• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Emotional Moments in Video Games

Phoopes

There it is.
Too lazy to look for another thread like this...

BE WARNED OF SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

What moments in Video Games made you the most emotional?
Example:

The saddest that I've ever been while playing a video game was when Agro died in Shadow of the Colossus. First and only time that I've legitly cried during a video game.

The happiest that I've ever been while playing a video game was when I beat Satan in Dante's Inferno. After such an epic journey, to finally beat Satan and save Beatrice was... epic.

The angriest that I've ever been while playing a video game was when I was playing the Water Temple level in the original Ocarina of Time. Having to switch back and forth between the iron boots hundreds of times... RAGE!

Anyway... discuss.

Slick

Banned
Spoiler tags. Use 'em.

Red Dead Redemption, by the way.

Maybe it's just the mood set by the music, but i think, that in Pokemon Black and White, when Elesa comes and rescues Bianca from the contradiction of her own father (Bianca's).

*sniff

ssjtidus

Tie between FFX and Persona3's ending made me sad. RDR would have taken the cake if the ending hadn't been prematurely spoiled for me.

As for Argo... he doesn't die. >.> He lives on in the end.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Final Fantasy X has many emotional moments in it.
The two main ones I remember are when Tidus finds out that Yuna will die, and when Yuna tries to hug Tidus after defeating Yu Yevon.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Sad moments that come to mind:
Dom having to euthanize Maria.

Jim shot Tychus. Tychus was too cool to die, and yet he died.

Basically all of Kingdom Hearts (the series overall). Doesn't even require spoiler tags.

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
Final Fantasy X has many emotional moments in it.
The two main ones I remember are when Tidus finds out that Yuna will die, and when Yuna tries to hug Tidus after defeating Yu Yevon.

Agreed heavily
Naomi's Death poor Otakon :9

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Metal Gear Solid 3, that ending.

Hell, each of the MGS console games have their moments.

Pokemon isn't a sad game. This is not even an argument.

-_- They never said it was a sad moment, and that's not even what the thread is asking about. It was a little heartfelt, and I myself liked it too.

xKatie0391

For sad moments:
Red Dead Redemption (had tears in my eyes, didn't properly cry).
And Gears 2 + 3 *spoilers below*
Tears in my eyes when Dom euthanised Maria in 2. Sobbed like a baby when he died in 3 ;.; I probably would've cried more if his death hadn't been spoiled for me

Happy moments.. can only think of two from Gears 3 *again, spoilers below*
When Dizzy returned, and when Baird fixed Jack

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Ending of MGS4 was sad, though it's been a while since I last played it so I'm not sure if I even remember the whole thing.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
FFX, kingdom hearts and FF7 Crisis core currently hold the title of "Games That Make Me Sad"

Dissidia012 was the game that made me the happiest because I wanted a sequel for that game so bad.

The new Castlevania game ( i forgot the name) got me so angry
When he killed that girl with the iron knight she was in the story for like 2 seconds and looked really important and he just killed her...by accident.

Last edited: