• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emolga the Irresistible! (686)

Littlemyuu

its soo funny that all the pokemon fell for Emolga xD
i really liked this ep =3

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
My computer crashed and cost me my bullet point summary of the week(I suppose that's what I get for being lazy and not posting it for several days), so I'll just mention my favorite parts of the episode:

-I like the turnaround from the start of BW. Iris was always the one who was gushing over cute Pokemon waaaaay too much and trying to catch them(only to have them go with someone else), but now she's the one stealing away the cute Pokemon from someone who was gushing over them waaaay too much(Bianca).
-The second half of the episode was just a stream of pissed-off Pokemon. Emolga pisses off the bats. Twice. Then Bianca pisses off a Scoliopede. Then it cuts back to Iris trying to deal with the pissed off bats. Then we cut back to Bianca pissing off a Gavantula.
-Emolga's crayon-shaded fantasies of getting more apples. Cuuuute.
-Emolga's Cabernet-vision version of Bianca and Mincinno(or however the fuck you spell its english name. I'm too lazy to look it up.). I hope the big, purple, scary, exaggerated versions of stuff turns into a recurring thing, because I'm rather amused by it.
-Excadrill being sent out, doing nothing...then being hit by Emolga's attract along with a bunch of Swoobat. Although I was kind of disappointed that Iris recalled it almost immediately after the fact.
-Oshawott seems to have a thing for Emolga(even when not under the influence of attract), and Emolga...is just creeped out by it.
-IRIS IS DOING STUFF. It's a miracle!

Wacky stuff+Iris doing something=a good episode, by my standards.

for anyone who understands Japanese, was Axew chasing after Emolga because he has a crush on her? or was he just being a friendly little kid who wanted to share his apples with his new friend?

when Emolga's attract hit Axew, Pikachu, + Oshawott the first time, Pikachu + Oshawott showed clear signs of being affected (Pikachu's arm-behind-the-head + Oshawott's eyes/hands), but Axew just stood there, blinking, looking like he always does. unless the blinking was his sign of being attracted?

not a big deal, just wondering if anyone who understood the dialogue (especially in the scene about 7-8min into the episode, where Axew wants to chase after Emolga) could explain what Axew's motivation was.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow, so this episode was actually kind of good. I was worried that we'd get another episode like that dreadful Gothitelle episode but we got an episode that was funny in most parts. I really didn't like Emolga as much as I thought I would but I thought it was still pretty cute. Anyway, I liked seeing those wild Patrat using teamwork to get those apples from the trees. It showed that wild Pokemon aren't so dumb after all. I also liked that Emolga pretended to be hurt so that it could use Attract on those Patrat. I hate that move with a passion but at least it was used in a smart way. Anyway, it looked like Ash and friends were having lunch in a forest but then I noticed that Bianca was with them. Well, that was a surprise. When it was time for dessert, Iris brought apples but Bianca seemed to want cakes and stuff. I have to admit that cakes do sound better than apples. Oshawott appeared and got an apple, though. How cute! Then Emolga appeared to get the apple that Axew had dropped. Emolga tried to dazzle everyone with its cuteness and then it returned the apple to Axew. Iris was about to offer it more apples when Bianca appeared out of nowhere yelling and then she grabbed Emolga because it was cute. Aww. She let go of Emolga eventually but tried to battle it with Minccino. Just as Minccino was going to corner it with Hyper Voice, that Emolga shocked everyone. It was cute to see Minccino cleaning itself, though. Seeing Emolga and Minccino both using Attract was predictable but I laughed when Minccino's Attract was overpowered by Emolga's Attract. Problem, Minccino? I thought it was cute that Oshawott took the attack, though. Oshawott always makes things funnier. Emolga flew away after that battle and Bianca went after it since she thought it was cute or whatever. And as always, the others had to go along. Emolga was flying through the trees and I had to wonder how it did that. I mean, flying squirrels just sort of glide around but Emolga seemed to actually be flying. Whatever, this anime is crazy. Anyway, Bianca stopped running and that allowed the others to catch up to her. I liked that look on Iris's face right before Bianca ran off. I also liked that Iris took off in the trees and got ahead of Bianca. I really never liked Iris's ability to swing from trees until now. Anyway, Bianca seemed to stop because she was tired but she refused Ash's help and kept running after Emolga. Meanwhile, Iris located Emolga sleeping in a tree after Axew was hit on the head by an apple core. I was surprised that Iris and Axew handed Emolga an apple but that was a nice thing to see. I liked that Emolga was formulating a plan of its own but just then, Bianca appeared again. Wow, she looked funny as she ran towards the tree.

