deal, filling a Pokedex is part of the story. Today it was Simisear's time. Anyways that just my opinion.
That is only in the games. The pokedex in the anime is already filled.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Hey, I just thought of something. Could the three Patrat in the previous episode have evolved into the three Watchog in this episode?

pkGamerB

I'll shred ya.
This was easily my favorite episode of BW so far. I didn't think it could top last week's, but I was pleasantly surprised. Emolga is such a troll with Attract and Volt Change, but she's just so darn cute. :p Pansage and Excadrill's random appearances were both gold, as was the free for all between Ash's Pokemon (it was cool to find out that Swadloon is male, I had a feeling it was, but wasn't really sure since Leavanny seems more maternal imo). Also, I don't know why, but it amuses me to see Bianca's Minccino get owned in so many various ways. xD

I chuckled a bit when Iris snapped at Emolga for trying to use the cute routine on her the second time. The best part of this episode though was seeing Snivy putting her in her place, she's like the big sister of the group. She takes no crap from no one, but still has a sweet side, as shown when she helped save Simisear and shared the apple with the kids Emolga and Axew. For a second there, I thought she might evolve after taking on TWO fire types today, but it looks like we'll have to wait for that. It looks like there's still some tension between Snivy/Emolga too, so maybe this will become an ongoing rivalry.

Man, after this episode, I don't know who's my favorite Ash 'mon anymore: Snivy, Oshawott, or Scraggy?

Edit: @Mr.Munchlax: That's a good question. I actually thought that when I saw the preview last week, but completely forgot about it when I watched the episode today.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
The episode was really funny. Specially when Zuruggu was just trying to Headbutt Pikachu and utterly failing.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Hmm. It was alright. Some really great Snivy moments. Especially when she picked up Emolga with her vines when it tried to back away. Scraggy headbutting Pikachu without doing any damage was hilarious too.

Dax

Legend
Emolga is producing quite a funny dinamic in the teams. I wasn't sure about the pokemon joining the team but I"m quite happy she did. She's mischievous, cute and funny at the same time. She doesn't disappoint in battle either.

I'm quite happy Snivy got some focus, she needed it. I wish Tranquill was here to get all the females involved in the plot.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Iris is damned pleased with herself for doing something for a change. I can't really fault her for that.
-Bianca, Emolga isn't THAT cute.
-One of these days, someone in the show is going to have to TRY TO WORK PAST Attract. Because seriously, having the lovestruck Pokemon treated as compeltely useless is getting old.
-Attract VS Attract again! this time, They just cancel each other out. I'm...somehow disappointed that this didn't result in an explosion of some sort.
-Emolga finally uses Volt Switch, which brings out...Excadrill!
-...Axew is on Ash's shoulder (along with Pikachu). IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?
-Emolga apparently thinks Volt Switch is hilarious. I think Emolga's brain damaged if it thinks that's funny.
-Oh, and Dento notes that Emolga SHOULD have gone back in its ball, but it didn't. Why? Because it's a brat, that's why!
-Emolga brings out the Bambi eyes once Iris starts yelling at it. Iris is fooled and stops yelling. Silly Iris, don't you know that only reinforces its negative behaviors?
-VOLT CHANGE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO DRAG OUT THE POKEMON OF OTHER TRAINERS.
-Pansage gets woken up from a nap, and...it's pretty pissed once it gets hit by hyper voice! To the point of OHKOing Chin...ci...whatever the hell Chillarmy's english name is...with one Solar Beam!
-Pfft, Cilan called it a "weird taste" after announcing Pansage's victory.
-Emolga just does NOT want to battle. Well, tough shit. You may have joined the twerps for free food, but you're gonna have to suck it up and fight sometimes.
-...or Emolga can just keep using Volt Change. That works too.
-Iris and Bianca seem to think it's okay to battle using Ash's Snivy, even though Ash isn't one of the participants in this battle. What the hell were they thinking?
-Meanwhile, Emolga went off somewhere. Oh well, no big loss.
-And then Ash and Bianca decide to face off while Iris is desperately trying to find her lost Pokemon. They're such good friends to her!
-...I don't think this is really a battle that warrants busting out the theme song, guys.
-Snivy is doing almost embarassingly well in this battle.
-Meanwhile, Iris is still trying to find Emolga while her good-for-nothing friends are busy battling.
-Haha, Snivy don't give no fucks about this. It just drags Emolga back to the group like it aint' no thang.
-Emolga is shocked when its third attempt at the Bambi eyes doesn't work! And I'm thankful that Iris finally wised up to that.
-So then Emolga just resorts to shocking the **** out of everyone(except Snivy, who jumps out of the way).
-Ahahaha, I don't know whose static hair I like the most!
-And then Ash picks the best timing in the world to be hungry.
-...wait, all the Pokemon are just getting apples for lunch? No super-special Pokemon food? WHAT SHOW AM I WATCHING?!
-Emolga is a gluttonous fuck. As such, it uses Attract to get Tepig/Swadloon/Scraggy/Oshawott's apples. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a tiresome running gag.
-And then those four snap out of it and accuse each other of stealing the food. Hilarity ensues. Snivy contiues to give no fuck.
-And everyone gets shocked again! I think I like Dento's static hair the most. It looks like he went Super Saiyan or something.
-Cilan announces his attempt at figuring out the "mystery" of the missing apples with...IT'S THINKING TIME!
-Then Snivy solves the mystery by doing another "ugh, these idiots" look, then lifting up Emolga with Vine Whip. God, I love that little grass snake.
-Ahaha, Cilan pulling a pointer stick out of nowhere to aid in his idea of what happened and proceeding to loop through the same two frames of pointing up and down...that's just...something. And, to make it even better, the BGM here is the "hey it's time for a stupid tutorial that teaches you nothing useful since you've been playing the games for over ten years" theme! Which is pretty appropriate, since we JUST SAW everything he's talking about.
-Then Iris says "Emolga is innnocent!" and everyone instantly believes her. I swear to god, if I could reach through the screen & strangle cartoon characters...
-Emolga appears to have noticed that Snivy is bad news for it. Oh boy!
-After all this, everyone's pretty tired, so Bianca suggest that IT'S (...okay, I couldn't understand this word) TIME! Sorry Bianca, but you can't pull off the IT'S STUFF TIME! catchphrase like Cilan can.
-Apparently it's naptime. Bianca and Iris are resting against the tree like normal people, Ash is laying on the ground like a normal person, and Cilan is snuggling up to his backpack like a less-normal person.
-Emolga's only redeeming quality is the hilariously animated schemes it hatches(or, in this case, the hilariously animated lie about all the Watchog beating it up).
-Those Watchog have the BEST "whattya think yer doin', buddy?" voices.
-And then a Simisear crashed to the ground and flew into a murderous rage.
-And THEN Snivy saves Emolga/Axew/Oshawott's asses, and follows it up with a perfectly timed "oh no you DIDN'T" finger waggle. As I said earlier: God, I love that little grass snake.
-The gang's caught up to the chaos! Simisear beats the crap out of Snivy, and...why don't Ash & Iris just return their Pokemon to their Pokeballs?
-I have to say, the writers really captured the essence of how goddamned annoying Emolga are to fight.
-Snivy and Emolga work together to topple Simisear, so the day is...oh wait. Simisear's Flamethrower was thrown off course, and now it's about to get crushed by a huge rock. WAY TO GO GUYS.
-But luckily, Emolga and Snivy take care of the rock quickly as well. Sorry Cilan, but you won't get to serve monkey pancakes today.
-Emolga offers one of its precious apples to Snivy. A true peace offering if I've ever seen one!
-Apparently Bianca never challenged the Castelia gym. Whoops! Well, I guess that's the end of her hilarious part in these episodes...for now.

Overall, a pretty amusing episode(even if I did want to strangle Emolga for being an annoying ****). I also appreciate Iris getting two episodes in a row to...well, do SOMETHING. Poor girl got so shafted in the earlier part of BW. :(

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
^I think tihs is a good interpertation of it. Anyone else think that?

