• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Empathy towards NPC-s or: am I insane?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I thought a small screen is worse than a big one.

I'm not entirely sure on that one, hence "may"

I may get a 3DS XL, if it exists. I do have saved money. Eyesight is probably my only concern- I have one good eye.

It does exist. The new Charizard-themed black DS, is a 3DS XL. There's also a Pikachu-themed yellow one.
And oh, I also have only one good eye :) My left eye's still working...but not so much compared to my right eye.

And I saw generated NPC-s in the avenue. I do wish to make the lady NPC-s happy, as I feel they too are part of the Pokemon world that made me happy, and get through bad moments.

Yep. So there's actually no problem in making the place "bustling", it just takes longer time, that's all :)

Anyway, I just remembered one thing, it's kinda sad when you realize your B/W character went around the world looking for N, when it turns out N is back in Unova.
All the time and effort spent looking for him becomes pointless as N is....well, he's there on Unova, the starting place. And the B/W character won't even know about it, since apparently he/she cannot be contacted by everyone else for some reason.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Anyway, I just remembered one thing, it's kinda sad when you realize your B/W character went around the world looking for N, when it turns out N is back in Unova.
All the time spent looking for him becomes pointless as N is....well, he's there on Unova, the starting place. And the B/W character won't even know about it, since apparently he/she cannot be contacted by everyone else for some reason.

Well, N will probably just leave again anyway; he said that he wanted to spread his knowledge with other people and become a "bridge" between humans and Pokemon.

tyranitarenthusiast

well i guess its just like having a favorite shirt even though its really old and weathered.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
My weirdest moment of empathy comes when I go to switch out with an HM user and don't want to stuff any of my team members into the PC and I'm genuinely afraid they'll be upset.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Wally's story in RSE gave me feels, and there where a few creapypastas that came out of it too (I hope that in the remakes they go a little deeper into his back story)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Wally, Cheren, Bianca, Silver, and Hugh's stories all make me feel for them really.
Barry had something similar, but that was solely because of Jupiter and his League appearance ingame.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Wally, Cheren, Bianca, Silver, and Hugh's stories all make me feel for them really.
Barry had something similar, but that was solely because of Jupiter and his League appearance ingame.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
All the time spent looking for him becomes pointless as N is....well, he's there on Unova, the starting place. And the B/W character won't even know about it, since apparently he/she cannot be contacted by everyone else for some reason.

Well, N did say he was going to look for and thank the B/W character....so...maybe we might get a reference in a future game?

shadow_zoroark

Think They Saw Us?
It's not really that weird.. i would go into detail but i'm running out of time to be on ^^;;

though i do agree about not using emulators

Cilan, Chili, and Cress are never seen as individuals, considered by their own companions to be a single Gym Leader.

I felt empathy towards those three, especially after seeing their Memory Link event. A lot of games try to do that, make you feel like the charaters are actually real people/animals/etc. Such as Count Bleck in Super Paper Mario, I felt sad when I heard his story. His father told him he killed his true love, then he decided to destroy the world because it held no meaning for him. A lot of video games stories make me (and many others, I hope) feel sadness/empathy towards them.

And, to all of you that said it's wierd, you must be inhuman. It's been said many times before, and i'll say it again, empathy is a human emotion. The NPC's are made to be like real people and animals, which you should already feel empathy for. If not . . . I can't help you.

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

My weirdest moment of empathy comes when I go to switch out with an HM user and don't want to stuff any of my team members into the PC and I'm genuinely afraid they'll be upset.
lol, I've done this in the past, although I'm kind of over it now I guess.
Not really in Pokemon, but I get it with other games. I'm often a 'Paragon' if you will as a result.
Yeah. I don't usually feel too bad for pokemon NPCs, but I was semi-ridiculed for not wanted to kill Soap, Ghost, etc. in the MW2 Museum, and I was much more 'good' then 'evil' in Fallout 3 and Mass Effect (who have their own morality scales).

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
Not so much in pokemon but in skyrim I find it really hard to bad things to nice people and I feel guitly if I do. If someone asks for my help to save their village or find some lost loved one I can't help but oblige. ;474;

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
In video games in general, I tend to make make the good decisions even if the choices I make don't have any effect. For example, if an NPC asked me if I liked his or her hair, I'd reply yes.

Arbok4Ever

I'm not really empathic towards NPC's or Pokémon, but it does hurt a little bit to delete a team after beating the game.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
This isn't really toward's NPCs (are your Pokémon considered NPCs...?) but I feel bad when I put one of my main team members into the PC.
I almost feel as though the Pokémon is disappointed in me. XD I'm weird.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
This is exactly why I utterly refuse to carry around an HM slave in my team (I actually have serious issues with the term HM slave in general). You have a pokemon with you, but you never bring it out to battle or care for it. Its only use is for HMs. Imagine what the pokemon feels. You do not care about it, the only purpose it serves to use HM moves, and is otherwise disposable. If someone thought of you that way, how would you feel?