Bianca sent out her Minccino and it battled Emolga, only for it to get shocked again. Poor Minccino. Emolga took off and Iris and Axew chased after it again. I was mad when Axew grabbed Emolga since it couldn't fly well but I was relieved that Iris arrived to save them before anything bad happened to them. A slide down the mountain later, Iris, Axew, and Emolga were in a dark forest and they were surrounded by Swoobat. I gotta admit that I thought Swoobat would look cuter in the anime lol. Anyway, the Swoobat used a sound-based attack but Emolga shocked them. Yay. Emolga led them out of that part of the forest and back at the mountain Bianca used a giant leaf to slide down and find Emolga. God, she never gives up, does she? Iris and the others spotted a pond and they stopped to rest. Emolga used Hidden Power to entertain Axew but then those pesky Swoobat reappeared. Emolga shocked them with Discharge and Iris fled along with the Pokemon. At another end of the forest, Bianca had Pignite attack a bush but the Pokemon inside of it wasn't Emolga, it was Scolipede. FFFFUUU- Anyway, she and the others ran away and then we got to see that Iris and the Pokemon had hidden inside a cave because the Swoobat were still looking for them. Geez, how creepy. Bianca had her Minccino use Hyper Voice on a tree but a Galvantula appeared and shocked everyone. Wow, that gag has gotten old. Back with Iris, the Swoobat used sound to get her and the Pokemon to come out but then they attacked. Luckily, Emolga fought back and then Iris sent out her Excadrill even though it didn't seem to want to battle. Emolga used Atrract once more, but it only worked on half of the Pokemon since some were females. Excadrill's reaction to Attract was interesting to see, though. Emolga kept zapping the Swoobat but they wouldn't die. Luckily, Ash and the others arrived to help out. I loved that Oshawott wanted to fight in order to impress Emolga. I sense a Shipping! Finally, after Pikachu and Emolga's combined efforts, the freaking Swoobat left Iris and the others in peace. Emolga zapped everyone in excitement and then it flew away. Ash and friends returned to the campsite but then Emolga appeared and it flew to Iris. Aw, how cute! It apparently wanted to stay with Iris so she captured it and we got cool Surfing music. The look on Bianca's face was priceless, though. The episode ended with Iris capturing Emolga and I thought that was a good ending. I really liked the episode even though it wasn't the best thing ever. I'm glad that Iris got character development and that she's catching Pokemon that aren't related to dragons as well. I think this episode deserves a 8/10. Stay faaaabulous~

Vodka Haze

I had mixed feelings over the fact that Team Rocket didn't appear in this episode. I wanted to know if they returned to their goofy side, but didn't get a direct answer, which annoyed me. However, maybe they are still being serious, and not appearing as often, which I kinda like. I couldn't stand them appearing so much as to only be blasting off again, that got annoying in Diamond and Pearl. So perhaps it's good that they didn't appear, as it might mean more badass captures and more escapes.

gliscor&yanmega

for anyone who understands Japanese, was Axew chasing after Emolga because he has a crush on her? or was he just being a friendly little kid who wanted to share his apples with his new friend?

when Emolga's attract hit Axew, Pikachu, + Oshawott the first time, Pikachu + Oshawott showed clear signs of being affected (Pikachu's arm-behind-the-head + Oshawott's eyes/hands), but Axew just stood there, blinking, looking like he always does. unless the blinking was his sign of being attracted?

not a big deal, just wondering if anyone who understood the dialogue (especially in the scene about 7-8min into the episode, where Axew wants to chase after Emolga) could explain what Axew's motivation was.

Looked more like it was being friendly.

I don't think Emolga ever used Attract in that situation. It looked like it was just trying to act cute. When a Pokemon is under Attract they get heart eyes, none of them had heart eyes. More over, Pikachu wasn't really affected by it. I don't really know how to explain what it situation was but I'm pretty sure it was attracted to Emolga. Oshawott on the other hand clearly was, although there was no heart eyes the eyes it has is commonly used in anime to show a character expressing their like for something/someone. As for Axew it probably isn't attracted to Emolga and didn't know what it was doing.

I don't under Japanese but in this case I didn't really need it to know what was going on. Axew was just being friendly, Oshawott likes Emolga, and Pikachu is just there being all whatever it's being.

Elision

Fall Apart.
Emolga+Axew=awwwwwwww
Emolga+Oshawott=ewwwwwwww
Eternal happiness
blah blah

Legendary Dreams

I have found yet another episode to placed in the "Fantastic List" (Before this, only the Scraggy episode and the Ducklett episodes were in.)