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I think tihs is a good interpertation of it. Anyone else think that?
I think you could have done without quoting my entire wall of text since it was the post immediately before yours. :p

Anyway, to actually contribute to the thread:
I'm surprised at how many Pokemon on the main character's teams are male. I mean, I usually assume that Pokemon match the gender of their trainer, but it's still ridiculous to see that gender imbalance in action. Not that it matters much outside of Attract antics, I guess...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I loved Snivy in this episode. The "oh no you don't" finger/leaf waggle thing was win. I hope there is some more Snivy vs Emolga type episodes in the future. At least Emolga trying to pull a fast one and Snivy being wise to it. It'd be a nice running gag.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I think you could have done without quoting my entire wall of text since it was the post immediately before yours. :p

I'll go edit than...

Anyway I loved how the writers had Snivy do so much with Vine Whip.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer

Anyway, to actually contribute to the thread:
I'm surprised at how many Pokemon on the main character's teams are male. I mean, I usually assume that Pokemon match the gender of their trainer, but it's still ridiculous to see that gender imbalance in action. Not that it matters much outside of Attract antics, I guess...
Agreed, and what makes it even stranger is that most of those pokemon have a 50/50 chance of finding a male or female. The starters I can understand but what's everyone else's excuse as to why we get like 1 female pokemon for every 5 males?

But I really have to agree that i love Ash's Snivy. I mean with every appearance the writers give her, she never ceases to just prove how cool of a pokemon she is. She really does seem to have the role of Cool Big Sis for the team covered and this episode proved it.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Emolga tends to have that "battles are troublesome" attitude, and tries to back out of situations that she herself created. First time I ever saw mischief of such havoc-wreaking level on a main cast Pokémon.

Snivy and Emolga may just have developed a rivalry of sorts here, with the former keeping the latter's antics in check. One particular scene that stood out for me was when Emolga tried to back off from the battle with that "I didn't cause this" look and Snivy not having any of it.

Overall, a hilarious episode with a couple of character-moulding events. Snivy shows that she is the most perceptive Pokémon and doesn't take kindly to the slacker attitude of Emolga. The flying squirrel's got quite the appetite though, when it comes to apples. Glutton of the BW arc, I guess.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

This episode was freakin funny, is it me or do the Pokemon hate Pikachu this seriesXD

Chill92

I don't understand why Emolga didn't use attract against the 3 Watchogs and Simisear. So I can only assume that the squirrel has a sixth sense and knows those were females. It would be intresting if those 3 watchogs were the Patrats from the previous episode, back for revenge lol

Meh, this one played out just like the traditional, comedy forced 'the Pokemon get into some trouble, how can hilarity not possibly ensure?' episodes.

Prima donna, poke-trollop, Emonga, is a Parichisu knockoff minus the dental problems but it's nice to have the Yoshi-esque, pro-feminism, mofo Snivy to clash against her overall selfishness and ****iness. Everything else was downright predictable about this episode from the standard obliviousness of the humans to the 'An oh-so-cute Pokemon ticks off a much larger, short-fused beast and all the Pokemon need to set aside their massive apple sharing issues to stop it.'

Oh and in a sudden but convenient plot device, Bianca suddenly remembers that Ash won the Castelia City gym badge and not her, so it's back to Castelia for you, missy. Do NOT pass go, do NOT collect 200$!

What, did she lose a favorite character poll or something and the writers nixed her from the group?

uber gon

Accept Change
God I hope Snivy keeps its attitude when she evolves.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
-Haha, Snivy don't give no fucks about this. It just drags Emolga back to the group like it aint' no thang.
-And then those four snap out of it and accuse each other of stealing the food. Hilarity ensues. Snivy contiues to give no fuck.
-Then Snivy solves the mystery by doing another "ugh, these idiots" look, then lifting up Emolga with Vine Whip. God, I love that little grass snake.
-And THEN Snivy saves Emolga/Axew/Oshawott's asses, and follows it up with a perfectly timed "oh no you DIDN'T" finger waggle. As I said earlier: God, I love that little grass snake.

Needless to say, Snivy was the best part of this already pretty good episode. She is quite the badass.