• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Employment

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
I have my first real job this summer. I am working at The Great Escape, my local Great Escape-owned theme park. I work in food services, which, depending on which restaurant in the park they have me work in, involves such things as cooking and serving food, preparing food, and bringing things from the storehouse to the various restaurants.

This spurred me to start a thread about jobs. Where do you work, what kind of things do you do, and do you enjoy your job?

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Over the summer, breaks, and some weekends I work at a movie theater cleaning and serving concessions and all that good movie stuff. It's not bad, though it is minimum wage. I'm trying to pick up a second job for this summer helping at a Preschool summer program for 13 (!) dollars an hour during the mornings. I like having money.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Wal*Mart, 5 year vetren, I work in Electronics most of the time, but I'm covering in Garden Center for the Summer.

I hate how atm we have corprate down trying to boost sales, they keep epicly failing (Country folk dn't give a shit about stuff that works in city stores) and then blame the associates. And the open door policy fails, if you try and report any form of management (which, is who you go to for the ODP) they brush it off as a 'hater gonna hate' because associates are dispensible. (WE NEED A DEPUTATION!)

I enjoy work outside that.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
No where. I'm too lazy, and I don't really need the money. I hope to later work in a job that pays a lot when I do need it though.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Currently looking for one. Kinda hard when no ones is hiring or is willing to give you a chance.

And I really need the money.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Looking for one. I might try one of the places that my friends work. In the meantime, I am volunteering at the animal shelter, which is pretty fun because your responsibilities are to play and walk with the animals there.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I worked at a horse farm for the summer after freshman year (when I was 14). Last summer, when I was 15 (summer after sophomore year) I worked in a research office and my dad's office (doctor). I won't be working this summer because I'm taking classes over the summer instead, but I hope to get a paying job next summer, maybe even next spring if my schedule allows for it.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
About to get a summer job with the Canadian Department of Defence. Not quite sure what to expect, except waking up at 3:30am to commute to be to work at 5:30.

Currently waiting to hear back from like a million places. Since no one seems to want to hire me, it looks like I'm going back to the Post Office (easy in because my mom works as a supervisor there).
It's not very fun (sorting packages by zip code for ~6 hours, weee) and pretty much takes away all evening freedom, but I desperately need the money. And at about $9/hr it's more than minimum wage soooo.

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
I work at Coco key water resort. I'm a lifeguard been working there for about 2 yrs. I'm currently looking for a second job.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
I don't need a job yet, nor can I get one as I'm under 15.

Arkisys

I can't get a job because my dad already makes me work about 20+ hours A week free of pay. And I don't even get a allowance. Not to mention school.

Last edited:

Rave

Banned
I can't get a job because my dad already makes me work about 20+ hours A week free of pay. And I don't even get a allowance. Not to mention school.

That is the epitome of douche.

I've been job hunting all week long. I've been trying to be productive, volunteer and try to do something to keep me busy and help me to survive somehow.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I might be getting a job at Burger King soon. Yeah pretty stoked ngl. I've been spending way too much money lately so.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
No where. I'm too lazy, and I don't really need the money. I hope to later work in a job that pays a lot when I do need it though.

Just keep in mind that with nothing on your resume you will not get a really good job. You need to build work experience or no one will ever hire you. I've been working summers since I was 15.

HoennMaster

I've had four jobs. I worked at two different movie theaters a few years ago (God that sucked), then I worked at a Dollar Store for year and now I've been working at an office supply store since early 2009.

Brumrha

Banned
If anyone ever hears me say that I am stoked about a job at Burger King, please put me out of my misery.

Would that also apply to the rest of the fast food business, like Mcdonald's? That's where I'm working at, mainly because my mom dragged me over there after my wallet got stolen during a vacation over at Baltimore a few years back. That place is driving me on the brink of insanity, with all of those people that keep crowding this place like an angry mob, & once they do get everything, you'll think that you're done, right? Wrong, those same people will end up coming back for more! It makes me wonder if our food is drugged up or something... as these people are always coming back, as if they friggin' crave for this stuff.

The really sad thing is, that more often than not, fast food will be the only place where one can find employment these days if they just came out fresh from schooling, seeing that every damn job around here requires work experience.

Last edited: