• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Empoleon Starter-Only Challebge Move

My level 59 Empoleon wants to learn learn Hydro Pump. What should I do?

Its moves are:
Cut
Shadow Claw
Surf
Drill Peck

I am trying to complete Platinum with only my starter (plus HM/TM users). Please suggest some stuff to me!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Surf is more reliable than Hydro Pump, so I'd say stick with it and ditch Cut first chance you get.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Is there a way to have another chance to get Hydro Pump? I cannot get rid of Cut as it is a HM move.

You can go to the move deleter in Canalave City (house directly south of Pokemon Center) to delete the HM. As for Hydro Pump, for a heart scale, you can go to Pastoria City and go to the move relearner (move tutor etc) and he'll be able to teach Hydro Pump again, but I don't really think you'll need it. The accuracy means it'll be less reliable than Surf. So let's say you try to use Hydro Pump, but it misses twice, you could've had that Pokemon fainted already had you used Surf instead, but it's really up to you.

You can go to the move deleter in Canalave City (house directly south of Pokemon Center) to delete the HM. As for Hydro Pump, for a heart scale, you can go to Pastoria City and go to the move relearner (move tutor etc) and he'll be able to teach Hydro Pump again, but I don't really think you'll need it. The accuracy means it'll be less reliable than Surf. So let's say you try to use Hydro Pump, but it misses twice, you could've had that Pokemon fainted already had you used Surf instead, but it's really up to you.
Thanks! I’m not going to try to learn it, unless I really need it.