Just when I thought Galvantula was doomed to be a POTD in Scraggy Episode, it comes back again! And while we have completely no evidence, I'm going to assume every Scolipede Ash and Co. offends is that same one, until proven otherwise XD.

I hate to say this, but Oshawott was borderline irritating to me this episode (And I have high threshold for Oshawott's interferences, I found it hilarious in the Castelia Gym Battle.) Oshawott coming out randomly to battle = fine. It falling in love over a bunch of various pokemon, not so much, especially when it gets lots of screentime without it already plus Emolga is in the main team now.

Part of me (Somewhere between 15% to 20%) wants to bash Emolga, it just has that "troll-like" vibe in it.... well not as bad as those Ducklett (They were 90% I WANNA KILL THEM NOW). Emolga vs Ducklett was fun.

The episode should have thrown in...

Bianca: Look, a dust cloud, Emolga must be there.
Cilan: No, Emolga doesn't dig.
Bianca: Go (Insert Pokemon), use (Insert Attack)

(Rare Wild Encounter Music)

Sunglasses Krokorok appeared and wants to battle Pikachu!

Guess time didn't permit. XD.

toxictwinkie

I am REALLY REALLY HOPING that team rocket NEVER EVER comes back, The episodes are such a breath of fresh air without them and I am not getting annoyed thinking ""they are going to interuppt any second now" loop in my head.

However I feel like will come back since the main isshu region mission is over for now. Sigh. I am enjoying there absence whilst it lasts =D

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I am REALLY REALLY HOPING that team rocket NEVER EVER comes back, The episodes are such a breath of fresh air without them and I am not getting annoyed thinking ""they are going to interuppt any second now" loop in my head.

However I feel like will come back since the main isshu region mission is over for now. Sigh. I am enjoying there absence whilst it lasts =D

Too bad, they'll be appearing in BW029

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Seriously after seeing the gym episode you though they were gone?

toxictwinkie

Yes and No; thats why after the gym episode got mega paranoid of their return. Like I know they will come back from seeing that gym episode just HOPING it's only for the short term but I highly doubt it. =(. And I thought since they didn't make a return in episode 27 that they will hardly make an appearance so I was optimistic, but aslas they are coming back from 29. Hopefully not EVERY ep.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was alright. It was cool to see Emonga and Kokoromori for the 1st time. Emonga is so cute! The beginning was interesting, Emonga faked fainting and used attract on the Minezumi so that they would give her their apples. Emonga just love apples... It was hilarious when Emonga used Attract on the Kokoromori and it actually effected Doryuuzu as well. The Round move used by Kokoromori sounded and looked awesome. Belle's reaction when Emonga decided to go with Iris was priceless. Emonga seems to have a thing for Kibago, and Mijumaru seems to have a thing for Emonga as well. It was hilarious when Belle angered Pendoraa and Denchura and they started chasing the gang.

60/100

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Wow, just wow!

Yeah! I'm back, from my stopped watching Best Wishes because of TR supposedly reverting completely back to normal funk. When I read that at the very least they'd stopped blasting off, I figured I'd give it at least 1 more chance.

And boy am I glad I did. Emolga is hysterical. I honestly forgot how fun these episodes could get at times. And Bianca, oh god, Bianca. Dumb blonde... well, more like ditzy blonde, but you get the idea.

I liked the interactions between Iris, Axew and Emolga; you just knew she'd be getting it, but getting to know how that actually happens was much more amusing.

And Bianca accidentally pissing off 2 badass bug types was just hilarious. And her facial expressions when she realizes it. It just sells!

Emolga using Attract on the Swoobat was also neat, until she realizes that some of them are also females. Then Excadrill is hit. I had a good lol at that.

Favorite part though? Fully orchestrated end credits theme to set up Ash's Big Damn Heroes moment. I'm sorry, but that just made the scene. Seeing as it's such an epic them (and I heard a bit of it used during the gym battle), I couldn't help but realize how much they played of it! Yay!!

Anyhow, it's great to be back!

8/10

/CL

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was alright. Emolga was cute the Swoobat were pretty creppy also our second time seeing Bianca. I'm glad Iris caught Emolga instead of Bianca.7/10

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Emonga is actually pretty cute. Not surprised that Iris caught it instead of Bianca ;P I really wish Doryzu would actually start obeying... It looks so weird all "curled" up or whatever. I've noticed that the show isn't showing Woobat/Swoobat's psychic abilities o.o. After all, they are part psychic.